Top notch 250GTE for sale | FerrariChat

Top notch 250GTE for sale

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by merstheman, Jun 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Ferrari 250 GTE For Sale | 1962 Ferrari GTE 2+2

Jim Glickenhaus posted about his friend's 250 GTE which is for sale in NY. I've seen lots of pictures of this car, and the owner really took great care of it. If you're interested, I'd say it's worth a look. Don't miss the video, too!

Classic Desire on Vimeo

(I have nothing to do with this ad or car, other than the fact that I really hope I wake up tomorrow considerably richer so I can be the one to buy it...)

2. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    What a beautifully prepared advert for a beautiful car.
    I'm pleased to see a quality car sold other than through the auction route.
    I hope your friend does well.

3. KenGoldman

KenGoldman Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 25, 2009
    MASS., USA
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Goldman
    Beautiful car.

Any idea of asking price on this??

Ken Goldman

4. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I have no idea, but considering that market trends graph I would say 300K+. But really that's a complete guess. Like I said, I don't know the owner other than following some of the car's exploits on social media. He is a friend of Jim Glickenhaus'.

5. margarita

margarita Formula 3

Mar 20, 2011
    usa
  6. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    That's the best for sale ad I've ever seen.

7. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
  8. B.R.

B.R. Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2006
    Full Name:
    B.R.
    Hello all.
    Yes my car is for sale as you all saw the site I had developed. Thank you for all your compliments on the way I have advertised it as well as the compliments on the car itself. I am always a upfront and honest person when it comes to selling anything of mine so just to be clear the car does not come with original books or tools and it was not a bare metal respray that just took place last month. However the car is absolutely beautiful and yes I have taken exceptional care of her. I have decided to sell her because I want to get a PreWar GP car and feel that those cars are still great values even though they are still a lot of money to some. Perhaps one day I will get another GTE although I would probably pay more for her the second time around as I feel these cars are very undervalued. If you are a serious buyer you can contact me here or through my site. Please no brokers unless your already a friend that is:)

All my best to all of you.
    BR

9. flumpy

flumpy Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2009
    Great car. How do you go about making a web page like that? is there a template I can use? Thanks.

10. B.R.

B.R. Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2006
    Full Name:
    B.R.
    Flumpy,

How observant of you to notice good programing and design.
    As that is my business I had my programers do it for me. I was tired of the same old for sale car sites not giving you the ability to showcase your specific car in a way that spoke to the actual people you are marketing to. So I decided it was time to make my own. The reaction to it is just as I suspected people love it and they are asking about it perhaps more then the actual car for sale:)

Anyway to answer your question. NO, their is no template ready to be licensed just yet however in the near future their will be. Who knows maybe I start my own for sale car site:)

Its always rewarding to see a market for something and get a good reaction to it. Thanks for all your compliments on the car and web page it lives on.

I apologize to everyone who has PMed me I will respond to all your questions now. Thanks

11. ersatzS2

ersatzS2 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 24, 2009
    Norfolk VA
    +N on the well done site. It's a lovely car. Anyone looking for evidence of the vicissitudes of collector car valuations need look no further than the Ferrari 2+2s vs. their Aston Martin contemporaries. How is this not worth double a DB4 or 5 instead of half?

12. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    It's a stupid reason, but probably only because James Bond didn't drive one..

13. B.R.

B.R. Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2006
    Full Name:
    B.R.
    Thank you everyone for all your kind words and thank you everyone who had expressed interest and thank you to everyone who tried to help me out with the sale by vouching that my car was a solid car. The car has been sold and it only took 6 days since I launched my site. The internet is a funny place. Best of luck to the new owner she will always have a special place in my heart.

All my best,
    BR

14. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    congratulations, B.R.

You have definitely raised the bar for advertising these special cars.