Today's WSJ FF article | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Today's WSJ FF article

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by jm2, Apr 2, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nikkis34

nikkis34 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Feb 17, 2004
    SF
    Full Name:
    M. K. Nijjer
    #51 nikkis34, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
    No, I had help from the fans and the designers of the FF. Also, please tell me you guys can do better than great comeback, I don't think he can read, and do that all by yourself. Although, I must admit they are a step above Taz's.

Also, why do you want to know?

2. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Thanks! I like my avatar too. :p

'I said don't mind, but what do you mean the FF is ugly?'

You see what I did there? :D

3. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Jawohl.

Kai

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That's the funny part: it seems that way, doesn't it?

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    :)

Dufte!

6. SouthernThunder

SouthernThunder Karting

May 23, 2009
    Dallas
    Oh man someone please put this guy out of his misery! We all know that you do not like the FF, you do not have to express this on every FF thread, im tired of seeing your useless posts...run along now

7. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    This is not the case, I stated earlier Andreas that I respect your opinion. It's the likes of Nikkis and others that constantly comment in every thread about the FF with their same opinion and treat those that like the FF as if they are "of bad taste."

When have I stated that I won't allow anyone to dislike it?

8. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Crud, now we have a troll who is barely literate, but considers himself a wordsmith and great debater. Is FChat a great place, or what?

Taz
    Terry Phillips

9. nikkis34

nikkis34 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Feb 17, 2004
    SF
    Full Name:
    M. K. Nijjer
    I am glad everyone has calmed down and the Midol shortage is over. Well almost everyone, except for the gentleman from Texas, but he is from Texas. Now the talent and good looking new Ferrari shortage is a bit more complicated, and it may not be rectified as easily as the Midol shortage.

10. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Sheeeeeeez.............after all this.... i'm kinda sorry i posted the article in the first place :0
    Passion is great,but it's just a fricken car.

11. Cariad

Cariad Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2006
    Any F1 Circuit
    For us ordinary mortals, can you please tell us what the heck your talking about.

12. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    He dosent know.

13. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I quite enjoyed the article. The pillow talk afterwards left a little to be desired.

14. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    :) I just love Mr. Neal's writing style. Shows why he won a Pulitzer Prize for writing about cars of all things.

15. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    A quote from the autoblog review.
    "We are not ignorant of the fact that some of those who can afford an FF – together with legions of the less wealthy who aspire to simpler pleasures like a BMW xDrive model or some such thing – have been exuberantly vocal (usually in writing, huddled away in their computer lairs) about what an atrocity the FF is to the Ferrari brand and heritage. We have only one thing to say before we say more things: stick it in your ear."
    "Those out there who are so caught out by the non-traditional nature of this amazing Ferrari GT variation are only going to cheat themselves. Maranello has absolutely done it to a tee with the FF. In a sense, the FF is one of those beautiful moments where a company has answered a question that nobody was asking, only for us to drive it and smack our foreheads for not having thought of something like it sooner. It takes all of the racing lore Ferrari puts into each car it builds and adds every single bit of correct versatility that we'd add were we in charge."

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/12/2012-ferrari-ff-first-drive-review-road-test

16. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    :) Really cool sentiments expressed

17. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    agreed !!! now that's a well-thought, and well-written, article :)

18. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    How nice! Their opinion? I frankly don't care one whit. The car is ugly. Period.

And, if I don't agree with their opinion, I can pound sand? Typical.

If people like and buy it, that's great. Enjoy it. However, I think it's hideous. That's just my opinion, of course, and it doesn't count for anything. Neither does theirs, though.

The motoring press...sheesh

CW

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #69 tifosi12, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
    Spin doctor's hogwash :)

It is funny that they are trying to rationalize what is ultimately subjective.

The car is ugly in my eyes no matter what anybody says or writes. Just as eg the 458 is gorgeous to me no matter what some think.

20. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    honestly, i learned something about Ferrari long ago ... you absolutely can't judge the shape, the profile, the whole presentation, in 2-D. I remember the first time I saw the Enzo in pictures ...

So the only thing i can offer, for what it's worth, is that you have to see the machine in person. I can definitively say there's a body line running through the door, from front fender to rear, that completely disappears in many photos i've seen. NO, that's not intended to be a definitive statement on style, it's merely but on example of what i'm referring to.

So may i humbly suggest that we without judgement on style, even if just a little, until the vehicle is seen in person ... and in the meantime, let's understand all we can about the very clever 4WD technology :)

21. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Agreed. This is sculpture. Functioning art. bdelp has been trying to make this point come across for a while now.

22. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Andreas- So we have an advising moderator down here telling future owners how ugly their car is? Not too good an example.

Taz
    Terry phillips

23. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    #73 werewolf, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
    I understand that we have to keep in mind that YES, the journalists writing about the car are biased ... by whatever might be motivating their perspectives. And surely style, beauty, elegance ... these are subjective concepts, each entitled to their own.

HOWEVER we also have to recognize the objective fact that all (or, most) of the journalists writing about the car have seen it in person ... something many of the detractors, i suspect, can't yet claim.

Guess what i'm saying is that there's no "equal footing" for comparison, yet (as subjective as those comparisons might indeed be).

24. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    So, if you don't have something nice to say about the FF, don't say anything at all? Oh, come on...

CW

25. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    CW- No, say it once and go away. Everybody has heard it multiple times and it gets really old. Same thing happened in the California forum. Saying you do not like a car is an opinion. Repeatedly, boringly saying the same thing is trolling.

Taz
    Terry Phillips