The Saskatchewan/Manitoba thread! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The Saskatchewan/Manitoba thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Night life, Feb 27, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zapper

Zapper Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2008
    Regina Sask
    Full Name:
    Phil
    To any Exotic owners in the area of Regina.
    Is there ever a "Coffee & Cars" get together?
    I think once the weather is better maybe we should have a little get together at a Tim's, Robin's or Starbuck's,
    any one up for something like that?

Phil

2. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Great idea count me in

Of course with the size of Regina we could probably hit all the coffee shops in one day ;)

Ps my car just arrived WOW I mean WOW! I will post pics tonight but check out the 348/355 thread

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188339

3. Zapper

Zapper Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2008
    Regina Sask
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Congrats, hope to see it around soon, well as soon as the weather warms up :)

4. 12097

12097 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2007
    Regina, Canada
    Congrats on the new arrival.

Cal mentioned that you stopped by his place.

He apologised for the drool marks.

Give me a call when you get a chance.

D.

As a side note, I usually get together with the guys from the local Jaguar club on Sunday mornings (about 09:00)
    We meet at Melrose North except the first Sunday of every month when we meet at Starbucks in the South end.
    They are a great group of guys and gals, and the club structure is very, very informal, and they even welcome non Jag owners.

Check out Jagnuts Regina on the web and double click on past events. You should recognise some local cars.

5. ws2001

ws2001 Rookie

May 8, 2006
    I wonder how come there's so many exotics in formerly poor Saskatchewan? What's changed? Voted out the NDP and everyone is rich now, or are y'all feasting on the echo boom in real estate. Has the economy really improved that much under Mr. Wall or is there some people enjoying the ATM built into their houses? Might be some cheap cars when the bubble pops?

I just hope you're running snow tires!!! hahahahah

6. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Your last two posts regarding this subject are soo full of energy! It's great!

7. Zapper

Zapper Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2008
    Regina Sask
    Full Name:
    Phil
    The government is better now but in my case it is just called a business owner that has been working so hard for so long is now enjoying some that hard earned money :)
    Life is too short to always work work work.

8. 12097

12097 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2007
    Regina, Canada

I consider myself to be a lucky (and hardworking) person.

I have met a number of GREAT people as a result of my enthusiasm for all cars regardless of whether or not they are exotic.
    While these folks may come from diverse backgrounds, they share a common thread in that they are genuinely happy to share in peoples success.

Unfortunately, during this time I have also met people I would refer to as "haters". Whether it is through ignorance or jealousy they make inappropriate comments with little true knowledge of a situation.

So........
    which category do you fall into?

9. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    I have lived in this beautiful city since 76 and never in all that time have I seen people advertising for employees using giant billboards, road signs, I actually came across a professional recruiter for a small local business.

There are so many jobs to be had here I can't find a busboy if my life depended on it cause Tim Horton's is paying $13ph with hourly bonuses, some 24hr McDonald's have to close for 8 of them, the economy here is quite strong and getting stronger by the day.

And as the other gentlemen stated WE WORK OUR ASSES OFF we have to other wise we would freeze..:p

And keep in mind our exotics cost less than some new domestic cars doo, they just look 10000000 better...;)

10. ws2001

ws2001 Rookie

May 8, 2006

I guess that makes me hater. I hate that successful people keep leaving your province, including the nice Mr. Austin fellow and the mvp pivot. I hate to see a classic exotic driven on salty roads. I hate to see them shipped outside of enclosed transport. I hate to see people bragging over "exotics" that cost less than some new domestic cars. When there's a new 430 or a vintage 275 or something similar to get excited rolling around saskabush, then I suppose you will have made it, but by then you might not want to shout it out to the world. There's a couple brand new planes at your airport that are worth way more than a 10 year old f-car... wonder where those pics are? Is "the vag" still the car theft capital of Canada? I might not post my subdivision and pics of my cars/neighbours on a public forum. It's good to see that the gap is prospering after year's of commie rule. Hopefully they can scrape together some money so you actually have some roads worth driving on?!? Course, you can come always come west and enjoy our fine mountain roads!

11. ws2001

ws2001 Rookie

May 8, 2006
    Oh and n.life, is that the warehouse condo building that looked like it was bosnia'd a few years ago? It's been a while, my geography might be a bit off. Car looks nice, but the arm candy's better

12. Zapper

Zapper Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2008
    Regina Sask
    Full Name:
    Phil
    WOW, I think you woke up on the wrong side of the bed!
    Well you did make your point, you are a hater....... or just jealous of someone else's good fortune.
    I am pretty sure you are going to get a warm reception here before you get banned!

By the way I am going to be taken my Diablo out today, hope you don't like it!

13. Samimi

Samimi Formula 3

Oct 17, 2005
    North of the 49th
    Full Name:
    S.
    Congrats Rob!

What was in the white carriage the truck was carrying behind it?

14. shross

shross Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2005
    Calgary, Alberta
    Zapper,

Are you aware that the President of the Lambo CLub of Canada lives in Regina? Check out:

www.lamborghiniregistry.com
    www. lamborghiniclub.ca

15. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    congrats on finally getting your wheels! I was so excited when mine showed up that only two pictures worked out of the dozen I "thought" I took.

16. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    And you came to Ferrarichat instead of AviationChat and BlingSUVChat to dump on someone who's excited about finally receiving his first Ferrari? A little snow isn't going to hurt it. surprise: these cars are meant for driving - and I'm sure Night Life isn't about to abuse his car in the salt and snow as you suggest. He just got it today, give the guy a break.

I believe your our first Canadian (?) who's definition of exotic is the $400k+ models that only gets driven to car shows and polished by the help the rest of the year.

17. 12097

12097 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2007
    Regina, Canada

The question was a rhetorical one. I thought you would understand that. Evidently I was wrong.

If you don't like this province, it's people or even this thread, that's fine. On behalf of all Saskatchewan please feel free to.........

Have a nice day!

18. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Gorgeous!!!

19. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Shooter Pisano...congrats on the car....WTF is the story behind the salt and snow on the car ? I thought the car came from Texas ?
    Where did it get driven to look like that.

Enjoy in good health for many years to come, great looking family !! God Bless !!

20. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Sweet, Sweet color combo !! I love the black on red/moroon interior.....great combo !!!

21. 12097

12097 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2007
    Regina, Canada

You are right . It is a beautiful color combination.

22. Dino246gt

Dino246gt Formula 3

Mar 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba,
    Full Name:
    Dennis Ezmerlian
    #48 Dino246gt, Mar 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks, original paint (19K original miles) and red interior, although the interior could use some work. I did replace the woven, dirty, loose, fabric headliner with all new high grade vinyl in the same colour, off white. I did the overhead console matching as well as all parts that were off white. I kept the snaps on the visors with original black vinyl and stickers on the "other" side of them. My carpet is excellent, it's mainly the drivers seat that has the dried and cracked finish, but unfortunately the door panels have been modified in the speaker area. I might get all new red leather seat covers and door panels with original speaker grill detail, but it is in quite fine original condition otherwise. I've replace fuse blocks and added window boosters as well as changing water hoses and a few other minor upgrades new Michelins for the 16" rims, new battery, K&N, UFI, etc. I had it shipped last winter in and enclosed trailer from Arizona. (TRX Toronto) I hope to get together with Manitobans, I know of a few Ferraris and Lambos around the Corydon area, and April is cruisin weather!! Dennis in Winnipeg
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    wow - your work looks great, thanks for sharing.

The B's are my favorites!

24. Zapper

Zapper Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2008
    Regina Sask
    Full Name:
    Phil
    #50 Zapper, Mar 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017