The Ottawa Thread! | FerrariChat

The Ottawa Thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Scuderia_Ferrari, Apr 27, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scuderia_Ferrari

Scuderia_Ferrari Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Saw a Maybach on Hunt Club today, never even thought I'd see one of those around here.

Last week a Lotus Elise, Porsche 911 Turbo Cab, Acura NSX, Ferrari 348, all on Huntclub.

EDIT: I just realized the thread I made earlier (same title) was merged into the Ontario thread, I don't think we should lump all the spots from Ottawa, Toronto and everything in between together, we need an OTTAWA thread

2. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Why? Is Ottawa not part of Ontario? There has been 139 Ottawa threads started and only lasted one or two postes. Just creates clutter.

3. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    There are very few members from the Ottawa region, not enough to keep a constant thread alive...

4. Scuderia_Ferrari

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Yes, but it doesn't help to get it thrown into the Ontario thread where the disussion isn't usually even about cars.

Besides, I live here, and I see great spots every day. I alone can keep this thread alive.

5. Corgi

Corgi Rookie

Apr 24, 2007
    I'm from Ottawa, and have seen a few nice cars.

Bentley Arnage on Colonel By Dr.
    T-Rex three-wheel 'car'
    Ferrari F430- on someone's driveway
    Ferrari Modena- on fisher ave
    Ferrari 348- near little italy
    Ferrari F40- well its from orleans, chinese guy owns it
    Ferrari 550... carling
    Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster - I don't know where it came from, Carling Ave - pothole central
    Bentley Continental GT - driveway
    Lotus Espris circa 1985
    Porsche 911 - downtown
    Maserati MC12

...just kidding about the last one

6. mfait

mfait Karting

Aug 9, 2006
    That's not a real F40, it's a kit car ;)

7. Scuderia_Ferrari

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    The guy that lives across the street from my girlfriend's house in Kanata owns a white Lotus Esprit. He took me threw the car last summer and let me sit in it, new sound system and engine managment screen, and he's put alot of work into the engine. Just saw him take the car out for the first time this year.

8. PapaiK

PapaiK Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    ahh yes, i know this car. Pretty nice!

9. Koenig

Koenig Rookie

Sep 15, 2005
    Ottawa, ON
    Please.... The car you are refering to is a replica of a Koenig Competition, not an F40! The uneducated way to decipher would be to look at the radiator vents in front of the rear tires... the Koenig vents are 5x larger, similar to the Testarossa without the vanes! To the other gentleman.... I am not Chinese, I'm a WASP! heheh! There is an Asian family in Orleans, son & daughter drive 355, with dad driving a 360...maybe he changed up to an F40???
    Sandy

10. Scuderia_Ferrari

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    :O Two 355's and a 360? With the possibility of an F40? WHERE ???

11. Koenig

Koenig Rookie

Sep 15, 2005
    Ottawa, ON
    Damm... his name escapes me at the moment,,, (Alfred??) real pleasant guy, doctor I believe. He's well known in the Ferrari circles. He bought his first 355, only to purchase another, and give the 1st to his son. Father & son track them at Mosport. Story goes that he decided to purchase a 360, giving his daughter the 2nd 355! He has a real nice house in Chapel Hill/Orleans, and built some sort of garage by the living room, so he could be close to it in the winter. Most of what I just stated is heresay amonst his neighbours!!! I chated with him briefly up at Tremblant 2 years ago, real gentleman!
    Sandy

12. Scuderia_Ferrari

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Wow. I wonder how often the cars get out? I have yet to see a 355 or 360 in Ottawa, maybe he just keeps in in Orleans though.

13. mfait

mfait Karting

Aug 9, 2006
    Either way, it's still a replica

I've seen several 360's in town, it's not hard to spot one on a nice day.

Last weekend I saw Danny's 430 and Mrs Copeland's 360

14. Scuderia_Ferrari

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Really? I live around the South Keys area. Bus to school on Bronson everyday, so I spend at least 1-2 hours on the bus everyday and that doesn't include when I go out after school. I sit glued to the window the whole time with my eyes peeled and I have yet to see anything but 348's and Testarossa's on the road. It could just be my luck, but I would't go so far to say it's easy to spot a 360 in town.

And who is Danny? I suppose a member of this board? Could he be the owner of the red F430 I'v seen parked at Sens games? If so... I WANT A RIDE !!! Haha :p

15. I have just purchased a 348 TS and for the summer it will spend most of its time in the 1000 Islands Canadian side. Now if I have some mechanical work done, who has any service technicians that they would reccommend in either Ottawa, of Kingston ( I live closer to kingston)?

16. mfait

mfait Karting

Aug 9, 2006
    I guess you're just in the wrong part of town. I work downtown and most sunny days I spot several nice rides in the market area. Yesterday I saw another 360, an Exige, a CGT and a GT3. Also, on Sunday's I usually spot some nice rides along the parkway close to Island Park.

Danny's F430 is red and has the personal plates "pantuso".

17. Waldoonay

Waldoonay Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2007
    Ottawa/Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Walid Z
    I went out to Rideau yesterday to pick up some people, saw a red 355 on Nicholas, as well as a 997 on Somerset.
    Also I think I have seen the Maybach you guys have seen around Hunt Club a couple of times. It was in the Chapman Mills parking lot (in front of my house) almost everyday for a week!

I don't see very many exotics, but as I need to go downtown more often, I will report with more spots ... and now that I have seen a Ferrari that wasn't at a car show, I will be sure to bring my camera along.

If anyone wants to, I have some cell phone pictures from last year's Ferrari Festival.

18. PapaiK

PapaiK Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Yellow Lotus Elise in Stittsville. Spent a good 10 minutes inspecting it, I love that car!!!

19. Scuderia_Ferrari

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    A 360, an Exige and a Porsche 911 GT3 and Carrera GT !?!?!? Wow, I'm downtown everyday (go to school downtown) and have yet to see anything as nice as any of these cars. Lately all I'm seeing downtown is a ton of Porsche's.

Also, I'm out at a picnic table with some friends of mine the other night right by Conroy, on the subject of cars, when my friend's girlfriend says something along the lines of "Ew, now THAT is ugly, it's so small" I turn around and it's a black 911 Turbo Cab! Hahaa

20. mfait

mfait Karting

Aug 9, 2006
    I guess you just don't have any luck ;)

Yesterday I saw a 360 again, the Maybach and a Ford GT

21. Scuderia_Ferrari

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    A red with white stripes Dodge Viper GTS on Hunt Club yesterday at around 6:30. Traffic was HORRIBLE. I heard it gets damn hot in those things, not to mention shifting in and out of first every 30 seconds due to stop n' go traffic.

22. Scuderia_Ferrari

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    White 911 GT3 (996) On Huntclub.

23. Waldoonay

Waldoonay Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2007
    Ottawa/Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Walid Z
    I think I saw a Viper down Merivale, however I think the one I saw was blue. I also saw an F430 downtown last week, It was outside a restaurant parked on the sidewalk. It looked beautiful.

24. Scuderia_Ferrari

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    I'v seen several Viper's in Ottawa;

SRT/10 Coupe - white / blue stripes
    SRT/10 Roadster - red
    GTS ACR - red / white stripes
    GTS ACR - yellow / black stripes
    GTS - blue / white stripes
    RT/10 - copper

25. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Wooo guys just because you made it into the Stanley cup Finals doesn't mean you get your own Car Spotted Thread. Toronto has more and better spots and it's crammed into the Ontario thread so why can't you guys?

P.S GO DUCKS GO :)