Timate Exhaust | FerrariChat

Timate Exhaust

Discussion in '360/430' started by cookdesk, Jul 4, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cookdesk

cookdesk Karting

Oct 17, 2006
    Sydney
    Hi All

I recall a few of you were looking into the Timate system a while back. What happened ? Did anyone fit the system ? Impressions ?

Thanks

2. hotcello

hotcello Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Ken
  3. Derek Trotter

Derek Trotter Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2007
    Cambridge, UK
    Nice vids Ken.
    How does it compare to the Capristo3 on over-run? I was moving slowly through traffic a few days back, and the over-run in first gear was amazing. At one point, I thought that someone had fired a gun!

4. hotcello

hotcello Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Ken
    the timate is louder and more raw sounding than the capristo 3, what makes mine so loud is the 180 cell cats. the best part of the timate is the weight. at 14 lbs you can pick the whole thing up with 1 finger

5. Bluehinder

Bluehinder Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2005
    Colorado
    I assume it's titanium at 14 pounds?

6. hotcello

hotcello Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Ken
  7. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    Ken... your car sounds absolutely insane, but in a really good way!

Nice job with the exhaust system. The videos are great.

Thanks,
    Frank

8. sprite

sprite Karting

Jun 26, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    They really need to start making this for the 430.

9. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Nice howl. I'd love to hear those in person.

10. ONEOFEW

ONEOFEW Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2006
    LA
    Full Name:
    Steve

I have Capristio Twin sound on mine with stock cats, on part throttle it’s not nearly as loud, but on WOT it is just as sweet.

11. cookdesk

cookdesk Karting

Oct 17, 2006
    Sydney
    Great videos - thanks.. sounds great but I wonder if it would too loud for the mrs !? Maybe with standard cats..

12. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Sweet music to my ears!

13. ehagen

ehagen Karting

Mar 20, 2008
    Orlando
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #14 ehagen, Jul 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just got a shipment in last week of a few sets of the Timate exhaust system. I didn't like the blue tips, so I requested Janet from Timate to just leave them silver. I plan to ebay them once I do some before/after videos, but let me know if any of you guys want a set. They're around $2k if you're curious.

The pictures are :
    1) Silencer Muffler + Blue Tips
    2) Custom Silver Tips
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. ehagen

ehagen Karting

Mar 20, 2008
    Orlando
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #15 ehagen, Jul 26, 2008
    Kenneth, those videos were done really nicely. Is your car US or Euro spec? Looks to be US from the back bumper cover. Did you change out the pre-cats as well? I'm not sure how the US version is set up.

It was on a dyno in a couple of the videos. Could you see any gains from the cat+exhaust system?

One more question, haha. Do your exhaust tips look have the same colors as the picture posted below? I've read when they heat up, they turn a different color. Are any of the pictures you have taken above of the hot exhaust?

On a cold day, where you can see the exhaust, do you notice more flow coming out of the inner or outer tubes? I'm curious because of the way the piping is set up.

Thanks,
    Erik

15. hotcello

hotcello Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Ken
    #16 hotcello, Jul 26, 2008
    Erik
    The Dyno on my car was at 335 with just the 180 cell cats and the timate. The ECU was tuned on the dyno to make it to 351. There are no before numbers to compare. The color of the tips are always blue and does not change in color, the exhaust it self turns light blue when heated. The only problem I had with it and have expressed to Janet and Jhi was where the plate with the Timate logo that connects the tips cracked about 2 hours after driving. I guess the heat and vibration of the exhaust was too much to hold by a thin piece of titainium. I just bent them upwards and the loud rattle noise is gone.
    The most impressive of these exhaust is the weight, If the Stradale had one of these it could have saved more weight off the car.

16. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    awesome hardware! sounds really great too!

17. ehagen

ehagen Karting

Mar 20, 2008
    Orlando
    Full Name:
    Erik
  18. masslaw

masslaw Karting

Sep 4, 2007
    MA
    Full Name:
    Mike C.
    Kenneth,

Any drone? If so, what rpm range?

Great sound BTW!

19. hotcello

hotcello Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Ken

Not really, it is just loud.

20. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    Very nice, thanks for sharing! :)

21. ehagen

ehagen Karting

Mar 20, 2008
    Orlando
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Holy ****. I just got my timate exhaust put on today. This is the best money I've ever spent, if only for the sound upgrade!!!! I'll try to find a stock 360 modena and we can drive by one at a time, in a video. That way you guys can hear the difference.

I have a few sets left. Price is $2200 each plus shipping. Shipping should be around $35.

Seriously though, Best feeling I've had about my car in a while. I can't wait to drive it into work next week.

Ken, with your cats upgraded, do you get blue flames out the back of your car like the f430?

22. hotcello

hotcello Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Congrats Erick, now you know what I am talking about.
    I don't know if my had flames coming out since I never drive behind my car before but I will ask my friends to see it next time.
    what causes the flame?

23. ehagen

ehagen Karting

Mar 20, 2008
    Orlando
    Full Name:
    Erik
    http://www.caffeteria.cz/index.php?categoryid=11&p2_articleid=36

Ken, please take a second to look at the above video. It's kind of slow to load, but it's worth a look. The videos is of a 360 cs and it has blue flames shooting out the back at the highest revs. I'm wondering if your car can do this too now. Maybe on the down shifts?

That's what I heard, but it might just be rumor, you know? I'll check my car too next week. Maybe I don't even need higher flow cats for it.

24. hotcello

hotcello Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Yes, I saw this clip before but this is of a Novitec tuned car and is running very lean. I saw a clip on you tube about a challenge car on a dyno and it did the same. I think you need to remove the cats to get that, I will try on my car since I am only running 180 cell cats.
    you should definately think about getting high flow cats on with that exhaust, you think its good now wait till you put the cats on.