The Massa Sucks Thread *OF COURSE THERE ARE SPOILERS* | Page 136 | FerrariChat

The Massa Sucks Thread *OF COURSE THERE ARE SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'F1' started by Senna1994, Mar 26, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    ROFLMAO :D ... one of the few times when comparing against your teammate doesn't mean anything. The safety car could beat Stroll home :)

Pete

2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    And has!

3. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
  4. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    With regards to the subject title, it is a well accepted fact that Massa obviously sucks. Given that is the case, that makes the Williams a rocket ship car. Imagine how well they would be doing with a top driver in there?

5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    The donkey in the back helps a bit i think....

And yeh if Massa really is so bad ,he still manages to get some decent Qualy and points finishes, actually i think he is doing ok for a pensioner!

6. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    +1

7. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Superficially, that is the case. But what that really means is that the car is way better than it's drivers are showing. Imagine how far up Williams pups be with Alonso driving? Such a shame to see a once great team stooping to these depths with their driver selection.

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    IMO Alonso would have mixed himself somewhere in that train of 6 cars at the start on Sunday. I don't think he'd quite have it a race winning car, but quite likely podiums on a regular basis and perhaps a shock win in the wet (if Verstappen is out ;)).

9. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Exactly. Williams accountants need to take a long hard look at their strategy as the lost revenue (double digit millions) will possibly outweigh whatever papa Stroll is paying them...

10. JWeiss

JWeiss F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2010
    NYC and Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    JWeiss
    Alonso in the Williams = "podiums on a regular basis"? Well, I think that's a bit of a stretch, but maybe. Intriguing idea, though - would love to see it.

How about this for the show - mandatory one-race driver/team swap. Fans vote for the matchups. (Or better yet, just have Bas do the matchups.)

11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Don't worry, Papa Stroll more than paid back those lost Millions....
    Yep I really do think so...We know it's possible to qualify at least 7th with this car (Massa did do 6th twice now but both times because of Red Bull issues), a good start and clever overtaking on the first lap and then defend defend defend...That Williams certainly has the speed in a straight line to defend with ease.

12. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    May be true but there were some geniuses on here pre season that predicted Stroll to show Massa the way.

Massa is doing fine. Not sure why everyone on here hates on the guy so much. Yeah Alonso kicked his ass but Alonso is in the discussion for GOAT

13. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Yes. Williams always bias their car design to be fast in a straight line at the expense of some cornering capability. It suits them well at power circuits. Given how much harder it is to over take with DRS this season, the Williams would be very hard to pass if driven by a capable driver.

14. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    All true and yes I cannot understand why some so hate Alonso. He's just a passionate racing driver.

Pete

15. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
  16. VPX

VPX Karting

Jun 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Victor
    #3392 VPX, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    I thought that MAS lived in Monaco... :)

I saw a brazilian journalist saying that, as an teenager, VER has already poked RAI and VET, but both didn't even cared... That's what I've expected from MAS, given his experience...

17. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    How soon they forget! ;) Sure, he had a good result in Bahrain, helped by Max's retirement... but only one week prior, in China, he was the worst driver still on the track. That was definitely not decent!

18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Exactly !

19. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    He has always sucked in the wet. Nothing new there. That said he will continue to rack up points finishes. Stroll won't touch him.

20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Alonso causes trouble; Massa don't.

21. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    You talk as if Alonso had beaten Massa by a large margin. Alonso was faster, no doubt, but the lap times were very close. Massa in many occasions was faster than Schumacher.

Still, for a pensioner who is beating by a large margin the last European F3 Champion, he is doing very well.

22. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

APRIL 19, 2017

Massa accepts Verstappen's apology

Felipe Massa has called a close to the latest controversy surrounding Max Verstappen.

In Bahrain, the Dutch teenager hit out at Brazil as a nation following a qualifying run-in with Felipe Massa.

Massa responded angrily, and the Red Bull driver duly apologised via social media.

When asked about the apology, Massa said on Tuesday: "To tell the truth, he was hot headed and said things he should not have.

"But I get along really well with him, I have no problems with him and to be honest, I was only playing with him," Massa is quoted by Brazil's Globo.

"And I think he understood, because he apologised and that's the way it should have gone. He's a cool guy, a great driver and I'm sure with age, he's going to get better," the Williams driver added.

23. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

24. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town