The route has been set and it is the best one yet!! | FerrariChat

The route has been set and it is the best one yet!!

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by slm, Jun 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    #1 slm, Jun 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
    The route committe (Mr Parr) has come up with the best one yet. I needed some octane therapy this weekend, so cmparrenzo and daughter, Mr and Mrs RWG0417, and Mr and Mrs NSXER, and myself and Mrs SLM went down to Eureka Springs this weekend and gave the route a trial run. All I can say is, OMG!!!! It is long, challenging, and the scenery is amazing. If you live anywhere in the continental US, you need to join us this year. I would put this route up against anything, anywhere. It is that good. The area around Mt Magazine where we will have lunch is breath taking.

Although a short weekend, we made the most of it. We met up at the Crescent Hotel in Eureka Friday eveing. Mrs SLM and Mrs NSXER both turned green on the way - we took a pretty intense route to get there. Cmparrenzo arrived late due to another altercation with a Ford F150 - license plate : YE - HAW. Saturday morning was spent enjoying Eureka. After lunch we headed south and had one of the most enjoyable drives I can remember. The scenery was wonderful or so Mrs SLM told me. I couldn't take my eyes off the road as we were traveling at warp speed. We stayed overnight at the Lodge at Mt Magazine. Very cool place and highly recommended. When we arrived we found that the Corvette club (12 cars) from Springfield had just arrived. What a great group of folks!! Now, normally it is hard to tell the difference between a porcupine and a corvette owner, but these guys were different. LOL They were true car guys and girls!!! We had an enjoyable dinner with them and for some reason ended up buying them desert. I think they were supposed to wash our cars our cars in return, but reniged as it rained Sat night and they felt that got our cars clean enough! lol Sunday morning we set out with the F cars leading the Vettes. We stopped for a photo shoot and headed back to Eureka with the Ferraris setting the pace. From there everyone went their separate ways. Thanks to Chris, Lindsey, Robb, Lori, Brian, and Kristen and the Springield Corvette club for a great weekend. There are a more stories that I will let others embelish (Brian doing a McGiver impersonation recussitating the Honda, Chris comparing my wife to a Testarossa:), etc)

Hope to see lots of folks in Eureka in September for the Crescent Classic. This will be the best one yet. Pics to follow.

SLM

2. LVMYC5

LVMYC5 Rookie

Jun 15, 2009
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Dean Kroencke
    SLM - We really enjoyed meeting the Ferrari and Acura guys this weekend. My Corvette club really enjoyed talking with all of you. You never can tell, we might show up in September.

Thank you for buying our dessert. We owe you a dessert.

3. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    I hope ya'll do come. Your group would fit in well.

4. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr