Too much Alcantara? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Too much Alcantara?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by jamie140, Jul 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    For some reason the LE/Special cars can get alcantara all over. I think the idea is that there are less driven but when I tried to emulate this effect my dealer strongly advised against it unless I wanted to have refurb work done.

That said, do you have alcantara carpet? That is amazing and protected by the mats and adds a big impact.

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    No. It’s a Pista so no floor mats. Regular carpet

3. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    Alcantara holds up better then leather in my opinion. Doesn't scratch or mark as easy. Surfaces touched often will flatten from hand grease but you can clean once in a while and it'll look like new each time

4. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    What about the roof headlining ???? So many cars miss this. Spend 10's 0f 10,000's on the interior but dont change that Crappy Standard Garbage that looks and feels like scotchbrite.

5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Also IMO you havent done much carbon interior . IMO its all or none. How about a full leather LED steering wheel or colour coded with the rest of the theme ?