The Resurrection of #22579 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The Resurrection of #22579

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by willrace, Sep 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I know that my answer must be somewhere here but I am still struggling to find it. Without re-hashing every detail, correspondence, or expectation may I ask for the following:

1. Purchase price of the car (prior to restoration)

2. Work requested / agreed upon between purchase and your receipt (a basic list)

3. Amount of money spent exclusive of the purchase price from the moment you bought the car to the moment it left the shop (exclusive of shipping charges)

I ask this because I am trying to understand the basics before offering an opinion (I've been down the restoration road before and am in the middle of one now).

Lastly, it seems like you went back and forth a lot and without satisfaction. Now by going public what are you trying to achieve (ie. what is your ultimate goal here?)

2. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Someone has already PMed me a couple of other relevant statutes also.

I'm going to have to do some cleaning of the PM Box.....it's been getting close to full lately.

3. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    You sound like Columbo.

4. willrace

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Most of those answers are contained in the first and second posts; the large sections in bold were bold in the emails, and are direct C&P from those emails, as are all of the emails I have, and will, quote in this thread....warts and all.

Once it was clear to me that I was stuck with what's here, I decided to expose the full chronology of events and the character of someone who would give the same quality of result to any of you, and somehow be able to justify it to himself. As you may have already noticed in the few post-BP emails I've featured so far, there's still an attempt to sell me on what a great job and value this represents, even after clear evidence to the contrary.

Besides, since I'm stuck with dealing with this expensive mess, I'm allowed to be pissed.
    I've more than paid for that, too.

5. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I asked this same question. This is one of, not all, but one of the root causes in this issue. Shame on both parties but it appears that there is not a written and agreed on estimate in this rather fluid transaction.

And I asked THIS same question a while back and warned that taking this tack would likely result in neither party ending up happy.

6. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I do not understand why my three simple questions were not answered with simple replies. What I have seen posted so far seems to cater to the casual forum viewer who will do nothing more than scan through the pictures and draw a conclusion from that. The reams and reams of posted correspondence only serves to confuse things and does not simply answer the basic question of 'what work was done for what amount spent?' From this starting point you can see if you truly got ripped off or if your expectations of quality were unrealistic for the amount spent.

If all you want to do is publically vent then I guess you've done that and we can all get on with our lives. If you are trying to build some kind of case then there are people here who can offer good advice but it is important to try and help them out a little too. I'm willing to bet that there is blame to go around here.

7. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yep, I'd be pissed also. Expensive? Yes. Stuck dealing with it? Yes. Horrid paint job? Yes.

You and I have talked about this job and the quality, or lack thereof. Kurt you know I like you. You also know I strongly suggested you not air this in public because I believe it will not get you to your goal; a nice 400GT. Since you insist on trying this in public I think it is important that you publicly acknowledge you did not have a written and agreed upon estimate. That you may have given less than clear instructions. And that a refund has been offered to you and you have not accepted it.

You know I don't think the work on your car is right but if you're going to crucify a guy in public fair is fair and you need to own up to your shortcomings also don't you think?

8. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    #33 Jay GT4, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
    Pictures have disappeared!

EDIT: I wasn't logged in!

Popcorn in microwave...

9. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    We'll chalk that up to jet lag for now :)

10. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I think the both of you are being a little harsh on the OP.

What we do know is, he has spent 90 grand so far (I'm assuming) he has documentation of all this to a tee, given the emails and details he has posted thus far.

Looking at the pics of this car , even a donkey can see 90 grand has not been performed....asking complete details as if you are lawyers is a bit much don't you think ?

Stop making it sound like he should be made accountable ....if anything all owners when our cars are in the shops are actually held "hostage" you both should understand this.

Stop acting like you know better, cause you don't ! Next time your car is in the shop, just remember you could be in the same boat.

Give both sides a chance to explain.

11. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Agreed Rick. The car is a disaster. It doesn't need a bodyshop...it needs a priest. I thought my back seats were bad...

At the same time would you drop $90K and not even spend a few hundred on a plane trip to see the shop, meet the owner, inspect their work first hand or to see the work in progress?

12. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Before you call someone out you might want to have all the facts. Obviously you didn't read the entire thread. If you had you would have read the part where I said I have been privy to the emails going back and forth between the two parties prior to this thread being started. So pardon me but I have seen the explanations. It is you that hasn't.

13. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    No, what I see is you playing the polictal fence and the candle at both ends.

You can't be half pregnant.

Answer the questions -

Did the OP spend 90 grand ?

Does this car look like 90 grand ?

The proof is in the recipts !

Simple , stop making it complicated.

All I said was don't be harsh on the OP , I'm not calling anyone out - stop stirring a pot that doesn't exsist for me.

14. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yes of course you are right as you always are. After reading your post there is no way anyone would think you were calling someone out. How silly of me to think otherwise.
    (laughing)
    Lighten up boy, and try to keep your eye on the ball. I'm not your enemy.

15. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Of course trying to be condensending when you can't answer direct questions.

I have no dog in this fight, obvious you must.

Good luck with it !

I'm done with this thread, thanks for the detailed facts.

16. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    #41 full_garage, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Very, very tough thread for me to read and try and processes.

I have spent a lot of time talking with Brett, both via PM, email and on the phone. I am almost 100% sure that this car was offered to me when I was in the midst of my 400/412 search. After driving a few different examples I decided to stick with the injected cars, just due to driveability issues- I wanted to be able to daily drive the car.

So with the 400GT scratched I instead bought the white 400i that was the subject of the "Rebirth Auto" threads that perhaps encouraged Kurt to paint his car white.

I purchased this "mostly restored" car for about 1/3 of what Kurt has into this car. While I was a little disappointing at the fit and finish of the car when I received it- it is MILES ahead of this car. The leather work was done to a very high standard- bumpers refinished almost perfectly, nice berber carpet installed nicely... not an "A" but a solid "B+"... A little bit of fettling and detailing and I have a really fine 400i.

With the 400 now safely in the garage I then basically gave Brett the green light to find me a 308GT4 and "sympathetically restore" it for me, knowing that this would be a $50,000 project. The car Brett had in mind turned out to be unavailable and I never heard from him again, so instead I bought a 13,000 mile original car and had Bradan on Long Island restore the car. For a number somewhat south of my original budget with Brett I have a really impeccable GT4. Now it's not apples to apples because my low mileage car needed no major engine work or tranny work, just totally rebuilding the suspension, retrimming the interior a bit and of course a really great bare metal respray. This was done to concours- quality levels, and I' quite tickled to own it!

In all my dealings with Brett he really seemed to "get it". When this car was being assembled I was in the middle of doing some work on my own 400i and Brett and I spoke at great length about the exhaust system on this car, the clutch "feel" and many more items. He told me about the interior coming together and the paint work. I was jealous- it sounded like a great build.

Not sure who dropped the ball here but at least from what has been presented here so far, the cosmetic work is not the kind of work that I would consider "Ferrari-quality".

I've had the chance to speak to a few other Fchatters who have received similarly partially-restored cars from North of the Border, and it seems that there is a real difference of opinion here between the owners and the restorer as to what constitutes "Quality". Don't know what arrangements were made and who is right or wrong, but I know what I can live with, and it ain't this.

The shop who is doing all of my work now- Bradan, has put me through some of the same issues with missed deadlines, but the quality of their work has so far exceeded any reasonable expectations I could have had that they get a pass.

I feel for Brett here and hope he can come on the forum and give us his side of the story. But more importantly I do hope Kurt does forget about the money and gets the car to the stage that he can be proud of it. I know from personal experience that living with these cars can be challenging, but highly rewarding. It always feels very "Special" to drive my 400i, and once the car is sorted and with the benefit of a bit of time... I'm sure it will be special for Kurt as well.

Here's a few of my clean white 400 as an indication of the good times ahead...eventually...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I'm not trying to be harsh on the OP at all. All I am doing is asking some questions to try and understand. Again it all comes down to the purpose of the thread. If he just wants to vent then by all means ignore any interest I have in offering an opinion. If he wants to achieve something more then it will require the answering of some questions to achieve some clarity.

I for one am not passing any judgement here just yet. All I see are some photos, hard to follow (for me at least) communications, and no real objective. To say look at those photos and judge them for 90 grand is way shy of making a decision with the facts. Sure the car is not 100% but dstacy has seen the car, is friends with the OP, and still does not totally side with him. Also there is the info that a refund of some kind was offered yet that was not enough.

Again I say that there is blame to go around here but given the original presentation of information it does not appear to go both ways.

18. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    There is no difference of opinion North of the boarder when it comes to quality. Like you said this ain't it. There are some excellent shops here in Canada and some not so good....it's up to the client to do his homework and find someone who is competent. Again I ask, why didn't the OP spend a few hundred bucks and fly up to see things in person before dropping so much money?

Go banana!

19. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Well I didn't mean to impugn Canada- Just that a few others who have received cars from this shop were less than impressed with some of the cosmetics. I know ZERO details, just anecdotal complaints.

As with anything in the exotic car world- small mistakes can create huge expenses, and the more involved the owner is in the process, the better.

20. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    In this specific case there are lots of posts on FChat saying Granturismo is a good shop, happy customers etc. If those people are not being open, then they do a disservice to all.

There's the rub, how can you tell in advance? By a visit, some chats, some discussions, would previous customers be open with you if you asked about their experience, how do you even know who the previous customers are? Getting references from the shop itself is likely a waste of time unless you get them to tell you who is not happy with the results. How a shop handles those situations tells a lot.

It is clear from other threads relating to some shops in the Ontario region that no one is publicly saying much of anything about problems in specific shops. After a disaster, then it is 'oh of course you shouldn't have gone there'. 12 years ago it wasn't quite so clear who was good and who wasn't. I'm not sure it is easily determined today. I lucked out in where I got my work done.

Other parts of the world have the same challenges, there are good shops were people have a positive experience, and then there are the rest.

Threads such as this provide a lot of useful information, not just about a specific shop but about how the situation got to this stage. I already see a few key things that neither side did (unrelated to the actual quality of the work). Once the whole set of information is before us we can draw conclusions.

Gerrit
    ex-11966

21. willrace

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    1) From Post 1:
    "The Bill Of Sale email (Dec. 20,2010) again confirmed "the purchase price is $17, 500 USD and the current Ontario registration will pass directly from Larry to you"."

2) After my initial PMs, most communication regarding my expectations were further clarified on the phone. The referenced PM, also contained in Post 1:
    "....Basically, a brand-new (upgraded where opportunity/materials presents itself), 30+ year old car that I'll drive regularly...."
    These discussions and expectations were again referenced at the beginning of the 4th paragraph of Post 2's included Time to decide email:
    "....Beyond the Mechanical, I emphasized from the start that I didn't want anything coming back through the paint in a couple of years, such as sanding marks or bubbles from bad prep, which I even had seen on several show cars. I was clear that I didn't want a mega-coat, hand-rubbed, mirror-like show finish, since this was going to be driven, but a good, regular-production finish on a contemporary car...."
    The car wasn't blocked and sanded for over a month (based upon email updates) just for pictures, though the result would dispute that.

3) Ultimately, the direct cost of the car was $89,000, not including the supplied leather and Ultrasuede which brought the total invested to about $91,400. Removing the original $17,500 purchase price leaves almost $74,000 that was spent after the purchase. Even if you start with the $24K surprise to bring the basis up to Brett's now-claimed $41,000, over $50,000 was spent on just the paint/body, interior, exhaust/incidentals, and suspension/brake work.
    This is all laid out, in all variables of cost (both real, and maxxed-out), in the Aug. 31, 2012 Yes, it really is time to decide.‏ email, which has already been referenced in this thread, but not posted yet.
    The conclusion was simple and clear - at best, $15,000 was left for just that suspension/brake work;
    at worst (based upon the actual numbers Brett eventually admitted to), that was $22,500 worth of suspension and brake work.
    Doing much more on the Boxer, including fabrication, custom shocks/springs, ball joints and tie rods, was several thousand less than the above "best case" $15,000 spent on the 400GT's suspension/brakes.

Dave has not seen the car yet, but was privy to emails as an observer after a certain point, due to his significance in the 365/400/412 world (in my view).

Without this thread and the exposure it provides, Brett happily keeps what he's been paid, AND goes on free to do it again.
    As established many months ago, I wouldn't be happy unless this was fixed and finished as it was supposed to be without additional cost to me to address what was so wrong. I even expected to pay for the headliner which had not been specified, as I had been told that it was "perfect", and said that I would at my own expense in at least one of the emails.
    I'm stuck with this, the $5K offered won't put a noticeable dent in redoing it, and though I won't be happy, I'm already feeling "less unhappy" by this, so I ain't done....'til I'm done.

Quoting form the Sept 5, 2012 email Decisions have to be made:
    "....The expected, upcoming "Final Invoice" of $5,000 took this to a tolerable $65K, but could be handled. I don't need to say what would have been expected for another $24,000, but if it wouldn't be justified or acceptable on a $60K car, it certainly wouldn't for $90K...."

Admittedly, there is little in writing/emails regarding the depth of clarification, but what is documented is covered above in my answer to Nuvolari's 2nd question. Without being able to present the verbal information (dozens of phone calls) that further conveyed, clarified, and reinforced the initial written expectations, I must rely mostly (but not solely) upon what is referenced in the post-delivery and follow-up emails, and the weight of the correlating expectations carried by both the originally budgeted $60K in funds transferred without hesitation, and the subsequent additional $5K and $24K transferred, once I'd come to grips with being over $90K into a car budgeted at $60K, that I entered into knowing I'd be underwater but happy at the original $60K.

The refund of $5,000 was insulting, at the least, just given the level of work that now must be undone and redone. It amounts to nothing more than establishing how much of the price paid does Brett get to keep for the result sitting here and in the pictures - give up a little to keep the big payout. I think the word for that is "Hustled", and Brett's months of deflecting and dodging have convinced me that this wasn't the case of "Good effort, but not ready for Prime Time yet" I tried to believe it could be at first. I, too, questioned what constitutes "Quality" in Canada at some point, but don't any more for the same reason, supported by the appall of those Canadians here.

This was never supposed to be a $90K car, but $60K at most.
    Brett was trusted on the board, had shown a great deal of passion and knowledge regarding this particular model, and I flat-out didn't have time to oversee this project, with others ongoing. There's a reason I haven't been able to take a vacation in almost three years now.....actually, several.
    From Post 1:
    "....Most importantly, I had someone in charge of a restoration I didn't have time to oversee, and he had represented himself well as an expert in these cars..."

I was relying upon Brett's growing reputation and evidenced enthusiasm, and posts by satisfied and impressed customers and visitors, some of whom aren't any more, and have contacted me, though you don't see it on the board. There will always be happy customers, but there were no indications of any unhappy, that I could find at the time.

22. willrace

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    #47 willrace, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
    Something I should have mentioned last night regarding communication:
    There was far a shortage of communication between Brett and I regarding my expectations, if anything, quite the opposite.

Even the few initial conversations prior to my decision to purchase #22579 went into such detail as the amount of "orange peel" texture I wanted in the paint. Note the WANTED, not WOULD ACCEPT. I made it clear that I didn't want a super-deep, glassy-smooth show car finish (I've had that, too much trouble to maintain & protect), but what we would find in any new car showroom today, even lowly Hyundai.

I'll accept that in hindsight, I was an idiot for following-up every conversation with a detailed email covering the minutia of everything covered in that call, and requiring a confirmation of that email. However, even if I had done so:
    A) I would have considerably more than the 4 pages of emails pertaining to this project, and more importantly....
    B) The instructions confirmed in those emails would have been largely ignored, as evidenced by the details listed in the April 4, 2011 email (already featured in Post 6) outlining what colors and materials were to be used in which areas of the interior.

To: [email protected]; [email protected]
    Subject: Paint Formula
    Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 17:16:58 +0000

....... to confirm match from the formula.

How soon will you be ready for leather for the interior? Aeristo is holding hides for me, but just called me to tell me that the really black-black ones I liked so much aren't colorfast, or stain-resistant, or........... So, it's back to the Raven.
    Base upon our conversation yesterday, I think we have pretty good handle on the color details.
    A couple of quick decisions after sleeping on them:

Keep the headrests all grey
    Black piping, but only where there is currently piping.....and some of that may go to a different stitching that doesn't need piping.
    Keep the script on the trunklid
    Mount for the trunk and bonnet(?) pulls (beside driver's seat) in black
    Pass side overhead grab handle in black
    Back of bottom seat cushions (seen below the seat back when in rear seats, or when seat back is tilted forward for access to rear seats) in black

Get a firm number on the number of each hide color required, plus the amount of Ultrasuede needed for the upper dash, the rear package shelf, and the next-to-glass base surrounds for each of those.

I should be sending the color card to match today, along with your leather sample sets.​

For those too impatient to wait for those Big Problem emails yet to be posted, compare the above to those results previewed in the ebay thread
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=383619

23. The Don

The Don Karting

Oct 10, 2004
    I am sorry but for all that money that was paid, he should of received a 'just off the production line' car back. Those pictures are just shocking.

24. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    i'm sorry i couldn't personally address until this morning, but i had my Mom in town from BC and excessive personal time on the internet was not polite until after she left this morning.

i still haven't gone through the thread line by line and i will need to do that but, obviously, this is a serious situation that we've been living through for quite some time.

there has been a lot of correspondence between Kurt and i over the past many months and very clearly there are body work issues with the car that there should not be.

furthermore, they seem to be getting worse as time passes, which is very disturbing...but i don't have an explanation for that as i type this.

i pay my employees and my subcontractors well...and i do expect better than what i see in the most recent body work pictures.

having said that, i'm not going to 'hang' my employees or subcontractors 'out to dry'...i need to let them scruntinise the most recent pictures for themselves.

what i won't do however, is have them testify in an online 'courtroom'...the buck stops here.

mistakes were clearly made and i've asked very pointed questions as to why...but there is a larger issue here that concerns communication, budget, expectation and result.

i will not make any attempt to defend the cracks that i see in the body work on the car and toward the end of rectifying those issues i made two entirely fair offers to Kurt.

those offers were not made privately and many respected F-chatters are fully aware of them...but he has rejected those offers to pursue this course of action.

a course of action that would have me pay $15 000 for a bare metal body and respray as compensation for the $6500 (which includes a $1500 windsheild) body and paint job we had done.

that is to say, Kurt wants us to pay for the quality paint job that we were not paid to do, that we did not have the opportunity, budget or authority to do.

and this where the negotiation breaks down...but it has not been a 5 month negotiation...there was no 'waltz'....Kurt took his time and addressed when he had time...

but it was only on August 10th that Kurt made his 'proposal' and 'demanded' $15 000 restitution for the $5000 (not including windsheild) paint job that he paid for.

$15 000 in restituion for the $5000 paint job he paid for...

at this end, we simply can't make sense of it and can only ask ourselves repeatedly how our budget dictated, $5000 body and paint job leaves us on the hook for $15 000...

and as far as we're concerned, it doesn't...and both of the offers made to Kurt would have given him full credit for the $5000 he paid us for the paint job.

beyond that, it only gets more confusing with made-to-order custom parts, missed time 'slots', customs delays and materials provided that were nearly impossible to work with.

so, again, forgive me, as i won't revisit this here...i can't fight this battle in this fashion...Kurt is more convincing and clever than i am...his false Ebay ad, for example.

so, please, take this situation at face value if that is how it strikes you...but i will ask one question...

do you really think that a man of Kurt's obvious intelligence believed that he was buying a 5-speed, carburetted 400 with a newly rebuilt V-12 for $17 500...

or do you think that maybe, just maybe, there is more to it than that ? think about it...maybe there was an advantage in that for him...it certainly made no difference to us...

so, what i will do is post pictures of the project as we performed various work...i think you'll see that it was a little more then the brake and suspension overhaul he mentions...

for example, the required valve adjustment and cylinder head retorque on the new motor after break-in miles or the recalibration of advance curves or carb tuning...what about a complete new exhaust with coated headers, customer centers, new silencers, gearbox service with new input and output shaft bearings, torque tube bearing, comprehensive electrical work, lights, lenses, work to the steering column multi function switches, panel switches, tach rebuild, replacement hand brake lever, serviced window motors, A/C components, cooling system mods/fans, serviced starter and alternator, seats that were recovered 3 times due specifically to the materials that were provided by Kurt, replacement leather costs, sourcing the requested custom brakes lines and suspension bushings, etc. ?

the price for all the work ?

about $41K CAN...

for everything...all parts, labour, all subcontracted work (metal, body,paint, full interior, including replacement leather), all materials (hoses, clamps, adhesives, oils, coolant, etc.), badges, emblems, center caps, hood shocks, replacement leather, all metal and body work, paint (bad example, but still)...everything, all in, fully documented...approximately $41K, for everything but not including taxes, duties, shipping charges or any other 'flow through's' charges such as wire transfer fees, currency conversion costs at the bank, etc.

$41K , for everything we did or had done, all in.

so, yes, if you add $41K with the abovementioned flow through costs and the cost of the car, it equals $89K.

is the picture clearer now ? i hope so, but honestly, there is even more to it than that...

i think the pics will also show that the body work of the car has changed a great deal since it left here, which is certainly no fault of Kurts, but for which he could have been fully reimbursed.

thanks for your time...i'll post pics after i've resized them.

25. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Brett,

I am not trying to add fuel the fire...but I have to ask a question and it is independent of what you said happened, what Kurt said happened, etc but it is a reflection of the final result...

Do you think that the car is worth more than Kurt's original purchase price given the work you guys did? It would stand to reason that if one paid $41K for work done to the car that the car should be worth at least $41K or thereabouts? From the pictures presented I find it hard to believe that this car would be valued anywhere close to this amount let alone if one were to include the original purchased price. Maybe I am wrong or perhaps I am not seeing the big picture, but just looking at it from an outside evaluation perspective something is seriously amiss.

Cheers,

Sam