THIS is the new 620 GT | Page 8 | FerrariChat

THIS is the new 620 GT

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by asb9987, Feb 24, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. till.a.fischer

till.a.fischer Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Till Fischer
    #176 till.a.fischer, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Chris Bangle did work for pininfarina before his time with BMW.
    And ha did an wonderful job:
    1997 Fiat Coupe

And dont't dare bashing my little red lady!

Best, Till.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. cridom60

cridom60 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2007
    France
    Full Name:
    dominique
    Did you noticed that in the first live pics available (you tube, Ferrari F12 Berlinetta, premiéres photos live), the F12 the seats are different than the one available on the configurator? funny, as usual!

3. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

Porsche are not artists. Ferrari and Pininfarina, et al Ferrari designers, are. I recall a designer at Pininfarina said "we design each car as if it will be our last," or something to that effect.

This is the way Louis Sullivan and Frank Lloyd Wright designed buildings, the way Jimi Hendrix played the guitar, and the way real Jazz artists must play every time they pick up their horn or sit at their piano or drum-set.

This mindset ensures that each creation will be memorable and distinct, if not a masterpiece. With cars, the stakes are as high as they are with buildings, if not higher, so the pressure and the rewards are tremendous.

And with Ferrari, the stakes and pressure are even greater because of their unrivaled design history and the expectations of clients and the public in general.

That's why Ferraris have always been art (Mondiale perhaps excepted-haha), sculptures to be precise, and the rest of the world just make cars, sometimes attractive but very rarely memorable or masterpieces.

Having said that, the latest 911 is the most handsome, attractive and self-assured 911 yet.

Forza,

Cavallini

4. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Is the F12 their last?

5. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Haha, no, not at all but that's their mentality. You make it as incredible as you can make at that time then worry about the next one later.

6. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Not exactly. The FIAT coupe exterior was designed by Bangle at FIAT and built at pininfarina - he did not work at pininfarina.

7. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
  8. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    I'm still waiting to hear from you exactly who from the factory has called the 599 GTO a regular production Ferrari. FYI.... Again......599 GTO ......different body panels, materials, weight (lighter than the new F!2), length, frame, width,suspension,mechanicals, improved gearbox. The list goes on and on :)>)! Ive talked to the Ferrari reps directly from the factory and was told you cannot build a GTO from even the basics of a regular 599. Its also a front engine 12 not a souped up 8 cyl like the 288.....Yes it has a retuned Enzo engine.So? Is that a bad thing? Its also callled a GTO. Whats the old saying ...if it looks like a horse,rides like a horse and is called a horse.... Guess what, its a horse! So lets get over it and move on.

9. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Couldn't have said it any better ;)

10. till.a.fischer

till.a.fischer Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Till Fischer
    Didn't know that, thanks.
    I really like most of the designs he did for BMW, although I know most people don't.

11. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California

I have already stated where Ferrari refers to the 599GTO as a production Ferrari. Please see Forza magazine in which the aluminum specialty department at Ferrari comments that carbon tubs will only be used for the super Ferraris. Ferrari will not use carbon fiber tubs for standard production models. I never said the 599GTO wasn't special, its a great car.