There have been a lot of 412s on Ebay recently... | FerrariChat

There have been a lot of 412s on Ebay recently...

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by bjwhite, Apr 3, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    There are two up right now.....a black one and a white one. And just last week a grey one. All automatics.

Seems like if you could stomach the automatic and trunkline, a 412 would make for a great GT.

I'd include a 412 5-speed in my search if it weren't for that silly trunkline.

2. JTranfield

JTranfield Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2003
    NYC, London
    Full Name:
    J Tranfield
    I agree they are tempting at the price.

3. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    ?

4. tiara4300

tiara4300 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2005
    miami ,fl.
    Full Name:
    Adam
    AS the owner of a 1986 model I may know why. There aren't any parts around. I need little service and interior items and I may as well be buying the parts for a new 599. The parts prices are higher then ever, if you can find any at all. while the cars may be attractive to buy, it is very expensive to keep them whole.

5. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    my buddy has no trouble at all getting everything from weather stripping to aluminum trim to steering pumps from Ferrari UK.

brett

6. hskasimir

hskasimir Karting

Apr 5, 2006
    Berlin
    Full Name:
    Howard Sheronas
    I have to agree...everything is available. Besides Ferrari UK there is Eurospares, another highly recommendable british company. Even if you live in the States, these two suppliers are the place to go to. My experience is that no matter what part concerned, they usually charge half of what their american competitors do. Sometimes even less. I recently got a quote from an american parts store for a single airfilter unit for my 365 GT4 2+2 for $ 250. When I asked for a price at Eurospares, they quoted they same unit at GBP 80.80, which is roughly $ 145. Furthermore they told me they were going to check if they could find a cheaper source since they felt the GBP 80.80 was a fantasy price...

Howard