The Official Tuscany 2006 Thread! | FerrariChat

The Official Tuscany 2006 Thread!

Discussion in 'Europe' started by maranello71, Nov 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    Hello everyone, I have already received 4 confirmations and 2 "almost-confirmed" for next year's Tuscany Trip, to be held between July 8 and July 15, 2006.

I have decided to follow the advice of an F-chat friend highly experienced in these matters, regarding the reservation fee. It will be 100 Euros per person, as I said before. Of these, 20 will be used for various organizational expenses. The remaining 80 will be returned to you in cash at the beginning of the trip. Any residual from the organizational expenses we could use to buy drinks all together. According to my friend's past experience, this clear approach will avoid confusion and misunderstandings.

For British participants: you can alternatively pay me 67 pounds on my English account if you want to avoid inconvenient exchange rates.

I will supply account details via PM.

Andrea

2. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    Here's again the summary of the proposed trip. To see pictures of the last editions, look here: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65452&page=1

1) We'll meet in Switzerland (Lake Constance) on Sunday July 9, 2006. This will give you time to travel from England on saturday. I will book hotel rooms for saturday night for those who wish.

2) Travel to S. Margherita (Liguria, near Portofino) going first through the Swiss mountains (Julierpass, St. Moritz, Malojapass). If we leave early on sunday morning we'll be on the seaside by late afternoon. We'll get to drive the fabled A7 motorway between Milan and Genova - the last 70Kms are just like the Nürburgring, and just as challenging (ask Wolfgang about his experience in the '03 tour... :)

3) We'll spend a couple of days enjoying the sunshine and the beautiful surroundings of Portofino and the Cinque Terre. This will be a relaxed break from driving (the cars will stay in a safe hotel garage).

4) We'll drive to Tuscany, to a beautiful farmhouse with a view on S. Gimignano. We'll then spend the next 3 days driving around the wine-producing areas of Montalcino, Montepulciano, etc. The drives in the Tuscan hills are amazing and you can either take them as an easy cruise or drive at full blast - your choice.

5) We'll head back north through the famous Futa Pass (Mille Miglia route). For the final night we'll stay in the Italian Alps to taste a different kind of Italian food and wine. The roads are also beautiful, and we may meet with the local Ferrari club who are very active in the summer.

This will take us to saturday, July 14. From here you can choose whether to stay another day in the Alps, drive somewhere else or simply go home!

The whole trip will be relaxed and informal. You'll be free to join us in our proposed tours or to follw your own wishes. The same applies to the driving style - we don't want to force anyone to drive faster than they feel comfortable with. I'll issue a road book so that you'll know exactly where to go even if some of us drive away at high speed!

The account details for the reservation fee will be sent in the next few days to all those who send me a specific PM.

Don't forget - only the first 10 participants get to stay in the main Agriturismo in Tuscany, late joiners will have to stay in alternative accomodation. So, book soon!

Andrea

3. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Sounds great Andrea. As always.

I think because you cut and pasted the last post you've now got two versions of what happens with the deposit...dinner for 2 at U'Giancu and/or 80euros back 20 euros for sundries. I think the guys and gals will want to know which one.

I also reposted some of the pictures that were lost from the very first FFOS Tuscanny trip. Some of Wolfgangs are still lost but there are some good 'uns there.

Cheers
    Simon

Tuscanny 2004
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19082

Tuscanny 2005
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65452

4. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    Well spotted Simon... always my ultra-efficient PR agent :)

Now it's fixed.

5. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hello Andrea,
    thats a brilliant idea and I`m very happy to pay you my Euro 20,-/ 40,- for all the organisation.
    I know, there is a lot of work & trouble behind the curtain till a Rallye is perfect organized. xx phone calls, fax, personal visits of the hotels, pre-driving some roads and lots of time.
    Thanks, thats very fair.

Wolfgang

6. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    So the updated list of participants is:

Andrea + Rachel - Organisers, F550 - CONFIRMED
    Simon + Tanya - 328 GTB (or F360, or 512TR, or... or...) - CONFIRMED
    Wolfgang + Anja - Testarossa - CONFIRMED
    Ton + Veerle - Testarossa - CONFIRMED
    Mark C + Katy - F575 M
    Kevan + Linda - 456 GT
    Marc H + friend - 328 GTB
    Patrick + ? - F355 GTS

As I receive your reservations I'll write you down as "CONFIRMED" - and remember, only the top 10 get in the A-list... :)

7. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    I thought that I confirmed! :)

8. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    There you are!

9. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Thanks Andrea!

10. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Andrea,
    payment just online done! Please check your mail box and (tomorrow) your bank account.

Wolfgang

11. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Same here!

12. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Andrea

Katy and I are definitely coming, Please could you pm me your UK account details and I will pay immediately

Looks like ofr the moment i will still have my 550 then rather than a 575 :)

I'm sure Kevan will be along shortly to confirm his participation :)

13. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Andrea

mail received, transfer made, I've started packing the bags already :)

14. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Yes finally here - sorry went to see Tracy Chapman yesterday in Brighton so didn't get back till 1am.

PM sent Andrea confirming participation.

Looks like a great trip - can't wait.

Thanks for all your efforts - Kevan

15. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    cannot wait - this will be fabuloso

16. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Ah Marc,

We were waiting for you! :) I am also waiting for a sound from Mark P.

17. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    This trip is having incredible success.

We are already maxed out!! I am going to receive or have received confirmations by

Simon
    Ton
    Wolfgang
    Marc "Hedge"
    Mark Collins
    Kevan
    Patrick

I have called the lovely "Poggio Alloro" agriturismo and they can only guarantee 8 rooms - the remaining 2 rooms are always on call for an AMERICAN travel agency that only takes american customers :( :( :(

I will of course accept more participants, but please note that you will have to stay in a nearby Agriturismo (Poggio Alloro can recommend several in the vicinity, and will accept guests for dinner as long as they pay :) ).

No problems in S. Margherita as it's a larger hotel, but there may be garaging problems with more than 10 cars.

Sorry about this, but it seems that the first 8 of the "A-list" are already in!

18. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Great. Does this mean the B list people subsidise our beer and wine? :)

19. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Congratulation Andrea!
    SOLD OUT within a few hours!
    Remembers me the good old time when a Pink Floyd concert was sold out within a few hours.
    I` ll have a closer look and watch @ ebay.com the next few weeks - maybe somebody of the lucky 8 tries to auction a A - ticket:D ;)

Andrea,
    that shows your standing & reputation here and your successfull experiences from the last 2 Tuscany drives. To me still one of the best organized Rallyes I have had the pleasure to participate in 2004.

Wolfgang

20. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    We could use Wolfgang as a joker! When another nice person wants to join us we can send Wolfgang to a farmhouse far far away. :)

21. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    bad boy ton:D do you realy think there is a nicer one around than me? ;)

22. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    The people that run our "A-list" farmhouse guarantee that they can allocate some of us in nearby places which are just as nice (and perhaps nicer!).

The problem is that they seem to have agreements with travel agencies for their bookings, and obviously it's difficult for them to override these agreements.

Maybe they are reluctant to "sell out" the whole farm to a group of noisy 12-cylinders... :D Perhaps they're afraid we'll scare the cows :) Anyway with some diplomacy work (and also by contacting the travel agencies directly) I'll try to wrangle out as many rooms as possible in the same place!

23. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Thanks Andrea! That sounds like a plan.

24. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    deposit sent, see you all in July!!! :)

25. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Andrea

Do you know where we may be staying at the end of the tour in the Italian Alps?

just want to plan our route options on to the Italian Lakes for Kevan and I :)