The tradition of Reading Ferrari Concours d’ Elegance | Page 3 | FerrariChat

The tradition of Reading Ferrari Concours d’ Elegance

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Green308GTSi, Dec 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Why, whenever I have an opinion on here do I always get a bunch of people who decide to get together to show that I'm not entitled to an opinion.

Enjoy the show.

2. SpykerBAS

SpykerBAS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2009
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    B. Sokolow
    I think the original point was a request for discounted rates for non-judged entries, which is a valid request. While I agree the shows have overhead, Joe, I also think some number of "scholarships" could be provided by the organizers or sponsors to help create access to the show for those who'd love to be a part of it, but find the fee a stretch. Hopefully, no one assumes all Ferrari owners are rich, or that events should only feature the cars of the rich.

3. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe

I've been a sponsor for the last few years and if I had sponsored this year, I gladly would have given you a ticket. Unfortunately, I won't be attending this year. We are members of the museum and have even helped sponsor an event there. Its perhaps the best automobile museum in the world. However, while I wish the event and the organizers nothing but success, I just can't muster any enthusiasm about driving my beloved Testarossa into that part of Philadelphia, nor do I have any interest in going to a concourse in a large parking lot adorned with barbed wire. Regretfully, I think last year may have been my last regional concours...

4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Bob.

You are entitled to your opinion, and folks here are equally entitled to disagree with it.

Try not to be a total downer about this event. If it's not what YOU want to do, that's great, but it seems to me that for many, this will be a first opportunity to be introduced to cars we all love, and that we can SHARE them with others in a controlled environment.

I spent many years showing, and then judging at Reading and think this new venue deserves a chance.

All the *****ing and moaning (which I did some of early in the thread) does a disservice to Pietro's memory, and to the show and club that he loved.

D

5. dadams73

dadams73 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Ocean City NJ
    Full Name:
    Dean

6. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    WTF. Why does everyone on here think it's OK to tell me how to act?

7. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    #57 pnicholasen, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
    Hey Barry,
    Is it ok for me to pay for Bob's entry fee, so he can come? (a small token of my appreciation for the entertainment he has provided trying to keep up with him on the C&C drives). The tricky part is I'm on a sailboat in new England at present, so it would have to be a cash tranaction on the day of the show. If that's ok please sign him up.

8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I visited the Simeone Museum yesterday and they are gearing-up for the show. Everyone there is really looking forward to it.

9. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Because you have no problem telling us how to act as well.

And we know you, and love your adorable quirky personality. :D

D

10. FUNRARI

FUNRARI Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2008
    Washington D.C.
    Full Name:
    Z
    See you there!

11. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    Exotic Car Gear is a proud Sponsor of this event and we will have a complete showing of Carbon Fiber, Titanium Wheel bolts and lots more. Please stop in to our booth and say hello.
    See you Sunday
    Glenn and David

12. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Is anyone traveling from the north to the show and has an open seat to give me a ride? I will not be showing a Ferrari so I assume I will need to park along the street and I'm not too keen on the idea of parking any of my cars along the street in the area of the museum. I live in Berks County but I could meet you anywhere along your route(assuming there is secure parking) that is most convenient for you.

Thanks.

13. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Paul, thanks buddy, but I am not gonna go. I really appreciate your kindness, but I won't be there. I have already made other plans and can't break them now. Enjoy the show and I hope it's a great success in its new location. I enjoyed the location at the Reading Country Club and I hope they find a way for the parking lot to match the show there, but like I said I just wanted to be able to state my opinion without taking a bunch of crap.

Let me know when you would like to do a drive though as I want to get back out to the area my son and I had explored near the Susquehanna . It had always been very personal to lead drives there and I want to make sure I get a few more chances before I head out.

If any of you other guys want to plan a group drive out that way , let me know as I'll be glad to lead something. It need not be formal or anything, as I don't have the expertise with the non liability paperwork that some of the other guys do but I would really enjoy it if some of you guys that have shared this Ferrari passion with me over the years could join me for a few miles on the twistys'.

Thanks, and Paul it was a really great gesture and I can't thank you enough.

Bob

14. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    #64 pnicholasen, May 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    America's Cup class? Nice. God , now I need a helicopter.

16. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    Volvo Around the World Ocean Race.

17. Green308GTSi

Green308GTSi Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Barry Cross
    #67 Green308GTSi, May 16, 2015
  18. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Barry,
    My petty misgivings notwithstanding, I wish you nothing but the best tomorrow! I can't imagine how much work went in to putting on this show and I know you will make Pietro proud!

19. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino

Awesome, Barry! Really looking forward to tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Green308GTSi

Nov 17, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Barry Cross
    Thanks, I hope everyone enjoys the day, over 100 Ferraris expected!

21. BRH

BRH Rookie

May 6, 2015
    Lancaster county, PA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #71 BRH, May 17, 2015
  22. Green308GTSi

Nov 17, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Barry Cross
    #72 Green308GTSi, May 17, 2015
  23. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Great show, Barry! Sorry I couldn't stay for the awards ceremony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Green308GTSi

Nov 17, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Barry Cross
    #74 Green308GTSi, May 17, 2015
  25. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Barry & Everyone else that helped and participated,
    Great job today! In the past I have gone to Reading a half dozen times, and while the scenic drive and setting where amazing, it really is the cars and people that make events like this fun to me. Today as in the past, was a great turnout, and the people were fantastic. I really enjoyed walking the field and the museum itself, not to mention the fact that admission is only $12! Too often these days these shows are much more expensive which make it difficult for the younger enthusiasts or others on a budget to attend.

Erik