The time had not come. | Page 6 | FerrariChat

The time had not come.

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by PV Dirk, Aug 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    #126 PV Dirk, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Time keeps on flying. It's been two months and I haven't been back to Oregon since firing up the car. I'll be visiting around the holidays and am sure I'll get the car the rest of the way together. I'm in the process of buying a house here in Arizona and thankfully it has a 3 car garage. I'm planning on hauling the car down here so I'll be able to work out any bugs and get my shake down miles on it. When it's good to go my next plan is to teach my step son how to drive a stick on this car. Every young car guy should learn a manual transmission in the best way possible :) I'm pretty sure I'm doing this more for me than for him. Really not much to add, I just couldn't sleep tonight and couldn't remember when I'd actually gotten the car running. This is my best diary of what is going on with the car. A picture from the file just for fun. And for those who have been following, my daughter turns 1 year old in a couple weeks. Tonight we spent a couple hours crawling around on the floor, wrestling, laughing and playing with toys. The car really doesn't get a whole lot of thought these days.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    #127 PV Dirk, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Arrived back to Arizona after our family vacation trip to visit family in Oregon. Drove the old gas hog with the big engine and tow package so the Ferrari could come home with me. It's in the garage now and it's nice to have access to it on a regular basis. Of course the coming week calls for temps exceeding 100 degrees every day including 118 on Monday and 119 on Tuesday. That is 48c for those in every other part of the world.

While in Oregon my 15 year old step son learned how to drive a manual transmission on the Ferrari. We had a huge parking lot at a fairgrounds and I had him drive laps by himself. He was and is very thrilled. A fun feather in his cap that no one can take away from him.

It's running fine but not perfect. I'm going to replace vacuum lines as time permits. Don't know what the future holds. I keep talking about selling it, but when I take it for a drive it doesn't seem too important to sell. I could use the money, but apparently not that badly :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    You have done WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to much hands-on work on that car to sell it now. At the very least, you need to go on some more epic trips equivalent to your Baton Rouge to Alaska adventure.