Thrustmaster T500RS Unboxing & First Look | FerrariChat

Thrustmaster T500RS Unboxing & First Look

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Chris-CXC Simulations, Jan 3, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chris-CXC Simulations

Chris-CXC Simulations Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris Considine
    My buddies over at InsideSimRacing did a first look at the new Thrustmaster T500RS for GT5.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsV3bJnqH3Q[/ame]

2. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I've been keeping an eye on this wheel for a little while now. Can't wait for your review coming in a month or so.

3. Stefan_009

Stefan_009 Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2008
    Boston area, MA
    Full Name:
    Stefan
    Well hello jessica lopez..

Pedals look good, don't have GT5 or anything to play it on so will not be buying that but I do look forward to the review.

4. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    I was in the market for a new wheel setup this past holiday season and was doing some research on PS3 compatible wheels in general.

Ended up purchasing the Fanatec GT3 RS v2 wheel w/ clubsport pedals and a wheel stand.

I find that the clubsport pedals are absolutely fantastic... far and above the G25 I was used to using.

For now, its difficult for me to evaluate the GT3 RS wheel effectively, as I have not yet received my wheel stand, so I do not have a solid mount for the wheel. This makes it difficult to use efficiently, as the wheel is strong enough to move my current potting stand while I'm trying to make a turn.

Although it will be interesting to see their opinion of the new T500... after experiencing the GT3 RS w/ clubsport pedals... I'm having a feeling it will be difficult to justify the added expense.

(I'm hoping I made the correct choice)

5. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I think the price is going to kill it. $600 is just insanely steep. You could get a Fanatec GT2 with Clubsports for $100 less and it'll work with XBOX.