The Saskatchewan/Manitoba thread! | Page 5 | FerrariChat

The Saskatchewan/Manitoba thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Night life, Feb 27, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Glen, good seeing you here. I've been a fan of your site for many years! Keep up the good work.

2. ilrglen

ilrglen Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2005
    Yorkton, SK, Canada
    Full Name:
    Glen Kohut
    I'd love to put you in the Registry but I don't have the VIN yet. Get Darren to give me a call if you are both out for a drive. I'll have my camera waiting.

Glen
    --------

3. ilrglen

ilrglen Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2005
    Yorkton, SK, Canada
    Full Name:
    Glen Kohut
    Glad to be on board. I have checked in from time to time but have been mostly following another board. Soon I'll have one up and running on the ILR also. So much work to do... so little time.

Glen
    ------

4. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Hey Glen welcome to F chat hope you get your lambo soon the season is upon us..:D see you on the road..:)

5. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Mr Murphy paid me a visit in the morning ...

I woke up earlier than usual doing my morning routine I opened the shutters and.. it snowed and rained the streets were way to slippery to take her out, I had to reschedule my appointment.

Mr Murphy what an *********..

At least way later in the day the snow and ice went away and I was able to take her out for a quick spin around the city..

I still can't get use to people freaking out when they see the car they must like it or there thinking what the hell am I doing driving it know..:p

Does that feeling in the pit of your stomach that makes you nervous and queasy and excited ever go away?

I hope not..

6. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    I came across a Lambo watch looks pretty cool reg price $2000 there asking around $ 400..:eek:

7. Zapper

Zapper Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2008
    Regina Sask
    Full Name:
    Phil
    #107 Zapper, Mar 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Ya today was a great day a bit cold but not too bad

I'll tell ya there is nothing sweeter than looking at the a$$ end of a Countach in front of you and the low stealthiness of a Diablo in your rear view, it was like an exotic Italian sandwich,,,:) and I was the spicy meat ball in the middle..:p

The look on peoples faces were priceless and maaaaaaan is that Diablo fast we tore them up a few times what a rush...:cool:

More tomorrow...:)

9. 12097

12097 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2007
    Regina, Canada
    That was a great time yesterday.

It's always nice to see enthusiasts get together.

It was wonderful to see the Spyder out on the road. (But, real men would drive with the top down even at +2 c. LOL)

Sorry you couldn't make it out for this mornings cars and coffee. We had a great breakfast and a little bit of a drive after.

10. ilrglen

ilrglen Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2005
    Yorkton, SK, Canada
    Full Name:
    Glen Kohut
    Phil

Please contact me A.S.A.P. if possible. I would love to photograph your Diablo for my upcoming book, next Sunday afternoon if you are available. Let me know.

Glen

11. ilrglen

ilrglen Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2005
    Yorkton, SK, Canada
    Full Name:
    Glen Kohut
    Darren,

Sorry I missed your call yesterday. I'm still working on the house renovations as must have been up in the attic when you called. Next time.

Glen
    --------

12. Zapper

Zapper Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2008
    Regina Sask
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Glen, PM sent :)

13. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Sorry I didn't make it..:( I tried but 9 a.m was just early for me I looked at the clock and said " just 5 more min" next thing I knew it was noon..:D

I took the car out today to my brothers for Easter dinner and after the fine feast a couple of us went outside to look at the car and there were all the neighborhood kids looking and taking pics of the car I ended up taking a few of them for rides, they loved as much as I

On one run I took my nephew for a rip this was up in the north end of town where there was a good open stretch of road just on the outskirts of the city, I opened her up we hit 110 mph in seconds that's when I noticed the Police car on the opposite side of the road parked , (BRRRRRREEEEEAAAAAAK!) and we cruised by at speed limit we could see she was on the phone and was just glaring at us knowing she missed out on a good ticket....:cool:

What a good Easter I'm very thankful...

14. ws2001

ws2001 Rookie

May 8, 2006
    Since you're new to the F-car world, you might want to research a bit on the ZR boys out here and what happened with them bragging on the internet (in the form of video, but still) about reckless driving in exotics!

Saw the leader post headline on the weekend had to do with potholes. Hope y'all don't bugger up a rim on your winter cruises!

15. ilrglen

ilrglen Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2005
    Yorkton, SK, Canada
    Full Name:
    Glen Kohut
    I've been with ZR and the guys on several runs and even those my first time out was a bad experience (we hit a deer) I have to say that I do trust their experience and judgement. A lot of them, if not all, have taken many driving classes and they can outdrive me. I would nver be able to keep up with them, but then again, they know the roads out there better than I do.

Glen
    -----

16. Zapper

Zapper Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2008
    Regina Sask
    Full Name:
    Phil
    WS2001

You must have a hate on for us in Sask, did you have a bad experience here?
    Do you really think we have that much difference in weather than Alberta?
    And you must think everyone is poor here, maybe you moved away because no one would hire a person like you!
    Just so you know there is hardly any snow here and it is now spring. Winter is pretty much OVER!
    Also, as you do know, city roads are not that bad, there are virtually no pot holes, jezz get over your hate on for Sask!
    I really think you are askin for a argument just trying to piss people off!

IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY THING NICE TO SAY, DO NOT SPEAK!
    Not one of your post have been nice or polite. Can the mod do something with this guy?

17. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Hi Phil, I strongly suggest that you add both him and "dakar" to your ignore list. Please keep the stories & pics coming. You and the other guys have the best thread going here in the Canadian section. The cars look hot and you guys are obvious car nuts so thats all that matters. Forgettabout these guys! :)

Don't let it get to you. He obviously has nothing better to say. One more bad post and he'll get a time out just like the other guy did. Deal?

Cheers,

18. Zapper

Zapper Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2008
    Regina Sask
    Full Name:
    Phil
    #118 Zapper, Mar 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Cool will do, thanks :)
    Here is a pic from Saturday with the jag club.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    I knew I missed a good time looks like that pic needs some red in it...:D

Hey Zapper are those guys back on the thread try ignore it's a wonderful thing..:p

Thanks Vasco we figure per capita we are going to have the most exotics soon...:D:D

20. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    I was in Calgary when some of those boys were arrested and cars impounded the general conception was that they got the short end of the stick the arrest were valid but they were being grouped with the street racers, cars that are modified to go fast but usually are so ****ty at stopping or cornering and end up killing themselves and others on the road, that month was especially bad something like 4 fatalities and others injured. After it aired I was out on the town and this was a hot topic and the majority of people were on the side of the exotics they knew that these cars crash few and far in between.

But they still thought posting a video of themselves going fast was pretty dumb.

Hmmmmmm probably as dumb as me saying how fast I was going....:D if there are any officers reading this I have been known to lie about my speeds...:p

21. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    HA HA HA "conception" I love it, I have got to stop posting at 4 in the morning.....:D:D

Make that consensus..............my bad..:p

22. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Went by Precision today after I was informed by Darren of a new toy in town and sure enough 91 metallic blue Diablo, very cool color and nice rims

I have some pics but I want to talk to the owner first before I post.

23. Zapper

Zapper Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2008
    Regina Sask
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Roberto your car looks nice all polished up :)

24. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Did you get a chance to check out the Blue Diablo?

Are you or Darren going to be out on Sun?

I hope it's nice out I want to drop the top again so I can listen to the engine...:D