The Official Bay Area Ferrari Owners Group (FOG) Rally & Breakfast | Page 3 | FerrariChat

The Official Bay Area Ferrari Owners Group (FOG) Rally & Breakfast

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by RSQP, Aug 4, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    We headed out to Olema from Stinson. Through Pt. Reyes Station. Past the Nicasio Reservoir and then took Lucas Valley back to 101. Very nice run. I think some video will be posted soon. There's interest in a longer run next time, leaving on time before roads get populated and having breakfast AFTER we get some good road time in.

2. Feraudi

Feraudi Karting

Apr 7, 2007
    Joe,

After separating from both you and Josh at Nicasio reservoir, I continued on that newly paved section (maybe 1.5 mile long) between the lake and The Cheese Factory. It's absolutely smooth and fast. Maybe next time?
    Those Ferraris sounded fantastic through Olema. The exhaust tone on those Scuds is unbelievable. Earlier could be very good as long as there is not to much fog.
    Nice meeting everyone again!

3. gavin

gavin Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Gavin
    It was nice meeting all of you and the cars were great. Look forward to joining you on one of your drives. The cars sounded great heading out of the lot.Good to hear you had a safe drive. Gavin

4. RSQP

RSQP F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Beaker
    SUV Highway patrolman? Did you get pulled over?

Great day. Great to meet the new attendees.

5. Moogle

Moogle Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tom
    He was driving around the parking lot while we were parked in front of mollie stones, trying to figure out if we were in the right place...

6. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Cool Video of the drive by Tuan on his website. I'll definitely be making more trips to Marin in the future.

7. Itzkirb

Itzkirb F1 Veteran

Apr 30, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Kirby
    Let me know if you need a co-pilot ;)

8. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    Your photos are superb. Join us with your Gallardo on the next run!

9. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Great drive, great breakfast. I had to peel off at SFD, as I have an extensive "honeydo" list this weekend. Got home at 11:30 even at that.

In a perfect world, I would endorse leaving on time, getting in a good workout, stopping for breakfast and then either getting back home or an optional longer return trip for those who have extra time. I'll work on some routes that meet that criteria.

We had a very nice collection of cars and characters. Looking forward to the next one!

10. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Alright goose, Next time I'll let u know, it will b a much nicer cruise from c valley to greenbrae with u and the G along the way. You'll have alot of great photo ops with this crew. Potential 4 3 Scuds together 4 a drive in the coming weeks.

11. cOrNiZzY

cOrNiZzY Rookie

Apr 13, 2009
    Alameda
    Full Name:
    Cornell
    i would like to make it out one day but i only drive an 05 M3! =/

12. 4RE886

4RE886 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Who's in for this Saturday?! Unfortunatley the twins (Scuds) have other obligations. But let's get the list going so we can make reservations for breakfast. If anyone has ideas for a drive please PM me. Tuan, Albert, Joseph, and Gavin great meeting you guys last week.

Gentlemen also emphatically stamp September 5th on your schedules - we have a stellar drive and fantastic breakfast (Michelin approved) venue already planned! I will PM the details of 9/5/9 to all the guys who have already been out with us in the past. Should be epic!

As for this Saturday we will meet at 8 am, Mollie Stones parking lot at Bon Air Shopping Center in Greenbrae. Hope to see everyone and anyone new is always welcome. Who's in?

13. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    Viewed the plans Bob assembled for the 5th. Sounds fantastic! See you all @ Mollies!

14. Moogle

Moogle Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #64 Moogle, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
    Will be bringing my scud (again) - hopefully this time I will be on time :) Looking forward to meeting everyone.

[​IMG]

15. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment

Very nice! Hope to see you on the 5th, as well.

16. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
    Bob, if you're planning on eating at a nice (Michelin) restaurant on the 5th, we're in. If I'm shooting a video of the meet and bringing my spouse, that will necessitate me bringing one of my other cars and not the 360.

17. 4RE886

4RE886 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The restaurant doesn't have any stars but it is Michelin recommended. If you like eating at Michelin starred restaurants you are speaking my language.

We will keep things simple for this Saturday. Spouses are always welcome. We should try to plan an event when all spouses are present, this would be a lot of fun; we have talked about this - I may need to tone it down with the driving though. ;)

18. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    Tuan, I vote you do the video this weekend (with another car) and bring your 360 for Le Grand Tour on the 5th.

19. Moogle

Moogle Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Just went to Bob @ Autoconcierge for a quick wash.
    Best car wash ever.

20. Feraudi

Feraudi Karting

Apr 7, 2007
    I'm in for the 5th and I should be able to make it this Saturday. I've had quite a few meals at that place and never a complaint. I'll try to get my wife to make the 5th as well.

21. cOrNiZzY

cOrNiZzY Rookie

Apr 13, 2009
    Alameda
    Full Name:
    Cornell
    i would love to join in on the 5th? is bmw's welcome?!

22. EP328

EP328 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Ed
    How would you describe the pace of the drive?
    • Leisurely
    • Moderate
    • Spirited

23. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Between the bicycles, Winnebagos and minivans, we average about 35mph.

24. 4RE886

4RE886 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Who's in for this Saturday?

25. 308gts79

308gts79 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2007
    San Francisco/Hong K
    Yes but on the open road, it is like......