The Ontario Thread! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

The Ontario Thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ClassicFerrari, Feb 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Lucas, the best thing to do is come down to the "HUB" You can kill a few birds with one stone. Here's how you do it. World Fine Cars is on 520 Kippling South of The Queensway THEN just around the Corner you have Leny's AutoMega for another small assortment of luxury and exotic cars, THEN you go around the Corner of Islington and Queensway and come and see my small small selection (Once I get the above mentionned cars in at # 1049 The Queensway) THEN you can go up islington to Norseman (make left)and visit Autoforum. Last but not least you can go see Caliber back on the Queensway cwhich is west of Islington.

I kid you not, all those places are no more than 5 or 10 minutes from each other. You can ask anyone here who know's. They are almost grouped together. You wanna get technical? On your way back along The Qweensway JUST before you get to the 427 (Sherway Gardens) you can go see the boys at MVL Leasing, always an impressive selection of cars too.

Hope this helps. Pardon the grammar. I was babbling again.

Cheers.

Vasco.R

2. MuJo

MuJo Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Joel R.

Thanks moocho.

3. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    Thanks for the tips Vasco! I've only known about Calibre, so it looks like I'll have to do some more exploring in that area.

Back on the topic, over the past few days I've seen a pair of maserati's and a pair of 360's: the red spider in the other thread, and the light blue coupe that is ALWAYS on the road.

4. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    No worries. Enjoy your trek guys.

Vasco.R

5. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Red Boxer BBi coming out of service at Peninsula Imports today. They also had a black 456 in service, and a red Countach 5000 out front.

6. KoenigFerrari

Feb 16, 2004
    Vasco,

All those dealerships selling exotic cars, including yours in close proximity to one another in the same neighbourhood area. I bet that's one hell of a tough competition against one dealer against another at each other's local backyard! Do you guys ever get into a real fight in dealership turf wars, just like what they show in the movies? *LOL*

eg: "HEY YOU!!! THAT'S MY CUSTOMER!! STAY AWAY FROM US YOU %#@^$^!!!" or "HEY GET OUT OF OUR TURF OR I'LL SMASH YOUR CARS TO PIECES!! I'll BURN YOUR PLACE TO RUBBLES N ASHES!!!", etc.

*LOL* (Just kidding!)

Patrick

7. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

HAHAHAH Patrick, I think you are watching too many movies. But it's not all picture perfect either. Most of the well known guys have big ego's and old school attitudes. Meaning they are stubborn at times but that's cool - my Dad is the same way. So YES, these dealers say stuff about each other etc. But over all everything is cool with each other. There are times when people's feet are stepped on and customers are stolen so to speak. But its all give or take.

These dealers being all close together doesnt mean anything negative. You look at our friends down south and there are alot more dealers and alot closer together and they make money. When there is alot of action and hype it equals more business. Another factor with the exotic used and highend luxury stuff is that it all depends who has what at the right time right price. Keep a good rep. and they are ok. Just like they say, there is only one identical used car.

I myself starting out for the first time on my own I am a firm believer of customer satisfaction and being straight up. Why not, I guess it's just the way I myself would like to be treated. Treat people right, have the right cars, decent prices and never cut up your fellow friends at other dealers. I have talked alot about other places I've worked at and never said a bad thing. Look at my past posts with me babbling.

IF ALL ELSE FAILS.......

I will call you Patrick and we can kick somebody's ass together just like Jackie Chan. Is that cool with you man?

Ciao.

Vasco.R

8. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom

Thats my shop. Just finished the 456 today. The countach has been done for a while now. Owner does not seem to interested in picking it up. The BB512i was in for timing belts and a few other little things. You may have seen me driving the car depending on the time you saw it leave.

9. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Yeah, I saw you worked there, but couldn't think of a non-chalant way to say, "hey, get Tom out here, I want to meet him because I know him from a website" without looking like a wierdo :).

What's sad is that the Countach owner doesn't seem interested in fixing the cracked wing either, or all the peeling black paint over the engine bay, and the notably shrinking dash. The seats looked great though, FWIW.

But ooh, to drive a BB...

10. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

I know, I can only imagine driving the BB. As I have mentionned, I may have a 1980 Carbed BB coming in for sale so maybe I can sneak a quik ride in it. Well see. *sigh*

*drroooling* just thinking about it.

Vasco.R

11. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I'll come and pose as a buyer if needed ;-).

12. rayman167

rayman167 Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2004
    #87 rayman167, Apr 9, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Sweet Cabby Rayman!

Yesterday's weather report for Bloor Yorkville................Twin Turbo, Turbos and more turbo's. Paris Hilton chicks in 911 Cabbies and more turbos! A sweet Bentley Azure which is ALWAYS A pleasure for me to see
    ;-) Can you say chaaa chinggg $$$$$.

Did I also say I saw a twin turbo porsche? *sigh* *boring* Oh how about a Cayenne Twin Turbo......funny thing was....it was right in front of a 911 Twin turbo!!!! No joke!!!

****!!! Does everyone have a twin turbo except me!!!!??? I WANT ONE TOOOOO. But please make it a 993 911 Twin Turbo *droooollll*

Sorry boys, no f-cars to be seen. Maybe today!

14. rayman167

rayman167 Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2004
    today???are the shops open?

15. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

No, this was yesterday. I don't think the shops would be open. But yuo never know. Its still nice to go either way. Im sure there are alot of nice cars out today.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!

Feliz Pascoa!

Vasco.R

16. audionut

audionut Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Adrian Low
    Just came back from Yorkville 500, and saw mostly Porsches, Boxter and 996. My wife and kids were disappointed and said "nobody drives cool cars like Daddy's!!!" YESS!!!

17. audionut

audionut Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Adrian Low
    Incidentally, weather report calling for 7 degrees Saturday...methinks the bad TR Twin Turbo needs some exercise! Vasco, are you working tomorrow? Is the shop open yet? Want to swing by and say hi.

18. MuJo

MuJo Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Joel R.
    Did someone mention Paris Hilton......

The real deal even in Lambos too!

19. KoenigFerrari

Feb 16, 2004

Vasco,

I think what you are doing and how you treat your customers is very cool. I like your style in honest business dealings with customers. I honestly don't like pushy sales people trying to rip us off in crappy lemon cars, then when we find out the truth, they tell us to get lost. Those guys must be very desperate in trying to make a buck out of it, without respecting their customers. Customer satisfaction is always very important in any businesses we deal with, in order to have customers keep coming back to us for more services to meet their needs.

I wish you all the best and success on your own business!

Hahaha!! If all fails, I'd be happy to join you in busting someone's ass, pure Jackie Chan style!! We will need to wear lots of body pads to do those Jackie's style stunts! If Jackie's Kung Fu style does not work for us, we'll have to hire Steve Seagal, whenever he is in town! *LOL*

Take care and Happy Easter!

Patrick

20. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Patrick! Thanks bud, I really appreciate the nice comments. I will try my best.

Adrian! I may or may not be at the office Saturday. I am afraid that I will only be at the shop Monday possibly only Tuesday. With these holidays and being Portuguese , I think I will be home with family and eating my ass off hahaha. My brother and I just bought a Harley so I think I will spend my holidays detailing it with him.

Live to ride babay! LOL

Cheers,

Vasco.R

21. audionut

audionut Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Adrian Low
    No probs vasco, enjoy your weekend. I'll be away next week so I'll catch up with you when I get back. Will try to meet up with Martin in Florida and check out some of his cars.

Looking good today...methinks the black beast calls....

22. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    Rayman, AWSOME PICS!! I couldent imagine seeing a Phantom, Vanquish, Arnage, and a Mabach on the road! Me and my dad drove past the new Budds BMW last night (2:30) on the way to dropping my brother off @ the airport (the lucky boob gets to go to Bermuda!) but the new car elivator thing there is CRAZY! I wonder how they get them up there? I also drove past lookwood dodge, and they had a black Viper SRT/10 and a White crossfire in there showroom:)!! Lastly, there was absolutley NO traffic on the highway, until this black Porsche Turbo SCREAMS past us going at least a buck 60!! Hopefully i can bribe my parents into taking me 2 Toronto soon, im missing out on all these awsome cars! Thanks again for the pics!

Lucas