The Trouble With Fchat (Debate) | Page 5 | FerrariChat

The Trouble With Fchat (Debate)

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by stevep, Mar 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    What the hell happened here. I miss one day on here and the best thread of the year has started;). Personally,I think there are some very valid points on here, and as usual some which would be better ignored. For my own part, I feel that one of the main reasons some posts attract open warfare is because it is very different to reproduce Satire in print, along with sarcasm. If something meant to be either of the previous is taken out of context, then reading said post will inevitably lead to a negative response. As many people have said here, it is nigh on impossible to guage peoples attitudes and true meaning when something is in print only.
    I am a relatively new"kid" on the block here, and have enjoyed my time immensely. I take no offense (normally) unless the post is IMHO completely and unequivocally offensive, which is rare.
    I find it difficult to take offense at the things said on here mainly because, to take offense would indicate that I am in possession of morals or social conscience. I am therefore delighted to announce that I possess neither of these attributes and therefore just spend the majority of my time splitting my sides laughing at some of the posts.
    I too am concerned that TonyH has been effectively driven into seclusion. Perhaps it's a plot to stow away in Tea Arse's boot to Monaco.
    The plot thickens!
    Just keep posting away, if people don't like what you say, so what. It's a free country .
    If this place is taken over by the serious set, I for one would be vacating the premises.

2. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I don't go much on the way you have to make a deposit in public there. Such a mess. It's my own fault though, I should have read the advert with more care. I thought it said free *anking, not banking:D

3. F550kid

F550kid Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    zak

Hi,

I think you are mistaken,

These are post numbers and not the visits. Ive visited the site probably thousands of times but dont feel the need to make inane comments on every thread that someone cares to post on. You should perhaps read a little more carefully. In my view you are killing the site not keeping it alive.

Zak

4. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade acpes M8,

Tony and I are on the cross channel ferry. I am using Tony's 'Lap Top' and he has just bought more Champagne which we are both quaffing as I write. We really do not understand how you found about our trip to Monaco. We thought the ruse would work - but seemingly it hasn't.

We should be in Le Havre by two o'clock tomorrow morning and then we shall be heading straight for Monaco. Tony is really looking forward to being in the penetentiary for a whole fortnight - as indeed am I.

With kind regards,

Toe-knee Hand-cock and 512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse

5. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    its a good job we all dont think the same way as you if so there would be nothing to read on fchat

6. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    I have to say I really enjoy all the banter on here - gives me light relief during the day from all the other bullsh1t that goes on at work. (Hell I hadn't even got tired of the 8 v 12 gag yet - it's comedic value is the fact that its become so inevitible now!)

Two points

1. As has been said before, if all that was posted on this site is threads related to what polish to use etc it would soon become a very dull and lifeless place in no time at all.

2. Re the in-jokes. Well isn't this really just what happens when a group of people get to know each other? They share jokes, common stories / events they have experienced together (ie people who have gone to meets / trackdays together?). I guarantee that any of the new guys that are complaining about this would get involved in the very same in-jokes once they had met the others four of five times at events. Isn't this what mates do?

7. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    It's easy enough to strike me off M8.

8. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I find that offensive young man!

Nope, sorry. Lied again:D

9. F550kid

F550kid Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    zak
    Hi looks like none of my previous posts are included in this number under the old archives when I was under the username of dhabaz.

10. Lee_Proctor

Lee_Proctor Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Excuse me for speaking out loud here gentlemen - but for some of us this is literally what we do through the day to keep ourselves from going insane with work. There is a huge mix here - people who use the forum for info, people who use it to "hang out and meet" and people who come on and do nothing but bloody moan.

The next time youre in a pub with your mates (as that essentially is what a lot of us now are), just think about f chat and that your night out could be some of our nights in chatting away.

Thanks and regards

Lee <getting more and more pi$$ed off with inane comments from people doing nothing but moan moan moan>

11. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear F550kid M8,

That's okay then. With a name like that this definitely makes you one of us - so welcome to the mad house M8!

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse - King of Ochlacracy

12. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Dear Toe-knee Hand-cock and 512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse M8's,
    there are no secrets to be held from me. I have had a sentinel observing your every movement on deep suspicion that you were indeed up to some skull-duggery. I have been proved correct in my assumptions and have alerted Interpol, taking the liberty to circulate your photos, and other incriminating documentation which should ensure a stretch at the Monaco penetentiary for the criminally insane(also known as Pontins).
    You will not succeed in corrupting our world renowned Goderator. We are sending forth the young galdiator LEE "CS" PROCTOR, saviour of moderators, to rescue him before your vile corruption becomes endemic.

I am afraid I cannot type any more as the orderlies are tightening the arm straps
    Farewell

13. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    The next time youre in a pub with your mates (as that essentially is what a lot of us now are), just think about f chat and that your night out could be some of our nights in chatting away.

Is it a gay bar?????????

Lee <getting more and more pi$$ed off with inane comments from people doing nothing but moan moan moan>[/QUOTE]
    And stop bloody moaning, you're dragging this thread down:D:D

14. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    You're right Lee. Im at work now and Fchat keeps me company until 12pm ish. the moaning is just part and parcel of life Im afraid. We all do it.

15. Lee_Proctor

Lee_Proctor Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lee
    And stop bloody moaning, you're dragging this thread down:D:D[/QUOTE]

Not the ones I go in Andy - but whatever floats your battleship!

16. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Not the ones I go in Andy - but whatever floats your battleship![/QUOTE]

So you spotted me eh?? :eek:
    I'm not wearing these leather crutch-less hot pants to a track day again;)

17. closeshave

closeshave Formula 3

Nov 13, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Davy J
    F-Chat is IMHO the best, because of the humour that’s what made me come here in the first place. Enjoy it and join in or bugger off. I really hate seeing people taking offence and having a go at other users on here because it's missing the point of the forum entirely.

18. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Acpes M8,

Tony Hopkins here M8. Tea Arse is up front doing the driving and I'm in the back with the 'Lap Top.' At the moment I am fearing for my life as the Rolls is swaying about a bit. Tea Arse is not a tall man and is struggling to see through the steering wheel. I have just peeked over his shoulder and the speedo is reading one hundred and twenty. For god's sake how did I let Tea Arse persuade me to go on this trip. He said it would be the trip of a lifetime. I am worried. Really very worried indeed. Tea Arse is really tanking the Rolls now - god almighty it is bloody terrifying; we are travelling down a long slope - the speedo is now on 135 and edging toward 140 . . . . I don't think Tea Arse has seen the bend looming . . . . TEA ARSE the bend M8 . . . . VUCKING 'ELL . . . TEEEA AARRSSE THE VUCKING BEND $?!***!$""//@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

19. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    well that depends where you park in sainsburys

20. closeshave

closeshave Formula 3

Nov 13, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Davy J
    Oh **** here we go....

21. closeshave

closeshave Formula 3

Nov 13, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Davy J
    I guess that's the end of 512 Tea are, Pain in the, ar se......

22. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    *** Q dramatic EastEnders music***
    Will they live? Does any1 give a ****?
    Probably not....

TArse, you are a 24 carat loon, but i luv ya :D

23. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Dear Tony Hopkins,
    I'm am not convinced by your ploy. If it were remotely true what has happened to Jeff Randall, your ex detective partner. You cannot fool me. You would not stoop so low as to utilise a rolls royce on a ferrari thread.Given the speeds that you have quoted you are obviously not in possession of the illustrious Tea Arse V12 ballerina fearing exocet, and as the real Tea Arse would not condensend to the levels of V8 ownership I declare you to be a fraud sir and begone with you.

24. closeshave

closeshave Formula 3

Nov 13, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Davy J
    Christ M8, your right, I have always suspected TonyH of being full of s*it

25. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Toe-knee Hand-cock Illustrious and Most Majestic Goderator, Wholly Omniscient and Totally Apodictic,

Get some clean under pants on immediately and I'm sorry that I scared you in the car.

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse