The Pininfarina Wikipedia Page | FerrariChat

The Pininfarina Wikipedia Page

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Subito Grigio, Feb 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Subito Grigio

Subito Grigio Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2009
    The Pininfarina Wikipedia page contains a long “sortable list” of autos and bodies they built. This list is the first list in the article. The Ferrari Mondial is not on the list. The Mondial is listed in a list of “production cars” later in the Wikipedia page.

If appropriate after a review, will someone who knows how to amend Wikipedia please fix this omission.

SG

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

paulchua likes this.
  2. montagna

montagna Rookie

Mar 14, 2014
    Phoenix, Arizona, USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    I do a fair amount of editing Ferrari-related articles on wikipedia. I haven't worked on the Pininfarina article but I just reviewed the lists you mention. The first list is "A sortable list of complete cars or car bodies manufactured in one of the five Pininfarina factories". You mention the Mondial doesn't appear on this list. My understanding is that the Mondial was manufactured by Scaglietti, therefore it shouldn't appear on this list. The Mondial does appear under the list, "Production cars designed by Pininfarina", which also seems correct. So the distinction driving the difference in inclusion between these two lists is design vs production; the Mondial was designed by Pininfarina but was not built by them.

paulchua and afterburner like this.
  3. Subito Grigio

Subito Grigio Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2009
    That clears it up. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

paulchua likes this.
  4. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    we have a F430 spider it was designed or styled by Pininfarina or was it the brilliant Frank Stephenson ? can't find the specifics ! Anyone know of source ?
    thx ! Jan

paulchua likes this.
  5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Yes!, an interesting side note.

The 456 has the Pinifarnian badging (with the "F" logo) because they built the body along with the design.

After the refresh, 456M, the badge was changed to Design by Pininfarina since the production was moved to Ferrari.

6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I believe both. Mr. Stephenson was employed by Pininfarina and was tasked to refresh the 360.
    Here is a great video of him talking about it.

Cheers