The Saskatchewan/Manitoba thread! | Page 153 | FerrariChat

The Saskatchewan/Manitoba thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Night life, Feb 27, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sarhan A.

Sarhan A. Karting

Sep 22, 2009
    Regina, SK
    Full Name:
    Sarhan A.
    Yes, I do have the same number. I am thinking to start Masters, hopefully by Fall 2014.

Sure let's meet up for a coffee :)

2. cdem72

cdem72 Rookie

Jun 13, 2013
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Full Name:
    Colin Demianyk
    I was on my way back from Kenora to Winnipeg in September and saw a red 360 modena travelling east on Hwy 1 approaching West Hawk Lake turn off. Earlier in the summer I saw a red spider travelling south on Pembina highway on a Saturday mid-day, driven by a mature gentleman and his lady. Just wondering who they might be; I'd like to ask a few questions about owning a Ferrari in Manitoba, if you don't mind? Regards, Colin

3. jgmblair

jgmblair Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff Blair
    Call Stef Franz at Eurocars on Marion he will tell you all you need to know about owning a Ferrari in Manitoba. Alternatively, you can ask your questions here as there are a few Manitoba owners who frequent this site.
    Cheers,
    Jeff

4. cdem72

cdem72 Rookie

Jun 13, 2013
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Full Name:
    Colin Demianyk
    Jeff: Thanks for the info. I checked your profile and sad to say, have never seen your TR on the streets of Winnipeg, I'll be more attentive in the future. Looking at some point in the next few years to own a 360 Modena manual, preferably red with shields and challenge grills.

5. Tony Montoya

Tony Montoya Rookie

Dec 29, 2005
    There's a 430 or 458 black Spider, and a 599 in Winnipeg. The red 599 with an offset and bent from an accident looking front plate is a bit of an embarrassment. :)

6. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    #3806 Night life, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. mrhowie

mrhowie Rookie

Dec 3, 2013
    Nice pics from the auction, and nice Shelby. I enjoyed watching some of it on TV. I would love to go down there one year and do it in person.

8. Sarhan A.

Sarhan A. Karting

Sep 22, 2009
    Regina, SK
    Full Name:
    Sarhan A.
  9. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
  10. jgmblair

jgmblair Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff Blair
    I had posted the link to the auction in the 599/612 section and there was some discussion, take a look over there.
    Cheers

11. Gmaccormack

Nov 30, 2010
  12. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    He crashed it on the track in the states? Mpi covers that? No wonder i pay so much for my car

13. Gmaccormack

Nov 30, 2010
    If they didn't charge so much how'd they make such huge premiums surplus each year? C'mon they need that money to fund more dive safe programs like fotoradar.

14. Tony Montoya

Tony Montoya Rookie

Dec 29, 2005
    MPI does not cover track accidents unless it's a parade lap. The insurance on that Ferrari is about 50 bucks more per year than my Honda.

15. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    I didn't think so. so why is it at an mpi auction then? he must've claimed it wasn't on the track...

my 6 year old civic is as much as a 360. ugh.

16. Zapper

Zapper Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2008
    Regina Sask
    Full Name:
    Phil
  17. heps

heps Karting

Mar 26, 2006
    REGINA SK
    Full Name:
    Lucas H
    I think ive posted this before, but ill ask again.

I need a job done on my Porsche. The dealership wants 10 hours of labor to do it, but reading from other owners stateside and their indy shops have charged as little as 3 hours labor to do it ( starter cable replacement )

Is there any shops in Regina or Sask that you guys would recommend? To be blunt, I hate dealerships, I never come out ahead or even treated fair it seems- obviously though right.

Thanks!

18. barryr

barryr Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2010
    Regina, Canada
    That seems like an odd part to replace. How was it determined
    That you needed to replace it?

19. heps

heps Karting

Mar 26, 2006
    REGINA SK
    Full Name:
    Lucas H
    I know. 05-08 911s had weak,inadequate cables from factory that deteriorate prematurely. The car develops a slow crank/start until eventually it doesnt crank at all leaving a guy stranded.

Mine isnt too bad yet, but its something Id prefer to get addressed sooner then later

20. Dbw1

Dbw1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2014
    Currently on California on Vacation and was in a Ferrari dealership today in Newport Beach. Saw a 575m that was quite nice. I have an interest in these cars particularly the 550/575. Doesn't seem to be many with a manual transmission. I plan to get into this forum and may post a question from time to time. Are there many Ferraris in Wpg? Can't remember seeing one. Cheers.

21. 12097

12097 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2007
    Regina, Canada
    Good morning and welcome from the Saskatchewan contingent.

Hopefully the Manitoba crew can answer your questions.

Best of luck on your hunt and please post pics when you find the perfect car.

22. Dbw1

Dbw1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2014
    Thanks. I come down here this time of year to escape winter for awhile and this year with thanks to a good boss I've got 6+ weeks. Usually visit the Ferrari store a couple times and yesterday I was thinking I should get off my caboose and do something about it. I'm going to read the forum, educate myself as to what might be a way to go. The forum has a tremendous amount of good info. Cheers.

23. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    I love New Port, especially Balboa Island, I bought my Lambo just outside of NP in Costa Mesa.

Welcome to the forum, I know there are a couple of Ferrari's for sure in the Peg, I'm sure they will chime in at one point or another.

Good luck with your purchase, is this your first exotic ?

24. Dbw1

Dbw1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2014
    I love it here too. I rent a beach house in Seal Beach. The number of exotics from here south is great. No shortage. This would be my first. No hurry. The hunt is part of the fun.
    Dave

25. Sarhan A.

Sarhan A. Karting

Sep 22, 2009
    Regina, SK
    Full Name:
    Sarhan A.
    Cars and Coffee any time soon ?? :)