Time up for Binotto? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Time up for Binotto?

Discussion in 'F1' started by garrobitto, Jul 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Sólo leo la parte de motor cuando me lo encuentro en un bar, por pasar el rato. El resto sólo me vale para envolver el bocadillo. ;)

P.S: pensaba que el periódico del Real Madrid era el As.

2. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 agree

classic308 likes this.
  3. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    It’s always easy to blame the rules. Sadly, that’s a cop out. Ferrari has almost limitless resources has yet still manages to fail spectacularly. The root cause is simple. Bad culture and poor personnel.

4. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Todt has virtually frozen car development.

It's a Mercedes slam-dunk for the next few years.

stavura, classic308 and 375+ like this.
  5. Barbedwyre

Barbedwyre Karting

Jan 21, 2018
    I think its bad culture more than bad personnel. Talent wise they are just as capable. It’s the management and application of that talent that lets Ferrari down. As mentioned, blaming the rules is a cop out. In 2018 they(vettel) were leading the championship for half the year. Mercedes is simply a better team because it is managed better. One got better while the other regressed under the same rules.

william and ferrariformulauno like this.
  6. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    Hombre, también me sirve tomar bocadillo y cerveza con los periódicos del bar. Pero claro que no eres madrileño. As es el periódico de Athletico. Marca = cien por cien madridista! Y mañana, cuando cierra la Liga con el 34eme titulo en los manos de Real Madrid (esperamos), los dos periódicos = cien por cien madridista!!!!!!!!

DeSoto likes this.
  7. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
  8. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yep, let's not forget that 2017 and 2018 were 2 lost opportunities when Ferrari had a winning car.
    Mercedes caught up during the season.

9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    That picture dates from Lauda's time, I think.

Ross Brawne once said that he had to bring some discipline in the team.
    He banned meals being taken in the workshop, which didn't make him popular.
    The Scuderia mechanics considered eating around the cars a privilege that other Ferrari employees didn't have.

garrobitto and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  10. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    John Barnard in his day also implemented rules which were considered uncivilized at Ferrari but at least he did not impose fish and chips;-)

11. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    You mean mandated using malt vinegar instead of lemon? Ouch!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds likes this.
  12. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    LOL he would have been run out of town presto:)

of2worlds likes this.
  13. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    My Grandfather had a house in Rimini before the War. When they were kids, my dad and my uncle would (fare cazzate) go out and screw around always order sole to eat. My dad because he liked the crispy skin and my uncle for the lemon....

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Lol.. :D

Keyword .. IF..

15. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    How true was this? Arri's departure was more of a power struggle compared to complaints from colleagues.

16. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Yes Binotto won because Arrivabene's whole approach created stress fear and negativity, there were plenty of reports on this from veteran journalists such as when a major respected Italian veteran (Piola maybe I can't recall) asked him a question he did not like he stood inches from his face basically like a school bully venting anger and intidiation instead of being a constructive courteous professional. Ultimately Camilleri and Elkann saw they had to choose and they let him go, the mistake was not to replace him so Binotto could concentrate on what he does best.

The irony is his name translate to arrives well and I was waiting to nickname him leaves badly: parte male.

Now I am far from saying Binotti is perfect what is happening is on his watch and it had better improve, however I do believe the team would not be better off with M. A.

17. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Fish and Chips, like a Formula one team , can be either
    **** or awesome.

It’s about the quality of the ingredients and how they are put together.

18. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Its definitely a leadership issue, what can you expect out of a driver that knows at the start of the season that he will not longer be in the seat the following year. Makes no sense, you would never do that if you were a manager of a business team. The team camaraderie will certainly suffer. They are in shambles at the moment.

Boomhauer, william and Nembo1777 like this.
  19. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Brawn was a fright to work for, too.

We haven't heard anything bad about Wolff because no one slags the winner. I bet you a dollar he's not a pile of daisies to work for.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  20. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1

21. garrobitto

garrobitto Karting

Jul 12, 2020
    Alameda
    Full Name:
    Garrobito Alado
    Did you hear about Dennis Conner? I use to work with him. The worst boss I has in my life! He squeezes every single part of my life and uses it. But I love the guy, That's was no just a boss, was a guy with a vision. Yes, he was a nightmare but that's exactly what Ferrari needs today... not tomorrow, today...

kes7u and Nembo1777 like this.
  22. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I thought about this a bit and decided that I am completely content with kicking whoever’s in charge of this motor in the balls. They can stick around under Binotto’s supervision while the new guy is the principal though.

23. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #98 Nembo1777, Jul 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    Sorry having lived in the UK (Silverstone when I was racing Formula Ford, Formula Renault 86-89 with tons of fine meals in London west end and elsewhere) and Italy (Modena 2006) I will take Italian food anyday, to each his own, respectfully. There was a great little Italian in Mayfair though:)

Anyway let's hope team red has a better weekend, let's see how the car does on this handling circuit, practically a kart track.

of2worlds likes this.
  24. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    That's how the Legend has been going for thirty-five years, but, according to him in a very recent interview, it was not him who did it; he was used to that purpose by the machiavelian Piccinini:

Barnard ended up with a Guildford office, but still managed to ruffle feathers in Maranello when he ended the team’s long lunches.
    It was actually Marco [Piccinini] that came to me and said: ‘What would you do at McLaren? What would you do at lunch time?'” says Barnard. “I said because there’s always stuff to do on the car the guys would have a sandwich, spend 10 minutes somewhere and then get on with stuff.
    [At Ferrari] they used to have sit down lunches with table cloths and wine on the table, very civilised but nothing to do with Formula 1. He said: ‘yes I thought so. Do you think we should change?’ I said: ‘I think we should Marco, it’s really not a good way to go about Formula 1’.
    “‘Leave it to me’ he said; next thing I know, that was all banned and it was my fault!

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/single-seaters/f1/enzos-way-was-seeing-who-came-out-of-the-knife-fight-best#

Rgds

william and Nembo1777 like this.
  25. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Piccinini was like a plotting Vatican Cardinal, very political, so not surprising, thanks for that.
    By the way pity we did not meet during Retromobile.