This summer: Philadelphia to Palm Beach | FerrariChat

This summer: Philadelphia to Palm Beach

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Qksilver, Feb 8, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    My dad just finished talking to his friend... and it looks like we are going to drive down to Palm Beach from Just outside Philly! I'm 18 so my dad figured it would be a great thing to do before college... I think we might actually leave straight from my graduation. My dad's friend's son is 17, so it will be a great time. We will be driving a 2000 996 cab (possibly a turbo... ) and our friends will be driving their 2004 996 coupe. I can' t think a more fun time, and I can't wait! So far I've decided we'll need walkie-talkies, radar detector, and some crazy techno. Any more suggestions?

I've done this drive several times, so I know all about the tedium at times; but the good will outweigh the bad... by far!

I'm so excited!

Maybe a few of you guys could run with us for a few miles on 95? :) Or maybe a Palm Beach meet one day... oh the possibilities!

2. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Joe have a good time! I actually made that trip myself/dad in the XLR right after my Dad got it 2 years ago. He got the car in early November so it was the only way he could salvage a little taste of top down driving! We went down for 4 days. It was a blast. You will have a good time, and like you said it really isn't that bad of a drive. If you guys stop to eat and switch off every handfull of hours it will go by quick. You need good music though!!!!!!!!!
    Erik

3. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    sounds like an awesome time!

4. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Hit me up when u get to Palm Beach!!

5. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks guys-- I'm really looking forward to it. I'll have PLENTY of pictures when we get back. Looks like it will be a 5 day trip. Can't wait for Georgia in the middle of the night :).

We might leave directly from my graduation in June.. if not, sometime in June or August.

AllOut... you schedule the meets right? I've popped in and out of the Fla. region a few times. You seem like BMOC? :)

-Joe