The Official JPM NASCAR Spoiler Thread | Page 16 | FerrariChat

The Official JPM NASCAR Spoiler Thread

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by GrigioGuy, Feb 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Woohoo!!! Boris will drive the #21 Ford for Bill Elliott (he gave up his seat). Bill was saying it was just the logical thing to do since he hadn't raced road since Sonoma and Boris is still fresh off of road races and the team needs points. :)

JPM so far is 2nd fastest in practice (120.83 mph) behind Tony Stewart (120.99 mph). If only they did qualifying, he wouldn't be starting 18th. Although last time he started 32nd somehow on a road course...

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Montoya qualified 2nd for the Busch race. Last year's pole sitter and winner, Kurt Busch, is the only guy that beat him out for quali.

Edit: This is JPM's last Busch race this season. Ganassi is cutting their Busch program because he has already driven on all the tracks in the season (including the end of last season).

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Man...Montoya had to deal with a lot of idiots that don't know how to road race and now had to dnf. On a restart (after fools kept spinning off-track by themselves), two cars flanked on either side of him both ran into him basically sandwiching his car. They damaged his front fenders a lot and it decreased his lap times because of downforce/aero problems. Now on another caution (more idiots spinning out), he was slowing down for the caution and someone behind him didn't stop and rear ended him sending him into the car in front of him. Caused too much damage and put him out.

4. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa

Makes one wonder why JPM would switch to NAStyCAR with all those "idiots". About a dozen and a half of those "idiots" are ahead of JPM in the standings.

Not saying that they are not idiots. I am wondering with the idiotic driving JPM himself has done on occaision if he not only fits in but is one of them. :D

5. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Montoya pulled across the track on the 6th (?) restart (idiotic driving?) got in a wreck with Kevin Harvik. Harvik stops his dead car in front of JPM. Both drivers out of their cars. Harvik goes over and tells off Montoya (not realizing the some pushed JPM into him). So JPM pushes Harvik a few times. Harvik pushes back. The officials pull Harvik away and tow his car. JPM gets back in the car but can't make it back to the pits and parks it.

BTW Jeff Gordon is the race leader and has led the most laps. Pretty good road racing on supposedly the toughest road course in NAStyCAR.

Fuel is the issue. Will Jeff be able to go the distance? 15 laps to go. Stay tuned. ;)

6. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Not quite a fair assessment there, philly. Montoya got POPPED by Truex under braking, and that spun him into Harvick. It's hard to make a turn with the rear wheels off the ground.

Solid top 5 performance by Montoya until that moment.

7. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Let's keep the propaganda to a minimum here. JPM got plowed. Even after they told Harvick what happened he was still poed. Said on TV he was going to kick his ass. That's $25K.

8. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Yes Truex hit JPM in the rear AFTER JPM darted across the track in front of him on the restart. Truex could not stop...bad brakes or whatever. My take is Montoya precipitated the whole thing by an agressive move late in the race. I don't think JPM has a chance to make the shootout so I chalk it up to "red mist". Went from 6th or 7th to DNF.

Back to yellow from red. Stay tuned.

9. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Jeff's crew chief says he has enough fuel to finish the race.

Drinking and driving. fluid from his drinking system in the radio causing garbled transmissions from JF (why didn't Alonshole think of that during qualifying in Hungary). :D

10. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    JPM back on track 6 laps down in 38th.

JG still first under yellow with 9 laps to go.

11. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    You are allowed to block like that in NASCAR. It's not an illegal move. I've never heard you complain against MS's "der chop" on starts.

12. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    That's kind of what happens when you're given the pole instead of earning it (not his fault, though). Especially on a road course like this will little passing available, but tons of traffic so it's much easier starting from pole. Tony is clearly the fastest driver today.

13. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Crazy ending. Jeff spins out with a little more than 1 to go and Carl Edwards spins off with the last corner left. Jeff finished 8th or 9th and made it to the playoffs. I think Boris finished 14th. Maybe enough points for the #21 car's team points to move from 38th to 35th.

14. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Is Schumi racing today? This year?

Although I signed up for Fchat a year ago, haven't been involved in the Racing & Tracking Forum when Schumi was actively racing. So you are right, I never have complained...but I deal in the present time not ancient history. with my Alzheimers (or is it mad cow disease) I have a hard enough time remembering what I ate for breakfast let alone what happened last year when Schumi was still racing. I think he drove for Ferrari didn't he??? :D

I did not say JPM did anything illegal. I said his move precipitated the accident. it was an accident. Not intentional. JPM paid the price for his agressiveness and ended up 39th and made the highlights for his shoving match instead of his expertise as a driver. Not a good day for JPM IMVHO.

Not a disaster for Jeff Gordon but at least he finished in the top 10, avoided a shoving match and will make the shootout. Rather be in Jeff's position than JPM's. Plus, Harvik looks like a pretty big dude to have upset with me. Does JPM need a bodyguard??? Ha ;)

15. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Rusty Wallace: The car of tomorrow is so bad that it is actually fun to watch in road races. ROTFL :D

16. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I don't know if I would call it an aggressive move. He was just trying to keep his spot and not advance. In fact, he wasn't really aggressive at all today (inside the car that is ;)). He had numerous problems on restarts and lost positions quite often. He did make up ground during the green flags, but wasn't aggressive at all imo. I didn't see anything wrong with his move. It was Truex's fault to go so fast into turn one without knowing how much to brake. JPM was in front of him the entire time from the restart so it's not like JPM cut him off at the last second taking away braking room.

17. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    +1 Precisely!
    Being used by another car for brakes isn't JPM's fault!
    In the end... it's one of those racing things. I regret that I was channel flipping during the Harvick interview.

18. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +2 Harvick is no angel himself.

19. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Reminds me of pro wrestling.

The fans love it.

Tuesday if the day for fines. Any predictions?

20. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    It sounded like it. They were rooting on for a fight. :D I don't blame them. I would've done the same. :eek:

I think Kevin will get fined for saying "ass" on TV and JPM will get fined for pushing Kevin several times like he was instigating it. It did look like Kevin came up and grabbed him, but the camera angle was bad. Juan was losing it after a while when Kevin seemed calmer. After I saw that Kevin was still really pissed in the pits after it happened, I figured they were both equally pissed and Juan was just more physically emotional about it. Maybe Kevin just yelled instead of using his hands.

21. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I agree.

I predict that Jeff Gordon will not be fined (this week). :D

22. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    NASCAR spokesman doesn't expect any penalties to be given. "Ass" isn't against FCC rules so he won't be fined for that.

The article also mentions how Montoya got loose next to Harvick at Daytona, which I remember. Apparently Harvick's crew got pissed and wrote a message on the side of a used tire in the pits for people on tv to see. It said "Keep for 42, go back to F1 so you don't have to race." Freakin' jerks...

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/08/12/jmontoya.kharvick.watkins.glen/index.html

23. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Thanks for the post.

One word about the tire...juvenile.

24. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    The #21 car moved up to the #35 spot from #37 in the owners points so if they just keep their spot, they'll be guaranteed a spot next year. Nice job Boris. :)

25. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Trust me, I look for every little thing to pick on Montoya, but for this incident there is little blame. Just like when Montoya took Pruett out in Mexico, the car in front has little power over what cars do to its tail. That said anytime you go offline, block, brake check, swerve, or any other aggressive maneuver then you need to accept the risk. If Montoya stayed in line and was patient, then he would have finished Top 5.