Top 5 ugliest Ferraris | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Top 5 ugliest Ferraris

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by m5shiv, Dec 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    456: Any thread that includes statements that the 456 is ugly, instantly can't be taken seriously!

612: In a similar vein, the 612 being ugly? - Some people have a strange idea of what ugly really is!

308 The 308 GT4 isn't really ugly, but it's also not really a Ferrari (or a Dino for the pedantic), it's a general Bertone design that is the Sister to Lamborghini's Urraco (It's even rumoured that the GT4 design was offered first to Lamborghini - And was rejected by them), which Bertone managed to sell to Ferrari.

348: Taking the mechanical changes out of the equation, the basic body design of the much put down 348, and the much hyped 355, are the same. With the exception of the kick up tail spoiler on the rear edge of the rear wings and the engine cover - It's all but exactly the same (the nose section and door intakes are pretty much interchangeable, and with a bit of modification, it's even possible to fit 355 tail lights and rear panel to a 348)

348: "How could the 348 replace the 328" Someone asked. What they're failing to remember (or realise if they're too young), is that by 1988, the 328 was facing criticism for starting to look dated. It was a mid 70's design that was heading into the 90's, and the World of car design had moved on (well, apart from Porsche, who went back to their 70's design, and basically have stayed there forever more!). The 328 could hold it's own against the latest '88 Lotus Esprit, but the Honda NSX made the 328 look seriously old fashioned and outdated.

Jeremy Clarkson: Back in the early 90's, when Jeremy Clarkson was first on Top Gear, was skinny, and had more hair on his head than Dolly Parton, Clarkson had use of a 348 TB for a week, to see if you could use one as an every day car. He essentially decided you could, and was quite complimentary about the 348, including how it looks (the video is available on Youtube)

There's another Clarkson clip where he drives a 348 Spider in Italy, where again, he compliments the cars looks (along with it's engine sound), and ends by declaring that if he owned a 348 spider, he'd: "Lick it clean.......Every night!"

The fact is though, Clarkson simply says one thing one day, and then years later simply changes his mind and says the exact opposite!

The biggest problem for the 348's design? - It was really a mid 80's design, that came out just as the mid 80's look was going out of fashion. Had the 348 come out @ '84/'85, when Testarossa's and Miami Vice ruled the World, then it would be seen in a much better light (design-wise at least). As it was, the 348 was a little late to the party. For many of us who lived through the 80's, and loved the whole "Miami Vice" style, the 348 was a mini-Testarossa, which gave the car a degree of coolness.

365 GT4 2+2/400/400i/412i: Again, struggling to see how these are "ugly" cars? They are svelte, elegant Gentleman's expresses. They're well proportioned, and seem to be getting better looking as they get older.

At the end of the day, one man's super model is another man's skinny bird! - As Dalton said: "Opinions vary!"

2. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    To each his own no doubt but to call the 456 ugly ! In any company it’s beautiful unlike most from Maranello, Except for the few
    Ferrari’s are functional not beautiful..

3. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    1. SF 90
    2. F 512 M
    3. 330 2+2
    4. Mondial
    5. 365 gtc/4

boxerman and Mor like this.
  4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I wasn't a fan of the Enzo when it came out. But, like the gal sitting next to you in a bar, the Enzo looks better after a few drinks.

375+ and paulchua like this.
  5. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Please don't just say "Lusso". Please say either 250GT Lusso or GTC4 Lusso or add the Lusso T.

And yes, I don't know anyone who would call a 250GT Lusso ugly. I just prefer correct identifications.

Sorry for the mini-rant. Happy New Year.

NYC Fred likes this.
  6. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Good point. 250 GT Lusso is a jewel.

Attached Files:

papou, Mor and colombo2cam like this.
  7. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    California? Noooo! I love mine! It smiles as if to say "drive me" every time I open the garage!

8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I love California too, great looking car.

GT1Forever likes this.
  9. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    The problem with a lot of the 'ugly Ferraris' is that they are built by the same company that built the most beautiful cars in the world. If they were built by another company they may not be viewed as bad. When comparing other cars to things of ultimate beauty like a 288 GTO, 308/328, 355 or a 458 etc. everything is else can end up in the ugly category pretty fast.

boxerman, tomc and paulchua like this.
  10. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    What are the cars of ultimate beauty after the Lowie Vermeersch 458 masterpiece ? I say only F12 TdF.

But, a question for me is this - in the post Pininfarina era, are Centro Stile and Manzoni delivering the goods ?

11. Admiral Goodwrench

Admiral Goodwrench Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2005
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Robert Phillips
    Same exact comment for the Mondial, clearly distinct from the 500 Mondial S2

Image Unavailable, Please Login Photo by Jeremy Heslup

tomc likes this.
  12. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Sticking to production models, not one offs or concepts.

1. F50. I think its hideous
    2. 812. Just awful.
    3. Enzo. I love it, and its cool looking, but still ugly.

Thats it really. I cant think of any other models I could call ugly.

13. Brian Roman

Brian Roman Rookie

Nov 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Brian Roman
    #1 is the Roma then 308 GT4.

14. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Enzo looks great in pics. Saw one in person. Stared for about 15 min. Tried to love it but I couldn't. Unique, but ugly. F40 on the other hand... in pics, in person. Absolute beauty. Waaay better than the Enzo. Some cars just have badass written all over it. Whoever put F40 on their top 5 ugliest Ferraris list needs eyes checked :).

anunakki likes this.
  15. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Well this thread started with an eye check issue !!

16. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Barring that Abbot bodied car I do not believe any Ferrari is truly ugly, they are all of a time and when you look at the era most were very forward thinking designs at the time. Even the SF90 which I dont really like might be viewed differently in years to come.

papou likes this.
  17. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    How about the Bertone Rainbow?

I have never been sure...

Matt

375+ likes this.
  18. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Ugliest series production cars:
    1) Testarossa(esp. 512M)
    2) Mondial 8
    3) California(modern, 1st series)
    4) 330 2+2 Series I
    5) 812TdF

19. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Wait, the VS 812 is not even out yet!
    That's two unreleased F-cars on the Ugly list! :D
    T

375+ likes this.
  20. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Sorry I meant F12TdF. Frankly I stopped paying attention sometime after the BB series.

tomc, colombo2cam and G. Pepper like this.
  21. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I loved the F12 when it came out, but became disgusted with it by the time the 812 came out. Here's what went wrong for me.

This is the unflattering angle that I used for the 812 above. Notice that the swoosh joins up to the seam between the rear fender and the bumper facade, and the rear end actually looks cool.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Then the TDF came out, and things got busier and less clean. Not dog poo bad, but not as nice, IMO.
    Finally this was thrust upon us, and it makes my stomach churn.
    I think the 812 is literally butt ugly. :)

22. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus

I prefer the look of the F12 from that angle. Nice color combo as well.

375+ and G. Pepper like this.
  23. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    I just can't say anything bad about the F12 TdF when I examine it closely in the flesh.

plastique999 likes this.
  24. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    bradyward, Boomhauer and colombo2cam like this.
  25. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Interesting I think the 812 looks fine in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk