Thinking of selling my 2008 211CC Key West with a broker. | FerrariChat

Thinking of selling my 2008 211CC Key West with a broker.

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by MVDESQ, Jan 18, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    We have a 2008 211CC Key West (21 foot center console) that we bought new. The boat has been great but we don't have much time for it and we moved out of our old town which had cheap nice public marinas. We contacted a broker and he wants 10% commission if he sells it. He claims this is the industry standard. Seems high to us. Can we find a lower commission or force him to go lower than 10%? The reason why we called him is that his office is on the same property where the boat is currently stored for the winter. He says he will list it on some major boat website almost like the MLS for houses.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

The boat is located in Stamford, CT.

2. rboost

rboost Karting

Nov 4, 2005
    Santa Clara, Ca
    Full Name:
    Reiny B
    That is the standard, if you find a broker that will go lower than 10% you will eliminate any co-op with other brokers that have a buyer.

3. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I just sold a 25' Edgewater on Boat Trader. there's a place called Anglers Edge that lists it everywhere for $150. The problem is that you have to deal with an unusual amount of pain in the ass buyers. Still, 10% (7% buyer broker/3% listing broker) is pretty stiff.
    GLWS