Thoughts from someone that is becoming a Ferrari club member, and never expected it. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Thoughts from someone that is becoming a Ferrari club member, and never expected it.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by niccmann, Apr 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Just saw this thread so it may be too late, but a neighbor has a darker green with tan interior. Her Portofino looks spectacular.

2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I've had different cars in Nero Daytona (a 575 and a 599) and while it's fantastic looking, it looks rapidly dirty - it's not difficult to clean, it just needs to be cleaned very frequently ;)

For the next car I bought (the 488) I chose Grigio Silverstone, it's not easier to clean but far more forgiving when not completely clean.

... no matter the colour, congrats for the Portofino.

3. jjc

jjc Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 14, 2020
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    John J Castrogiovanni
    Congrats, you will always remember the process for buying the first. What color?

4. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    And now, the waiting....
    I was really impatient to get my 458 but it's supposed to rain today so now I'm fine waiting one more day :)

5. niccmann

niccmann Rookie

Mar 5, 2021
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Still undecided! I have time to change my spec... In principle I ordered it Nero Daytona but I have time to change my spec. I've seen a grigio titanio with cuoio interior that its AMAZING! Also considering that.

Anyhow, order is placed :)

Extreme1, EnzoItaly and alex like this.
  6. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Have you seen the grigio interior? They are rare and I think they look great.

niccmann likes this.
  7. niccmann

niccmann Rookie

Mar 5, 2021
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Nop, what I'm doing is buying a pre-owned Grigio Titanio with Cuoio interior that I will trade-in for the new Porto when it arrives... Never seen a Grigio Titanio with Grigio interior. But I'm sure its a beautiful combination.

8. EnzoItaly

EnzoItaly Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2016
    If you like to clean a car (weekly), you can opt for black... if not, choose another colour.

My favourite colour is grigio titanio (because it makes the design speak and it’s so understated and very very classy).

9. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    jm2, niccmann, mdileo and 1 other person like this.
  10. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Enjoy the buying journey. Well worth asking your dealer to keep checking if a factory Atelier session is possible when Italy starts to free from current covid lockdowns.

11. mdileo

mdileo Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    Nyc
    Full Name:
    Max
    thats my motto no kids no wife happy life. I too am a younger guy local to nyc . Bought my first ferrari a 360 spider racing exhaust . Nothing beats putting the top down and hearing the exhaust! you only live once, so if you can afford to do it ... do it . Salute

12. alexandra-ny

alexandra-ny Rookie

May 1, 2021
    Southampton, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexandra
    Congratulations, that's an amazing journey! When I lived in Spain I had a convertable and found that the majority of the time the roof was up for the air con - it's no fun sticking to leather seats. Perhaps it's just because I was in the city, and traffic was bad enough that there was no breeze. 300 days of sun sounds like heaven again though! Can't wait to see some pictures when you get it, that smile will be huge :)

niccmann likes this.
  13. niccmann

niccmann Rookie

Mar 5, 2021
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Southern Europe is indeed very hot, and having the roof down while driving in the city at low speeds, especially in traffic, is awful. Even in May or September, the sun is simply too hot... But after the sun is down, especially by night and without traffic, it is marvellous. So it is early in the morning.

BTW, until my new Porto arrives I got delivery of a pre-owned Rosso Portofino one. I already put 800 miles on it in just a week. Will have to slow down or depreciation will hit me very hard... :)

As I expected I'm getting huge amounts of attention. I would really prefer to do without the attention, but it is what it is. So far its been only positive. Just had one somewhat negative interaction with someone who started filming with his cellphone while driving and he did a couple of dangerous things to be able to film my car from all angles. So in reality nothing bad happened but it was a bit dangerous as he was clearly not focused on driving and he was very close to me while we were both driving at hight speeds on the highway.

All in all, I'm very happy. Definitely attending a few Ferrari events. Will do Targa Florio Tribute in Sicily. Still I can't believe I'm a member of this family. As soon as I see the prancing horse I'm back at being a kid again. And I'm already dreaming about a loud, screaming V12. I'm now hooked to Ferrari!!

alex and Thomas S. like this.
  14. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    Are you in southern Italy like Calabria?

15. Lance F

Lance F Rookie

Jan 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Lance Forsee
    I like your thoughts here about not wanting to flaunt "it" to your friends, and those less fortunate. I just obtained my first Ferrari, a red 458 less than two weeks ago. It certainly attracts more attention than the white 991.2 I own. So far most reactions are positive. I do try to keep it under the radar so to speak. I own a lawn care business, started mowing lawns while in college. Never graduated, not even an AA. God has blessed me and I give him all the credit. I realize many are smarter, and work harder. I am blessed and enjoy the blessings. Stay humble, but enjoy your wealth, and share with others.

jm2, Pawilly and niccmann like this.
  16. niccmann

niccmann Rookie

Mar 5, 2021
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    I can totally relate. For now only a couple of my best friends, who are also petrolheads, know about the car. I plan to keep a very low profile :)

Very similar weather indeed ;)

Lance F likes this.