The Lingenfelter Collection | Page 34 | FerrariChat

The Lingenfelter Collection

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by nthfinity, Jun 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    sure... not always cars people see in the main building though; a few cool cars have been brought in over the last 12 months to the main building though.

2. jabba

jabba Karting

Apr 22, 2006
    Northeast, OH
    Full Name:
    HR
    Isaac,

Are there more cars that are not generally seen by the public?!

3. XR4Tim

XR4Tim Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Medina, OH
    I may have to try to make it back up there for this. It's turning into a busy month for me.

4. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    How about if we meet for breakfast and drive over as a group?

I would suggest meeeting at 9 AM so we have enough time to consume mass quantities of bacon and other cholesteral-laden foods and still get there by 10:30.

5. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    Great idea Vince!

6. XR4Tim

XR4Tim Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Medina, OH
    Sounds like a good idea. It looks like I'll be able to make it too.

7. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Great! Unfortunately, I cannot cordon off any special parking, but I look forward to seeing as good a show outside as it is inside :)

8. kylepetree

kylepetree Karting

Oct 1, 2012
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Kyle Petree
    I'd be in for that!

9. jabba

jabba Karting

Apr 22, 2006
    Northeast, OH
    Full Name:
    HR
    Isaac,

I had a great time visiting the Lingrnfelter Collection over the weekend. Despite visiting a second time I am still amazed at the great variety of cars and the eagerness of Mr. L and the Lingenfelter family to share this passion with others.

The one thing I must know is why no F50? Why?!!!!

Thanks,
    Ryan

10. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    He doesn't want to spend F50 money IMO, and they don't come up that often. A while back, I think he looked at two, and neither were the car that would stand out, while being reasonably priced.

11. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMvYNa4oNs8]Boyscout Troop 350 April 2013 Fundraiser at the Lingenfelter Collection - YouTube[/ame]

Kids love the DeLorean!

12. sca037

sca037 Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2009
    Northville, MI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    .....and purple cars ;-P

Brian

13. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    P1 or F70 going to end up in there?

14. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Our next public open house is coming up as part of the fundraising effort for the Detroit Institute of Ophthalmology with the Eyes on Design car show at the Edsel Ford estate.

Date: June 15, 2013
    Time: 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM
    Cost: $15 individual ticket, $20 Eyes on Design show + open house combo ticket
    Location: Lingenfelter Motorsports 7819 Lochlin Dr. Brighton, MI 48116

Please don't park on the grass in our neighbors parking lots. Our neighbors graciously allow parking, and have soft grass and sprinkler systems that can be easily damaged by parking on it.

Please DO bring your cameras and friends!

15. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Isaac, it was nice meeting you and Eric at yesterdays Lingenfelter event and your photos are amazing. Please keep me updated on the next driving event.

Sam

16. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    It was great meeting you too, Sam! Look forward to seeing your TR!

17. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    #842 nthfinity, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoLHgkWQLEM]Lingenfelter Collection Open House 6-15-2013 - YouTube[/ame]

19. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Haha nice! Love the time lapse.

Chris

20. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    This Thursday will be my final day at Lingenfelter Performance Engineering. Over the past two and a half years, I've been able be a part of some pretty amazing things, ranging from SEMA to being a part of one of the great car collections, and collectors in the world; along with the premier aftermarket tuner of all things LSx; and building some of the most exciting ways to find fun in a gallon of gasoline. I want to say thank you to everybody who have worked to help make us all a success, the life-long friends I've made, the fans of the collection, and performance company, and the journey we have all gone on together. I especially want to thank Ken Lingenfelter for giving me the opportunity. It was through a friendship of chance that started 10 years ago at a grocery store parking lot that started my journey; and living vicariously through my photos of cars. Who could have ever guessed?!

It's been a true joy getting to start a new career doing something that I love, and loving what I do. I am truly proud of what has come from these years. One thing I am certain of is that this isn't "Goodbye". As this is what I love to do, I will continue seeing and talking to everybody at so many of the shows.

I eagerly am looking forward to the next step in my career, and work hard to see where this will take me, and the people I will meet. There are too many people to thank in a posting like this specifically; so thank you to everybody who was a part of my success, and continued success!

21. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    best of luck,you have your whole life ahead of you.
    make things happen

22. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    Thanks for sharing the experience with us too! Many of my greatest car memories so far were because of you. Best of luck with the new endeavor, keep working hard and kickin' butt!

23. sca037

sca037 Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2009
    Northville, MI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    On your last day at Lingenfelter, swing by and pick me up in the F40 (or CGT, Veyron or oh heck just surprise me).........unless you need a positive reference point on your resume that is ;^D

Congrats!
    Brian

24. teflon

teflon Formula Junior

May 16, 2003
    Full Name:
    Greg A
    Isaac,

It was a pleasure meeting you several years ago, and a pleasure to see your enthusiasm and generosity continue to grow.

I hope you find fulfillment and success in your next venture, but seeing the Lingenfelter Collection without you there won't be the same.

Greg A

25. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Congrats to you Isaac!! You have made some enormous steps since I first met you. You have the passion and the smarts, so think big!

Chris