Top Coach Trimmers In Southern California | FerrariChat

Top Coach Trimmers In Southern California

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Rossocorsa1, May 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I'd appreciate some recommendations of top coach trimmers in Southern California who are very experienced in high-end leather work on top Italian marques. Thank you.

ShineKen likes this.
  2. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    #2 TTR, May 18, 2021
    Last edited: May 18, 2021
    Good question.

While this topic has been discussed numerous times before and my expectations* might be different than those of others here, I’ve researched, scouted or tried many of the previously recommended outfits over the years/decades and have yet to find one that I’d recommend, especially without knowing exactly what the extent and expectations of the job includes.

* OEM quality, not only in appearance, but feel, materials and methods (including hidden, which often contribute significantly to the in-use “feel”) , etc. originally in 50+ year old vintage cars, including Ferrari.
    And keep in mind that with exception of some materials and few tasks, older/vintage Italian car, including exotics, interiors are among the simplest to replicate and yet ...

ShineKen likes this.
  3. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Thank you. I'm mostly refrencing with superb craftsmanship.

ShineKen likes this.
  4. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    #4 TTR, May 18, 2021
    Last edited: May 18, 2021
    Well, with all due respect, while there might be what appears as "superb craftsmanship" and "superb craftsmanship", one may not equate with another (i.e. someone might be considered "superb"(?) in recovering a dash in some late model Italian exotic or creating award winning custom interiors from scratch for hot rods, but they may fall short in authentically/correctly recovering a Daytona steering wheel, replacing a convertible top in a '50s American luxury car or ...

OTOH, most people don't seem to be able to tell the difference anyway, so ...

Anyway, if you find one, please consider sharing your experience (including details) for future reference.

Good luck.

5. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I’m looking for one as well. Fast Cars says they do upholstery too.