The Michael Schumacher Career/Injury/Recovery Thread | Page 208 | FerrariChat

The Michael Schumacher Career/Injury/Recovery Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by NürScud, Dec 29, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Or they just want privacy. No news doesn't necessarily equate to bad news. It could genuinely mean there's no news. Or it could just mean the family wants to keep it private. Just like my medical treatments aren't owed to anyone in the public, nor are yours or anyone else's, neither are updates on his if the family chooses to keep it private. It's up to them.

william and lorenzobandini like this.
  2. jpl

jpl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Yulee Florida
    Full Name:
    JP Lavigne
    It is a 456GT not a 550. Can’t tell if it is an auto or not, but guessing its a 6 speed.

3. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  4. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    What a wonderful photo, and I remember those times so well, it seems an eternity ago, I bought my first new Ferrari a Black 355 GTB during this period from Ferrari of Beverly Hills and I still remember pictures of Michael in this model. May God Bless him and he gets better. #keepfightingmichael

tonyc, NürScud, SimCity3 and 2 others like this.
  5. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I posted this experience elsewhere and an FChatter suggested I post it here:

Years ago I was at a cafeteria that was located across the street from a section of Fiorano. We were eating our lunch when all of a sudden we heard the F1 V10. Everyone raced out of the cafeteria. We climbed on the roof of our rental car to watch Schumacher testing the F1 car on Ferrari's track. There was a light drizzle as we watched and heard him and that glorious V10 race car at speed around Fiorano. An experience I will never forget and arguably the best sounding race car of all time. I miss those days, the V10 and Schumacher's absence from the world of Ferrari and F1. I found this video that someone else shot at another track but the experience was similar. Ferrari was a very different company back then.

6. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Those were the days. Love the sound.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

tonyc, ExcelsiorZ, Dino2010 and 4 others like this.
  7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Thanks for posting, glorious!!!

8. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Thanks for sharing, epic.

ExcelsiorZ likes this.
  9. Thomas S.

Thomas S. Karting

Sep 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Thanks! Same experience, probably same year, just standing at the fence with my then pregnant wife. Reminding our daughter (who was the baby she was carying) that this moment was the reason why she loves the cars, whenever we sit together in the Ferrari or are at a race track. :)

Hope Michael knows, or realized before his accident, how many people he made really happy at the time...

10. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Weird, and nostalgic seeing MSC on the timesheets again. Really wished Michael could have been in the paddock

11. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  12. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    E60 M5 likes this.
  13. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Wife just fell off a 46 ft Grand Banks boat side deck onto concrete backwards hitting her head, 5 foot plus fall in Ketchikan. Schumacher flashed through my mind, but thank God just a concussion and broken lumbar wings. What happened to our F1 hero is so tragic, like Earnhardt, last lap, last turn, of their biggest race. Tragic.

14. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    can happen anywhere, anytime and when you least expect it.

15. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I hope your wife makes a speedy recovery! Best wishes.

What makes it weird/scary is it's so often these rather small, unassuming falls that can have such dire consequences...

16. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    So true. Tomorrow is promised to no one.

armedferret likes this.
  17. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    So sorry to hear but so glad she's going to be okay. Best wishes to her for a speedy recovery!

18. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Thanks guys for the well wishes, maybe I should not have posted that here, Schumacher is extraordinarily special, but it really did flash through my mind. She must have hit her backside first, otherwise I think it would have been over. It can happen to anyone.

absostone, jjmalez, jpalmito and 4 others like this.
  19. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Fragility is our nature..........

Bas likes this.
  20. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Wayne Rainey is also the perfect example of a dramatic lack of luck..

Bas likes this.
  21. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Michael Schumacher’s wife has offered a rare update on her husband’s condition as part of of a new documentary on the F1 legend’s life.

The seven-time world champion suffered a severe brain injury while skiing with his son back in December 2013 and following several operations is now cared for in private by his family in Geneva in Switzerland.

Details around his condition have been scarce in the years since his accident, but Corinna Schumacher, who has been married to Michael since 1995, has opened up about his health for the new programme that begins streaming on Netflix later this month.

“Michael is here. Different, but he’s here, and that gives us strength, I find,” she says.

“We’re together. We live together at home. We do therapy. We do everything we can to make Michael better and to make sure he’s comfortable. And to simply make him feel our family, our bond.

“And no matter what, I will do everything I can. We all will. We’re trying to carry on as a family, the way Michael liked it and still does. And we are getting on with our lives.

“‘Private is private’, as he always said. It’s very important to me that he can continue to enjoy his private life as much as possible.

“Michael always protected us and now we are protecting Michael.”

Schumacher remains one of the icons of Formula One with his records for wins, pole positions and podium finishes only just eclipsed by current world champion Lewis Hamilton.

Son Mick has followed in his father’s footsteps all the way to F1 and is currently in the middle of his debut season with Haas.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/motor-racing/formula1/michael-schumacher-health-update-wife-netflix-b1916258.html

stavura, jpalmito, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  22. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Having been around long-term care most of my adult life, and having seen people in what could be the once great F1 Champion's condition; saddens the hell out of me. This care for him is true love indeed, there could be no bigger test for the wife and family. Strength, character, loyalty, hope, faith, love, and devotion.

23. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
  24. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    I honestly don't think Carinna will say much on the Netflix documentary as to Michael's physical and mental condition. I don't think Michael can talk.

Much respect for keeping it private....that's the families wishes.

25. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Julie I????

I'm so sorry to hear that. Might want a local Thread of it's own...
    Wish her well and a speedy recovery.