the official VEYRON thread | Page 2 | FerrariChat

the official VEYRON thread

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by Miura Jota, Aug 29, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Someone answer this. In the Top Gear episode in which Clarkson drives the Veyron, the car in the studio has a huge vent behind the front wheels in the fenders. The production cars don't. Was the car in that show not a production Veyron? Any more changes done to it?

2. kovachian

kovachian Karting

Jun 27, 2006
    central Indiana
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Greatest car of the century huh? That's entirely subjective, I would agree with you and strongly disagree with others but that's only an opinion. The rock solid fact is, it IS an engineering marvel and no kit car company on this godforsaken mudball cold Earth would have the resources to produce something of this caliber. There'll always be some badge snobbery in the air anyways. Far as I'm concerned they could've thrown an Audi badge on it and I'd be no less impressed. Even though I'm far from being it's hugest fan, I'll still at least tip my hat off to it.

3. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Clarkson drove a production car across france (or preproduction press car to be precise / the grey car)
    Whilst the silver one in the studio was only a prototype mock up that didnt run.The prototype cars from 2003-2005 had side vents to help decrease buffeting inside the front wheel arch.This problem was solved on the production cars. Tho only other external changes were the addition of U.S. style indicators and rear brake lights.
    Internal mechanical changes, who knows? All i know is the 2003 car was supposed to be allot more hard to handle hence the notorious Laguna seca spin at the montery classics.I'm guessing this car would have been liked allot more than the production car, by all the critics who complain that the production car is soulless and uninvolving on the emotional side.
    Perhaps they should have launched that car after all!

4. Vector-France

Vector-France Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    Monaco
    Full Name:
    fqogil (Gilles)
    #29 Vector-France, Aug 31, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan

Sure that would be good, any vectors there next year? we could go visit Tony and see his yellow car!

6. Vector-France

Vector-France Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    Monaco
    Full Name:
    fqogil (Gilles)
    2007, Vector Anniversary 30th !
    All Vector for Concorso 2007 of course !!
    No, I don't know, I hope, ask to Jurgen ;-)

7. 03close

03close Formula Junior

May 29, 2006
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Toby
    I saw the Cream/Purple Veyron driving around Harrods but didn't have my camera. Prefer orange/black one definately.

Also someone has stolen the RRR's from the back.

8. Vector-France

Vector-France Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    Monaco
    Full Name:
    fqogil (Gilles)
  9. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    You might be right! But (there is always a "but"!)- they made two lightweight versions to be tested on the Ehra-Lessen high-speed track owned by VW. One of it was made in yellow/black. This car was extensivley driven there by CEO and race-driver Thomas Bscher.

Ciao!
    Walter

10. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I agree with walter, you can never say never.After all Thomas Bscher was one of those who pushed for the mclaren f1 gtr racing car to be produced, and he is in charge of Bugatti!

11. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Alan,
    I don`t think that we`ll see a Veyron as a race car entered in an event. But to develop a lightweight version of a car makes only sense for the things to come....! But definitely NOT for the Veryron!

Ciao!
    Walter

12. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    #37 RP, Aug 31, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. walnut

walnut F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2006
    Maryland, USA
    Full Name:
    Rich
    i dunno... i can kinda see a slight difference in the tone of black on the two panels... but it could be my eyes or monitor screwing with me.

14. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Car is solid black, but not from the factory. According to my sources (who knows if they're reliable or not), it is Ralph Lauren's car, and was originally black/silver, as Bugatti would not do a solid color car, and he had the side panels painted black.

15. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
  16. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Oh i dont particularly think it will be a factory effort, more a gentleman racer entry, like the eb110 entered in le mans in 94. I do believe some one will do such a thing. After all isn't le mans bringing back coupe only entrants in a few years, hence the soon to be, carrera gt based Porsche 911 gt1.
    I believe the intention is precisely to have cars like the veyron, koenigsegg, zonda etc enter.
    Although i know it was tried before and didnt really happen to the extent people had hoped for.
    Plus if your going to race a veyron at le mans you're either going to have to stop every 5 laps or so, or get a bigger tank!

17. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Oh! I really appreciate that
    that's my favorite Veyron by far ... (cream & burgundy)

I guess that must be a one off color combo

P.S. interesting to see a french guy named after an american car (VECTOR)

18. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    vector-france is probably the worlds second greatest vector fan.The first being vetorfiles,a german guy!

19. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Wow! that makes it even more impressive
    I've always find it difficult to understand
    why american guys enjoy bashing american cars
    currently it's a popular sport "TO BASH SALEEN"
    and everytime I read that crap I think those cars are better appreciated in Europe
    "THE NEIGHBOR'S GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER"

20. Vector-France

Vector-France Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    Monaco
    Full Name:
    fqogil (Gilles)
    Miura Jota, If I were to name me "Renault France" or "Peugeot France", it would be ridiculous.............. in France.

I knew the Vector mark in 1982 and since, I like much this mark, his cars.
    I created a French Fan Club in 2001 and for to make known Vector Mark in France, the best was Vector France.
    And I collect all on this mark.

But, you can to name me : GILLES, my first name !! ;-)

21. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Really great article on the Veyron in the September issue of British magazine CAR.

22. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    There's an even better article in the current issue of evo magazine , a group test of a veyron, enzo, carrera gt, and a zonda, driven across europe together, Highly recommend it.I guess you guys in the States should be getting that issue soon.

23. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
  24. jorge.rios

jorge.rios F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 2, 2006
    Monterrey
    Full Name:
    Jorge
    I read that article on the mexican CAR editon and it was awesome.
    I think it is the semain article.

25. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.