To those Mondial owners with 348 wheels... | FerrariChat

To those Mondial owners with 348 wheels...

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Rival, Dec 31, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rival

Rival Formula Junior

May 12, 2005
    Misipi
    Based on photos and numerous threads I read about changing the wheels on a Mondial to 348's (and liking the way they look MUCH more than the factory 16" wheels), I bought a set of 348 wheels and ordered a new set of tires. However, from talking with a couple of folks recently who have made this same "upgrade," I'm starting to get concerned about the change in the way it will drive.

I've been told that the steering effort will go way up and the tendency to "tramline" (follow imperfections in the road) will increase.

Basically, I want to hear from those of you who have made the change and your opinion on the change......do you like the driving experience overall? Can the tramlining, etc. be removed through a change in alignment? Are there any characteristics that make you wish you hadn't made the change?

I really want to change the look of the car through a wheel upgrade; however, I don't want to be stuck with a car that's irritating to drive. Furthermore, since, at this point, it's not too late for me to return the tires, I'm trying to get some advice from those who have made the change......Thanks.

2. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    I swapped mine out recently for stock 348 wheels and Pirelli tires. It drives great. The handling is much improved. I noticed just a little increased steering effort but not much. I think it is a worth while conversion.

3. Dino 208gt4

Dino 208gt4 F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    100% satisfied.
    Everything better then the TRX wheels. Much better drivbillity.

and ofcourse much better looks!! :)

4. Dino 208gt4

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    (see my profile picture;))

5. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Love your pic!

6. Dino 208gt4

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    Love the car! ;)

7. Rachane

Rachane Formula 3

Sep 5, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Rachane
    I bought my Mondial-t Coupe with 348 wheels already on it, so can't compare the handling. However the car drove beautifully, and I think that, particularly in the case of the -t, the 348 wheels suited its "engine generation" better.

8. NC Mondial

NC Mondial Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 6, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Paul Stahl
    I made the switch about a year ago. I have noticed no increase in steering effort or any other problems for that matter. I can highly recommend the switch.

Paul

PS: Be sure to get the lug bolts with the 348 wheels, you will need them as they are longer that the original.