Time to commit to Tuscany 2007 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Time to commit to Tuscany 2007

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Dutchman, Nov 28, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Hey Przemek,

I will also be stopping to take a lot of photos and my wife and I would also like to experience the place from outside the cockpit. So I will leave the blasting to the big boys and catch up on my thrills on my planned weekend motorcycle trip to Berlin and back at the end of July :D

Cheers MARK

2. cinquevalvole

cinquevalvole Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Germany, Bayern
    Wow, Kevan, that's a very beautiful Lambo roadster! Certainly a keeper.
    I'd love to see it in tuscany. ;) Why not for a last stint?

cinque

3. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Today I received a message from the FCB that I can apply for a pass to park my car on the Fiorano circuit during our weekend in Maranello. Maybe you can ask your dealer or own club for the same thing?
    I don't think that there are any extra costs involved (which is rare on a Ferrari event) :)

Ton

4. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Hmmm! I will be challenged on both fronts. Let me see if there's anything on the Owners Site...

5. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul

Lago Maggiore? Che bello!

My wife's family has a small place in Marina di Massa; My mother's from Montecatini and my father's from a small town near Piacenza....Vado in Italia ogni momento che e possibile...

Forza Ferrari e gli Azzurri!!!

6. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    yup, thats the one!!!!!

7. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    On monday I will officially "beg" with whatever Ferrari officials I meet at the Maserati dinner (hopefully PR directors with enough clout in the company) to get the "Fchat owners' group" into Fiorano on sunday 24th of June. I can't promise anything (especially since Maserati split from Ferrari) but I'll do my best to get us all in.

I really hope we all get in: it would be sad if Ton and a few others got in thanks to their "Club" connections, while us poor peasants were left outside the gates to look at the beautiful people inside... :D :D :D

8. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Instead of getting bitter why not just join your local owners club on Monday and ask to be included on their list ?

You might even find you enjoy the experience....

9. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    The Swiss owners club is extremely exclusive - sure I could join, but my name would be way down the list for entry at Fiorano on June 24. Maybe if I ordered a 599GTB I'd stand a chance... :) Besides, the reason I never joined is that they don't do what I expect from a car club - that is, to organize pure, unadulterated fun driving events for real petrolheads. And that's not what the F-Club is really about, is it?

10. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    The Belgian club organizes trackdays and fast driving day-outs! :)
    I am not sure what ranking I have with my club and honestly I don't care that much about it. If I don't try I will 100% NOT have a ticket. Now at least I have a "small" chance! Let's see what happens.

:D

11. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    I am a 13-year member of the Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club and a 20-year member of the Alfa Romeo Club. That should give me a 0.0000000001% chance! ;)

MARK

12. flyingboa

flyingboa Formula 3

Nov 27, 2003
    Italy/India
    Full Name:
    Eugenio
    bump
    2 and a half months to go...
    Ciao
    Eugenio

13. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins

:)

14. henkie

henkie La Passione...
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 13, 2005
    Deil,The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    henkie
    Hello...
    When I am correct there is a streaming vid from an hour or so from your trip of last year. As we also go to Italy (1-4/6) with 5 cars I was wondering if it is possible to get a dvd-copy of that video to come in the right mood... ;)

Thanks in advance... and apologies if I am mistaking..

15. flyingboa

flyingboa Formula 3

Nov 27, 2003
    Italy/India
    Full Name:
    Eugenio
    bump.
    65 days to go :D
    Ciao
    Eugenio

16. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    wow, can't wait, didn't really realise it was so soon, better start getting ready :)

17. flyingboa

flyingboa Formula 3

Nov 27, 2003
    Italy/India
    Full Name:
    Eugenio
    Dear all,

just two lines to understand if we agree with what is being elaborated...
    I have posted two proposed itineraries (here is the first, now slightly modified)
    http://maps.google.it/maps?f=d&hl=it&saddr=53037+San+Gimignano&daddr=vescona+to:asciano+to:chiusure+to:san+giovanni+d%27asso+to:Torrenieri,+Montalcino+Siena,+Toscana,+Italia+to:radicofani+to:piancastagnaio+to:tre+case+to:saragiolo+to:santa+fiora+to:arcidosso+to:cinigiano+to:roccastrada+to:monticiano+to:colle+di+val+d%27elsa+to:san+gimignano&layer=&sll=43.19992,11.58474&sspn=0.143155,0.234146&ie=UTF8&z=12&ll=42.969738,11.768761&spn=0.143694,0.234146&om=1
    and the second is just few posts back.
    Apart from a couple of suggestions from Ton and Andrea, both more than welcome, everyone else seems ok with this.
    Is this the case or you are just getting shy :D ?
    The all idea behind the tours I have sketched is:
    - Between 5 and 6 hours Sunday driving (is the correct idea, thanks Kevan...);
    - Secondary, quite twisty but likely empty roads;
    - Great scenario;
    - No speed traps (hopefully)
    - Good restaurant for lunch (thanks Andrea for the Radicofani suggestion).

Please, additional ideas are more than welcome.
    Ton and I were planning to prepare some sort of road book, so it is necessary to have your opinions in due time.

Just let me know.
    Ciao
    Eugenio

18. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    Don't quote me on the lack of speed traps... this year Italian police are out IN FORCE. New technologies have been introduced to catch speeders everywhere. We must stay away from main roads. For example, on the Siena-Firenze motorway (on which we blasted last year without a care) there are now at least 5 mobile speed traps active at any time, I saw it on a reputable Italian car magazine.

The only safe havens are the really, really secondary, twisty little roads favoured by Patrick and myself, and by Eugenio too!

Alcohol is also a problem: with the new limits anything beyond one (small) glass of wine is already illegal. And committing an accident with even a little more over the limit is a criminal offence, punished with jail and a 7000 Euro fine. I'm not joking! Beware, beer drinkers :) ...

19. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Just a quick note from Miss Daisy to say I am very happy with what is being proposed :):)

20. flyingboa

flyingboa Formula 3

Nov 27, 2003
    Italy/India
    Full Name:
    Eugenio
    You are most welcome, see you in a couple of months time :) .
    Ciao
    Eugenio

21. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Everybody likes those secondary twisty roads. But not everybody likes to drive as fast as you do.

22. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    This year I am going to enjoy the drive there and probably spend more time around the pool.
    My tan is looking bad ;)

23. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    The sun will not help you with that problem! :) Quit smoking!!!

See you at the pool!

24. flyingboa

flyingboa Formula 3

Nov 27, 2003
    Italy/India
    Full Name:
    Eugenio
    As he will likely not be sleeping a lot, it will be hard to look fit anyway... :D
    Ciao
    Eugenio