The Tool Kits and Accessories of the Icons... 288GTO, F40, F50 & the Enzo | Page 5 | FerrariChat

The Tool Kits and Accessories of the Icons... 288GTO, F40, F50 & the Enzo

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by 275GTB, Feb 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
  2. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
  3. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    Camelot likes this.
  4. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
  5. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
  6. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
  7. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    and finally...

the wonderful things we have achieved for Karim's F40 in the Ferrari Bloodline Collection, UK. Thank you Karim for all the good times.

Well that's about all I have for the F40, I think a little break before I start Ferrari's most accessorised car the mighty F50.

enjoy, and as always I look forward to additions and corrections

Mark
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Mark - can we back-up and address the key sets for both the 288 and the F40 ( as well as the up coming cars)?

9. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    masertech likes this.
  10. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    masertech likes this.
  11. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    is the above what you mean?

12. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Yes, thank you. Just thought it would be helpful because the 288 and F40 I’m particular have unique keys sets for different purposes.

13. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
  14. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    JackCongo and Camelot like this.
  15. masertech

masertech Rookie

Jun 29, 2013
    IL, USA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thank you for this excellent thread! In my experience with mostly USA F40’s, inflator pouch has another piece of Velcro to mount toolkit in the car more securely Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Camelot likes this.
  16. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    this is great thank you for the fantastic pictures, on the Euro cars that I have seen the velcro is only on the rear side, it is good to know there are variations.

It still scares me to think that is all that hold a very heavy toolkit from coming lose, the damage that could be caused :eek:!!!

beautiful F40 by the way, immaculate with the original country code stamps on the suspension wishbones - perfection!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

masertech likes this.
  17. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    the rear Velcro is stitched to the bag from memory, I wonder if the front strip is just stuck on, and has come off over the years?

18. masertech

masertech Rookie

Jun 29, 2013
    IL, USA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Wish it was mine!

Of the few currently available to me the inflator pouches Velcro is only held on with adhesive front and back.

It seems reasonably well secured, when properly placed. If all else fails better to have luggage in place to limit its travel further or better yet maybe secure in the luggage. If spirited driving is planned probably best to remove from the car!

19. masertech

masertech Rookie

Jun 29, 2013
    IL, USA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I have found old Velcro on a few cars either down in the bottom of the front trunk or stuck under the cowl.

On your picture of inflator pouch I feel I can almost see old impression from where the Velcro was previously.

275GTB likes this.
  20. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    Great stuff. There is another official Ferrari print, see pics. It demonstrates the F40 in production. Nice little item.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

masertech and 275GTB like this.
  21. Ferri

Ferri Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hugo Garritsen
    275GTB likes this.
  22. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    Mark.

A little late, but thank you for starting this thread! I know that it takes lots of effort but I certainly appreciate seeing all of this information in one place. Hopefully you may be helping others to avoid buying imitation tools and kits in the future, as we have already seen with the older models. It is a shame (but lucky for you!) that there is such a small amount of official literature about the cars you have posted on so far. I was looking forward to your F40 posts but knew that there would not be many of them!

The brochures you posted images of in post #99 are non-factory produced. They were produced in the UK by Maranello Concessionaires and distributed to the UK dealers of the time. They probably exist with all of the then current dealer stamps on the rear but many are blank. There is a thread on these brochures here:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/maranello-concessionaires-sales-brochures.

There is some fantastic information about them from Tony Willis (in a post from Jonathan Tremlett). They are a great little brochure but must have been mass-produced to be given out at shows and to any schoolboy who knocked on the door asking for a leaflet.

The official publication which compares best to these UK ones is the Ferrari Production booklet. Far less attractive than the UK one but an official publication and so a known quantity. Published, and reprinted, in Italian, French, English and German by the tens-of-thousand with later ones in Spanish and Japanese too.

The earlier ones covering the F40 look like these:

and the F40 pages looks like this:

Another Ferrari publication which often comes up in an online search for F40 literature is the Galleria Del Vento Climatizzata (Wind Tunnel) booklet which has an F40 on the cover. There were only 500 of these. I do not have a picture of this to hand but here is a link:

https://collectorstudio.com/product/1991-ferrari-wind-tunnel-booklet/

I think that the press kit which is included in your post (the image showing everything with the car) has photographs from more than one kit, even though they are all official pictures. These kits seem to come with a random number of images (either 2, 3 or 4) but of the ones I have the images are either the ones taken outdoors (at Fiorano?) or the indoor studio shots. On the indoor ones, I think the side-on image is always reversed as the Cavallino on the shield is facing the wrong way.

There is also the "white version" of the press kit with black and white images which was given out at the launch of the F40 in Maranello in 1987 [Edit: I see that Hugo beat me to this one!]:

and a later version of the one you have shown. This one was given out to journalists who went to Maranello to test drive the F40 in 1988. This is identical to the one you have shown apart from the print number and the inclusion of colour photographs:

Another wonderful item is the Schedoni plaque:

Then there are the official posters which are huge but probably not for inclusion here, even though they are things of beauty! There is not much else really and I will be interested to see what was produced for the later cars. Most of the items I have shown here were purchased from other F-Chatters and I would also be interested to see what items or information can be added.

275GTB likes this.
  23. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    This is fantastic addition information Robert, thank you very much for taking the time to share your knowledge and collection, very much appreciated.

The Maranello Concessionaires distributed brochures, I have one with a "Lancaster's" Dealer stamp on the back, one with a "Tower Garage Egham" stamp, plus several blank ones....every school boys star collectable from the car shows back in the Eighties!

I have seen the white press kit, but its much harder to find and much more expensive, lovely item thanks for both sharing the detail, Hugo & Robert.

I have never seen the wind tunnel cover before, or noticed the Cavallino on the shield facing the wrong way - i am off too pull the boxes out!

Wonderful stuff.
    thanks Mark