Times Square Shootout | FerrariChat

Times Square Shootout

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ghost, May 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I've bantied about this idea for some time now with members of FerrariChat, and I think it's time we formally threw this out:

At some point over the course of this summer, we'd like to hold a Times Square photo event. The idea would be to coordinate with the relevant authorities to see if they can cordon off part of Times Square for a Ferrari photoshoot.

We'd probably go real early (around daybreak) on a given Sunday, as this will both minimize traffic, as well as provide for some breathtaking photos. It's still early days, and nothing has been formally planned, but I want to start thinking about this, and therefore throw it out to the rest of the group. Because we are still in the planning stage, please feel free to throw out any and all suggestions.

Imagine this: Early morning sunshine, a sea of Ferrari's, the gorgeous Times Square in the background.

Who's in?

2. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    ME! ME! ME! (Obviously)

3. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    me me me too

4. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    I am GAME.

But, I should also mention that with the right lighting (i.e. spotlights or a good flash), a night shot would be pretty breathtaking too...

5. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I am in.
    Sam

6. Rasputin

Rasputin Karting

Nov 25, 2003
    Miami - NY
    I'm in if I'll be in town

7. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    I'll be there with a camera!

8. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    Ferraris in Times Square! of course im in :)

9. technik1

technik1 Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Gus Technik
    I agree. A daylight shot, but you MUST have a night shot with the Ferrari parking lamps on, and the glitter of Times Square at night. Spectacular!!

10. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    A night shot will be great and i think it should be done late one weeknight,

11. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    If we do a 2:00am "invasion" on a week-day night over the summer, we can do this fairly easily...

12. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    The Players Run kicks off on June 5th at Times Square. You may want to consider having it then. It will be a sea of exotics.

13. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    I wouldn't miss it!

14. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I agree with this, which is why I was thinking congregating at the break of dawn, or a little earlier. This way, we photograph the cars in three stages: (i) at night, with the lights on, (ii) at dawn-break, and (iii) in the morning, with full sunshine effect. I think each of these sequences will be spectacular!

Regards.

15. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Not sure. Let me think about this. I'd like to make this a Ferrari shoot. Plus, I think the whole Player's Run contingent of 40-odd cars (or however big they are) might start to make this a little unmanageable.

Would you happen to know what their plans are? Are they just driving through Times Square? Planning on stopping there?

16. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Damn!! What a great idea!! I hope the date works with my business schedule - my US office is on Times Square and I get there quite regularly.

I'll be watching this thread! :D

Cheers, MARK

17. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    also......fyi..........this year is Times Square's 100th Birthday. great idea, hope you do it.

18. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    I'm not sure. I know that the 75 cars participating in the Players Run will start at the USS Intrepid, which I believe is near Times Square. It may be possible that you could see the start of the Players Run, then do your shoot in Times Square. Sorry I don't have more details for you.

19. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    They take off at 8AM-- which is real early-- would you guys want to meet at 5am and then head over there by 6:30?

20. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I suppose I'm in with my 512TR if it doesnt conflict with my track dates

21. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Why doesnt somebody talk to David Letterman or the Today show or FNA or somebody to help set this up & more importantly help with traffic & parking to make thinsg flow better

22. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    I think I know someone who could convince CBS, Letterman and FNA -- but what's the angle? Filling the roads around the Ed Sullivan theatre with Ferraris would be pointless. Maybe letting Rupert G. and Biff Henderson "drag" down Broadway would be funny... Other ideas?

23. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    WHart has an office near there. I can talk to people who know people if you think we should make a media spectacle out of this

24. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Who needs an angle? Ferraris are so cool they dont need angles:)

25. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I'm with you there. :)