The Ultimate "Sticky interior fix" experiment | Page 5 | FerrariChat

The Ultimate "Sticky interior fix" experiment

Discussion in '348/355' started by treedee3d, Mar 9, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Love the carbon dip stuff, looks great!

2. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Yeah I know, that was a little nuts...but in my defense, I ran the dishwasher again after I removed my parts. LOL

3. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    Hey I wanted to thank the OP. This works! I did want to warn others to not use aluminum wool with the Easy Off. It creates and exothermic reaction and Hydrogen gas.

"Gee must of left this in the sun"...."wow this is really hot"....."oh no my wool is smoking"

I could not find the Krylon Outdoor textured but was really happy with how easy the Dupli*Color Vinyl specialty flexible spray coating was. Easy to fill scratches & did use the adhesion promoter.

4. lanab

lanab Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2016
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #104 lanab, Oct 19, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    It's not rocket science, i restored my whole interior and tried different options but the best solution found on the French Ferrarista forum.

Clean off all rubber plastic with 100% rubbing isopropyl alcohol with a microfiber cloth, you need to wet it down completely and it will just come off easily, buy several as they will get black and dirty, takes time but you get it prestine clean with all switches and other plastic parts, the white text does not come off and then sand the surface of the plastics to a good result.
    And here is the magic, i used paint from Japanese firm Tamiya, satin black and covered with a matt top coat for protection, and also used a primer from Tamiya before painting and sanding it down.

The result is excellent, it takes time to do this and you need alot of patience, it's not hard in the end.

Picture for result
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

jimmym, rennspeed and Husker like this.
  5. lanab

lanab Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2016
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yes i used the following

TAM87042 Surface primer
    TAM85006 Matte Black
    TAM85080 Flat clear

jimmym and rennspeed like this.