The third annual Greenville Delaware Car Show | Page 9 | FerrariChat

The third annual Greenville Delaware Car Show

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by turbos7903, Jun 27, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SATedeschi

SATedeschi Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    #201 SATedeschi, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
    Had allot of fun today good seeing everyone.

2. JROD9496

JROD9496 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Jared
  3. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    Jared - great pics my man ........

4. JROD9496

JROD9496 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Jared
    Thanks Nick for organizing the event with John. It really was a great show and experience. It was good talking to you.
    Thanks again,
    Jared

5. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Nice album Jared, thanks for documenting.

6. red tach

red tach Rookie

Mar 17, 2011
    Nick, Jon, thanks for organizing a super event. It was great to see such a a range of cars. Congrats on the funds raised.

7. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! I had my Mondial for three years and I never won People's choice!!! I have to sell mine for the Mondial to finally get the respect it deserves!!!!

By the looks of it, she won by a landslide

VIVA MONDIAL!!!!

I knew it was only a matter of time before the world caught on to what a spectacular car she is!!!!

DAMN IT!!!

Congrats Jay!!

You deserve it. Better you than that piece of crap Scuderia :D

8. AlxSTi

AlxSTi Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2011
    Wilmington, DE
    I had a great time today. I've been to lots of car shows, but I can't remember the last time I spent 6 straight hours at one without getting bored. Here's to next year's!

9. FerrariCrazy

FerrariCrazy Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2009
    Center Valley, PA
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Awesome pictures Jared. I need to go to this next year.

10. autowerks9

autowerks9 Formula 3
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2009
    North Wales, Pa.
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Cheers to John and Nick for yet another awsome event. I am glad the weather turned out in our favor. Tons of beautiful cars.

Despite the weather warnings there appeared to be an even larger Italian car showing than years past ( minus one Mondial ! ).

Jared, Thanks for posting the pics. Tons of cool shots there.

David

11. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    Thank you Jon and Nick. A fun day; like an all day C&C. Looking forward to seeing the kids when we arrive with the presents! :)

12. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
    Congrats to Jon and Nick for a great event. Lots of beautiful machines, and a really great cause that everyone was happy to support.

13. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    thanks for bringing the NSX and thanks for the feedback which Jon and I will discuss. We do want this to be a unique type of event - I think this year with the passenger rides we added a further dimension - plus it raised a few dollars for the cause.

14. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    Well, if you don't mind suggestions...I think the zero entry fee plus one dollar per voting ticket is "just right." What may be a good addition is for some of the kids from the B&G Club to visit the show. It could be another incentive for them to succeed at school, etc. to see what the rewards are for trying. Some sort of contest at the club during the year for them to earn the trip and lunch?

15. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    Don, that is a really good idea .....

Looking ahead parking areas for next year - I'm thinking auto electrical suppliers for each country would be fun .... Lucas, Bosch, Magneti Marelli not sure about the 'other' area though - getting thinking cap on.... an alternative might be the comfort food of the country i.e. fish & chips, bratwurst, spaghetti, mac & cheese ???

oh lord let the comments come on in !!

16. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    I love that suggestion don, Have a busload of them to come to the show. Maybe have them participate in some way to asist in the show. Suggestion worth consideration.

Nick you did a fabulous Job of the logistics of the event. It wouldnt be the same show without all the effort pre-event you put in. When an event looks like its easy to put on its clear someone is making huge effort behind the scenes.

Since I was out giving our high bid winners a thrill ride I missed the peoples choice awards. It appears Don B. won in the British car section and clearly Jay won in the Italian section. But who won in the German section and the "Other" Section?

Bob and Josh, Your extraordinary efforts to photo the event especially the three "thrill rides" cars was hugely appreciated. Seeing you hanging out of the back of Steve 911 Cabriolet taking photos at shall we say spirited speeds was quite the sight.

Finally Steve I reallly appreciate you playing the chase car.

Don B thanks a ton for organizing and selling in the British car section. you are a huge asset to our little group of enthusiasts.

Thanks for all of you who turned out to display your cars. The weather threatening I cannot help but feel your commitment to the cause ( Boys and Girls Club) was clearly in your minds
    Jon relaxing in Delaware.

17. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    #218 dlbutler, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
    "Other" would be Delco or Autolite for the USA . For the Far East brands (shhh...Bob might hear), Hitachi or Nippondenso.

Food: Sushi!! Food might be a little confusing though: Grits for some European brands. :D

18. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    #219 nickd, Oct 2, 2011
  19. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Jon and Nick, great job. Thank you!

-Joe

20. AMC38

AMC38 Rookie

Oct 2, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Great event on Saturday, and for a wonderful organization. Appreciate how welcoming everyone was. I'm the "new guy" with the red F430. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and participating in more events and gatherings.

-Anthony

21. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    #222 rcraig, Oct 2, 2011
    Jon and Nick
    Thanks for working so hard to put this thing on. It is a joy to attend, as well as quite rewarding to contribute to in a way that may help you guys put on such a successful event, for both Josh and I. The selfless nature of this event is really apparent to most everyone that attends and I appreciate your allowing us all to be involved, and especially for the wonderful roll models and just "good folks" that my son Josh gets to meet and know in you all. He has learned more good things from you guys and the whole group then I can express.
    The photos and videos are being worked on and should be done soon.
    The funniest part of the drive that we did, was that i was determined to really document these guys react after the ride, but truly the bigger reaction was from Jon, Brett and Barry. It was an awesome view of how much fun it has always been to share this hobby of ours with others. The three passengers will have to let the rides sink in a bit before they even realize what a special ride that really was. It was really a joy to watch and listen.
    A special thanks to Steve for the great job as camera car. It was amazing.
    All three guys looked like they had hit the lottery for a solid ten minutes after returning from the drive.
    I have to wonder that with the truly world class nature of this thing, how long until it will outgrow itself?

22. Supercars17112

Supercars17112 Karting

Jun 11, 2011
    Harrisburg. PA
    Full Name:
    Evan Ross
    hey just wanted to say that i had a great time at the show and that it was very well organized... looking forward to next year and to cruising with all the people i met in the area as well!

Evan

23. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Hi Anthony, glad you decided to take the drive and join us Saturday! Look forward to seeing you around more often!