Time up for Binotto? | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Time up for Binotto?

Discussion in 'F1' started by garrobitto, Jul 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Whoever would replace Binotto now would also inherit the engine restrictions and draw criticism for the lack of success.
    Better keep Binotto as the sacrficial lamb until the freeze is over, then ditch him.

2. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    They seem so lost.
    I'm not even sure they have a plan like that..

TonyL likes this.
  3. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    The chassis is as worse as the engine is, as Kimi has shown us last weekend. Why do people here believe Ferrari will be able to build a better chassis for 2022?

william and jpalmito like this.
  4. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    The work for the 2022 car will start soon. If you want to ditch him, it has to be now.

jpalmito and tifosi12 like this.
  5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I don't think they throw him out, they will reorganize the team and he will become "Director of the sports cars development program" while somebody else will take his seat. Just wait.

6. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    If rumours are correct that Rory Byrne will be heading the chassis development for the 2022 car then there is some glimmer of light on the horizon. Given his past credentials & reputation then i strongly believe he is the type of guy that commands respect amongst the hierarchy at Ferrari and will get the job done.

Unfortunately they threw the baby out with the bath water so its going to take some time to find it :)

Best

tony

tifosi12 likes this.
  7. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

For Christ's sake, what are they thinking?
    Rory Byrne may have been terrific in the past, but now he is 76 years old !!!

500tr, jpalmito and fil like this.
  8. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    What makes you think he still isnt? He doesnt have to build the car, at the very least if was just there to shaddow over the technical department and make sure things are done in a structured way. I know quite a few very capable 76 year old people. Wise head guiding young shoulders surely cannot be a bad thing i.m.o.
    The aero debacle i am sure wouldnt of happened under his watch.
    Best
    Tony

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Oops, didn't realize he is that old already.

10. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Engineering is one sector of activity where you age very quickly, because the more you move in time from your education years (university, technical college, etc...), the more you are out of touch with the latest developments in technology.
    Companies often move their technical staff (engineers, designers, draughtsmen, technicians) after 20 or 25 years in their role to less demanding positions like planning, junior management, workshop supervision, sometimes quality control, or other administrative jobs.
    It's seen sometime as a promotion, but in fact it's to make room for the new generation fresh from college which has recently been taught new technologies unknown 2 decades earlier.
    This, I have seen in the aero industry, in shipyards, and in machine tool companies, etc ...

I wish them good luck, but to me the solution out of a rut is never to look back, but ahead.

11. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I don´t think that age is so important, specially in a a managerial role, but Byrne has been out of the business for some time.

He probably will be some sort of consultant, but I doubt he´ll do the heavy work himself.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  12. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    #212 TonyL, Sep 1, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    All very true but what young talent lacks is experience and you dont lose that through age. Byrne has that in bucket loads and I am sure he will pass on the knowledge and use it to good effect. Possibly the reason why SF is in the mess it is, because its relied too heavily on new technology and young engineers where experience would tell them something is wrong and question it rather than believe what the computer says.

Newey is a perfect example of still doing drawings by hand, he has the intelligence to do CAD work i am sure of it but he likes to draw by hand and then pass it over to the younger bucks for CAD. He gets a feel for it and as a engineer draughtsman i can relate to that :)

Nothing wrong with new technology, its how you apply it that counts!

Tony

PS Ross Brawn is 66 and i bet there isnt one team that wouldnt snap him up in a millisecond

Bas, 375+ and 635CSI like this.
  13. garrobitto

garrobitto Karting

Jul 12, 2020
    Alameda
    Full Name:
    Garrobito Alado
  14. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Claire Williams is free..................tongue in cheek but really no worse than bozo....

15. garrobitto

garrobitto Karting

Jul 12, 2020
    Alameda
    Full Name:
    Garrobito Alado
    I'm sure she have the... humm.. eggs to handle Ferrari with iron hand.
    Could be a tremendous change for Ferrari but from a publicity standpoint... a smart one...

16. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    No not Claire guys. No way.

stavura, Igor Ound and furoni like this.
  17. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    They could have kept Arrivebene.

18. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    The word I would use in not "free" but "high maintenance".

19. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    They could have kept LDM, too.

20. garrobitto

garrobitto Karting

Jul 12, 2020
    Alameda
    Full Name:
    Garrobito Alado
    Hey! Did you never own a Ferrari? Give at the expression new horizon...
    And after this horrible year, bring Claire to Ferrari could be very cheap if you compare....

21. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    LDM is the reason of the Scuderia's slide and downfall to its current predicament.

22. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    why the heck they keep going back to Rory?? bloody move forward, and poach some dudes from Mercedes, and Red Bull, and get tshit moving! and ditch that damn harry potter dude, and send him a broom as a parting gift.

23. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    I woke up excitedly this morning and came straight to this thread. But Binman is still running the team. It is a sad day.

Bas likes this.
  24. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It's apparently Ferrari's ''give hope'' strategy...Every few years or so they dangle the ''next car will be designed by Rory'' in front of everyone.
    Haha :D

Igor Ound likes this.
  25. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    We need someone to hit the brakes and stop the slide, not keep the cart going. CW isnt that person....unfortunately.

sammysaber and slm like this.