The Miami Vice Thread!! Where are the Fans! | Page 13 | FerrariChat

The Miami Vice Thread!! Where are the Fans!

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Scaledetails, Feb 5, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    While Phillip was a little wooden, I thought Don Johnson brought a level of immersion to his character similar to that which Gary Busey might bring.

One of the original series Scarabs is in our local marina. Its new owner found it rotting in Puerto Banus and worked out a deal with the Arab owner. Brought it back to London and is restoring. Sound of the Lamborghini engine is quite something, and downstairs is like an 80's members bar. All black, deep black carpet with accent lighting
    Will try and dig out some photos.

2. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Yes please post some pics of the scarab.

Regarding the TR without bumpers. They used two real TR's. One for close up shots and one for camera work. The camera car had various bumpers etc removed to attack camera rigging. Then of course there was the pantera for the risky shots.

3. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Very cool, thank you for the info!

Chris

4. henkie

henkie La Passione...
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 13, 2005
    Deil,The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    henkie
    #304 henkie, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Was a big favourite of mine. We visited the US for the first time in 1988 and it was Florida.

The Ferrari thing for me came much, much later. I'd have rather seen American Muscle cars at the time :)