tire pressure 240/45ZR415 Michelin TRX tires | FerrariChat

tire pressure 240/45ZR415 Michelin TRX tires

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by zman, May 25, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zman

zman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    Need to know tire pressure as manuals are all over the place in these tires
    240/45ZR415 Michelin TRX.
    Does anyone know exactly what they should be?

2. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    Did you see this?
    PSI for BB512i TRX tires? - FerrariChat.com

38psi f/r was recommended for a boxer which is a bit lighter but typically driven at higher speeds. You can fiddle with pressures based on how the tire rolls over in corners or temperature readings but I think that's overkill given how BAD trx tires perform.

3. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    I found a note written by amerispec that was tucked into my owners manual recommending 35psi cold for max load on trx tires.

4. Highmiler

Highmiler Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2010
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Greg
    The tire pressure sticker on my '84's windshield says 2.5 Kg/cm2.
    I think this translates to 35.6 PSI.
    Greg

5. dedo tanzi

dedo tanzi Karting

Dec 16, 2013
    Lugano - SUISSE
    Full Name:
    DEDO - Alfredo
    Da tempo la pressione sui miei TRX ... 2,5 atmosfere....PERFETTO !!!

6. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    That's quite an old thread.

For the record I've seen several tire pressure stickers on the windscreens with several pressure guidelines. On my 81/82 car (registered in France on January 15th) the sticker recommends 2.0kg for comfortable ride, 3.0kg for spirited driving. On later cars there is only an average 2.5kg guideline.

A word of caution though: my car is upgraded with TRX tires. Not sure whether the rims were swapped directly in the assembly line or later, but for sure this was professionally done as the user manual and the screen sticker were both upgraded in the process (I still have the original toolkit for regular rims though). So no definitive answer regarding when this windscreen sticker was applied on my windscreen, but you get the idea: 3 pressure guidelines 2.0kg, 3.0kg and 2.5kg.

As a general rule I try to selectively read the various owner manuals in order to tweak the car: the 365 OM for instance gives various coolant guidelines (including better suggestions for summer), the 412 OM provides more aggressive camshaft timing, etc...

dedo tanzi likes this.
  7. dedo tanzi

dedo tanzi Karting

Dec 16, 2013
    Lugano - SUISSE
    Full Name:
    DEDO - Alfredo
    Vecchio thread...ma come il buon vino, sempre interessante e attuale...

8. rovexienus

rovexienus Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2010
    Sainte Colombe, France (near Lyon)
    Full Name:
    Jean-Michel Savary
    Please note this dimension (240/45ZR415) is originally intended for the front wheels of a Testarossa. For a 400/412 the correct TRX dimension is 240/55 ZR 415. There was a period when the 240/55 was not available and as a consequence the 240/45 ended up being mounted on 400 or 412 making the clearance between the exhaust manifold and the ground very small.

9. dedo tanzi

dedo tanzi Karting

Dec 16, 2013
    Lugano - SUISSE
    Full Name:
    DEDO - Alfredo
    Certo, hai ragione .... grazie!
    Io infatti monto le "nuove" TRX con la gusta misura .....

10. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    I though these TRX GT were originally for the BMW 6 series? A bit more modern, with a specific groove compatible with regular TRX rims (not sure whether fitting regular trx on the BMW was possible due to this groove).

As a side note, TRX tires are now being offered at a slightly more affordable price, here in France: 350€~380€ incl. shipping compared to 405€ last year. French sellers do not ship overseas, but let's hope other sellers will also be in a position to make these more affordable.

dedo tanzi likes this.
  11. dedo tanzi

dedo tanzi Karting

Dec 16, 2013
    Lugano - SUISSE
    Full Name:
    DEDO - Alfredo
    ..acquistati in GB, LONGSTONE......

E per fortuna non ho una 6 ruote !!!:mad::mad::mad: