The official Bugatti discussion thread! | Page 6 | FerrariChat

The official Bugatti discussion thread!

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by Bugattiart, Feb 6, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    So how was the event in Molsheim this past weekend??

2. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    I wasn't there!!!

3. crazynova23

crazynova23 Formula Junior

May 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    So today, at Lamborghini of Las Vegas, there were 3 Veyrons. One white, one burgundy, and one black/silver. The burgundy one passed me on my way to LLV as well, and was amazing. My new goal is to own one in less than 8 years.

4. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Did anyone here go to the "birthday party" in Molsheim? I have been hoping to see photos.

5. stevehuck

stevehuck Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Sterling Hgts, Mi
    Full Name:
    Steven Huck
  6. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
  7. Scuderia CC

Scuderia CC Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
  8. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
  9. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    I don't understand why anyone would rebody a Tipo 57 with a Tipo 57S or SC body, other than to create a fake and get more money for the car from some unknowing suspect.

10. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Personal enjoyment! Also, the owner doesn’t in any way try to put it off as a original.

11. Simon Whittley

Feb 18, 2007
    scotland
    Fantastic pictures - thank you for sharing them.

12. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    Well that's good, but who is to say someone won't try and pass it off as a real car years from now. That's one of the things that concerns me about all of these types of cars..

13. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Thanks everyone for keeping this thread going while I was busy!!! :):)

I don't know if you already saw this thread with my "vision" of a Bugatti inspired modern LM GTP car! Also I would really like to know what you guys think when you see my "vision" .......Does it look "Bugatti"??? Please have a look and let me know your thoughts: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139088 Thanks!

14. baraka

baraka Karting

Oct 2, 2005
    Aix-les-Bains,France
    Full Name:
    François Roux
    #139 baraka, Feb 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This looks like the right place to post the picture i took last summer.
    With the help of Ludmilla owner of the 575 and Fchat member and of Eric happy owner of this 35B !
    Don't they look good together ?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Hi Francois, :)

You could not have chosen for a better place to post that wonderful picture!!!:) What a beautiful location too......in the French alps I suppose???
    Thanks for sharing that! :)

The owner of the 35B (Eric) .....could that be Erik Koux, or is it someone else?? Sorry for being curious!!! :)

Best regards

Carsten

16. Simon Whittley

Feb 18, 2007
    scotland
    yet another great pic - thanks...

Am I right in thinking you can now buy a lot of (replica) parts for GP Bugatti's?
    Ivan Dutton chassis / aluminium body - does anyone have any experience of these?

17. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Hi Simon, :)
    Yes, you're right about that! Almost everything can be bought, although not all the supliers have a good reputation!
    Ivan Dutton is a good guy for sure, and he makes top quality stuff! Many of Ivans parts are done from original casting moulds, and original blue prints/ drawings!!! I would not hesitate to buy parts for my Bugatti at Ivan's if only I had a Bugatti!! Many other companies do Bugatti "replica" spares but I do not know all of them!
    Many of the people I know in the Bugatti world buy all or most of their needed parts at Ivan's and some even had Ivan take care of their cars all through the years, so I know I can recommend this place!!!

Best regards

Carsten

18. baraka

baraka Karting

Oct 2, 2005
    Aix-les-Bains,France
    Full Name:
    François Roux
    No he's not Erik Koux, he's a a member of my vintage car club from Chambéry called " La Manivelle" . He also owns a gorgeous 57. We had a very nice time with Ludmilla who regularly takes her Ferrari 575 for a summer trip in Europe.

19. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Okay,Thanks :)!!
    Sorry again for being so curious!
    If you have any other pictures of the 57 or the 35B, then you're more than welcome to share them here........I LOVE BUGATTIS!!!! :)!

Best regards

Carsten

20. Simon Whittley

Feb 18, 2007
    scotland
    Thanks Carsten - much appreciated...

21. stevehuck

stevehuck Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Sterling Hgts, Mi
    Full Name:
    Steven Huck
    I have been following this thread for a few days and it is getting good. Octagonfox has some good argument against. Seems the ball is back in papalito's court to produce the proof. It is so different from all other Bugatti cars it's hard to believe it's real. Guess we shall see!

22. ZAMIRZ

ZAMIRZ Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Amir
    One of my personal favorites: Type 57C with coachwork by Vanvooren. Originally commissioned by the French government as a gift to H.M. Mohammed Reza Pahlavi, Shah of Iran. After the revolution of 1979, the car was sold for less than $300 and apparently languished in N. America until being restored in the UK to its former glory. It is currently owned by the Petersen Museum, and was on display there a few years ago where I saw it for the first time. Unfortunately, the lighting was horrible when I saw it and I could not get any good pics, these are from around the web...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

License plate reads: 433726

I have read some memoirs of those close to the Shah and it appears this car was one of his eldest son's (the heir to the throne) favorite cars to ride in.

23. rosso_fanatic

rosso_fanatic Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    Long Beach
    Full Name:
    Wes
    Does anyone know if the Type 35B #4868 driven by Eliska Junkova in the 28' Targa Florio was destroyed? I cant seem to find any information about it. Thanks for the help.

24. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Hi, :)
    Eliska Junkova's #4868 was not destroyed! The car is today in the Schlumpf collection in Mulhouse, France! :)

Best regards
    Carsten

25. Scuderia CC

Scuderia CC Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    This Bugatti is the property of the Museum Nationnal de L'Automobile of Mulhouse in France since many years now. Last on August 4, it had left the museum to be present at the Meeting Schloss Dyck Classic Days in Germany. Now it's a Bugatti Type 35A.

See here : http://forum.bugattibuilder.com/photo/thumbnails.php?album=634