"THE" retro GM/FORD/CHRYSLER muscle car poll............. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

"THE" retro GM/FORD/CHRYSLER muscle car poll.............

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Kds, Sep 27, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which American retro muscle car would you choose?

1. 2011 Chevrolet Camaro RS V8

2. 2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0

3. 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Hemi

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Is that the Boss 302 Laguna Seca? The limited edition with stiffer adjustable suspension and a roll cage instead of rear seats?

2. ztunelover

ztunelover Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2009
    Calgary, AB
    Full Name:
    Krish
    Don't know about roll cage but the laguna seca most definitely deletes the rear seats, the standard 302 keeps it. Thats all I know. The camaro for me doesn't need more power, it needs to add some lightness. Oh and lower windows. And GM is still iffy about the z28. So I'm not sure if it's a go yet.

3. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    No question... the 2011 Chevrolet Camaro gets my vote. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

4. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    What they said.

If I had to have a muscle car I'd take the money and buy a real '68 Mustang.

5. ztunelover

ztunelover Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2009
    Calgary, AB
    Full Name:
    Krish
    Now that is a very solid option indeed. You know what I will go along your line, screw the new challenger. Give me my money so I get me a nice 71 challenger r/t. So in that case a new challenger srt-8 mainly because in my local area they seem to be the priciest even in the used car market, sell that, and put it towards a sweet 71.

Yes I'm a bit of a mopar guy.

6. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Big difference between the Boss and the standard GT. I'd agree that the Z is the better experience when compared to the standard Mustang. Not when when compared to the Boss-wait until you drive it-amazing. The Seca is simply at another level-I also agree re: the garish wheels/trim(it doesn't look as bad on the Porsche(obviously what influenced Ford), but its easily fixed.

The Camaro actually handles quite well and disposes of quite a few cars with a better cornering rep-like the EVO and others. The Challenger while not as nimble, is really a very nice car to cover distance in-I saw 174mph indicated on one of our tests and it was stable as could be.

No cage yet, but race style Recaros, extra bracing, adjustable aero and rear seat delete.

Because the new Laguna Seca isn't real? Huh? I've got old and new muscle in the fleet and enjoy both.

Now, you're talking! My Vanishing Point Challenger looks "movie fresh", but has 600hp, a Keisler 5-speed, upgraded suspension, etc. Good times!