430 - thoughts on value/risk of this car? | FerrariChat

430 thoughts on value/risk of this car?

Discussion in '360/430' started by curvesurfer, Jul 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. curvesurfer

curvesurfer Karting

Feb 26, 2018
    Redwood City, CA
    #1 curvesurfer, Jul 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    Hi, hope this isn't inappropriate...

What are folks thoughts on the value/risk of this car?

Assuming price is negotiable.

Pros: Color combo (for me), shields, carbon, Daytonas, extra leather, clean CarFax
    Cons: Color (for others), steel brakes, not an 08+...no real service records

The latter is my biggest worry. The CarFax shows routine "service" but seller has no actual records, so I can't tell what was actually done.

What do folks think about market value?
    How risky is buying one of these without actual records?

https://fortlauderdale-south.ebizautos.com/details-2007-ferrari-430-2dr_convertible_spider-used-zffew59a470157927.html

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    beautiful car but thats alot of red inside...115k to 120k i think. if its a late model 07 that wld be a plus. doesnt have ceramic brakes....service records are a nice to have....they can be worth zero. wldnt let that stop me if the car checks out PPI wise.

if the dealer is competent i wld negotiate aftermarket headers installed.

3. Danedingerson

Danedingerson Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 26, 2011
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Dane
    How do I tell if my 2007 is a late year? Any advantage?

4. aleary360

aleary360 Karting

Nov 23, 2015
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Al Leary
    Hi there. I bought my 430 at this dealer also couple of years ago. No history. What sold me is I took is to Ferrari dealership for Pre-inspection. The inspection determined my decision. At that point history to me is irrelevant . Of course check CARFAX for any accident. Happy to chat with you and help you out.
    What needed was new tires, brakes and since no history I did all fluids as part of the negotiation .
    Again Happy to talk to you
    Make sure it includes, radio code, car cover, tools, manual.

5. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    The car looks like it was built in Sept 07 or later. My car was built in Nov. 07. The factory changed over in August to the 2008 changes. This included no key lock on passenger side. Also the black plastic in the front trunk where the latch is. From the photos, your car doesn't have the key lock on passenger side. That looks like the original plastic wrappings on the two kits in the trunk.
    Good luck

6. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Even if the seller has no invoices, the service book must have been stamped . Cannot believe it has not been filled in. Thats your starting point. Bit too much red for me, if you go to sell it you have to find someone who likes the colour,

7. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    It’s a 5k mile car! Even hypothetically if the fluids were never changed from new, aside from aging reasons, would probably still have lubricating properties. I’m sure someone changed the oil periodically. A 430 will never in my opinion be an investment grade car, (scud, 16m, and maybe MT excluded). So maintenance would be less important for you, unless you are planing to flip it soon and are worried about resale. Call a local dealer and see if they have anything on record as being done. What other maintenance would stop you from buying the car if not recorded?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Husker likes this.
  8. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    most important difference from late 07 wld be the MkII exhaust manifolds, but even those have been known to crack.

9. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  10. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    If it’s not the color your looking for you should just pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    always good advice

12. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    going to be hard to get a bargain on this car, as they can usually sell it to someone unsuspecting for full retail. If it's my car, I'm probably spending $10K for a full service including cam belts plus all of that other "while you're in there" stuff. I like the color, even the red is cool. But it could affect resale down the line - you have a limited number of buyers that are good with that. I would be though!

13. curvesurfer

curvesurfer Karting

Feb 26, 2018
    Redwood City, CA
    i love this color, i own a 911 and a Macan in the same. not worried about resale value. i'm putting a manual in it and driving it forever.

getting a PPI for a car across the country can be a pain but I can try.

these don't have belts so I'm not worried about a lapse in "major" service...mostly about the unknown!

14. curvesurfer

curvesurfer Karting

Feb 26, 2018
    Redwood City, CA
    great find @ttforcefed, i don't know why it never occurs to me to google the VIN.

this car sold ~50 miles ago for $13k less than current asking price!

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    happy to help - how do you know the last sale price? you just mean the last asking price?
    the current ask is 140k? that's a crack pipe ask of it is.

16. curvesurfer

curvesurfer Karting

Feb 26, 2018
    Redwood City, CA
    sorry, yes...last asking price was 125k, probably sold for less...current ask is $138k

17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i ran the carfax on it - doesnt look like it sold...the current dealer bought the car from gulf coast. also it hasnt been driven much at all recently:
    on 11/07/2014 it had 5,273 miles

18. Dbops618

Dbops618 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2017
    florida
    Full Name:
    D. Hernandez
    i personally went to see this car last week,,,,its ok but i didnt connect with the saleman who is the owner,,, he lied and is your typical smooth talker,,,as for the car it could be in better condition for the low miles,,,,,,,,,,,,,i left.....i bought a car listed on the web that has 3700 miles and a pleasure to deal with the sales person,,,,i hate idiots, i aslo saw one in HGREGLUX and the same experience,,, a bunch of lies,,,,

curvesurfer likes this.
  19. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    That is flat out rediculous, a premium like this for a non-collector car is just not warranted.

And personally, I don't buy cars with unknown history....I want a seller who treats his car like it's part of the family.

20. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Yep, it is ALL about condition.

21. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Nice how much did u pay for the 3700 mile car? Year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Dbops618

Dbops618 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2017
    florida
    Full Name:
    D. Hernandez

23. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    What year? F1 spider? Do u know what the sticker price was?

24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    What year? F1 spider? Do u know what the sticker price was?