The Lingenfelter Collection | Page 33 | FerrariChat

The Lingenfelter Collection

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by nthfinity, Jun 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  2. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    #802 nthfinity, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
    No, that one is the Demo. This one has a more metallic red paint job than the Demo has.

3. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    I did see another FF by the service area.

Chris

4. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    False. The demo is the exact same color.

5. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    I'll accept that. You would know better than I :)

6. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Whew..............thought I might be losing it!!!
    Sure looked the same to me. :)

7. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Is a Fisker or McLaren MP4-12C going to be joining the collection?

Also, no McLaren F1? Strange. Seems like one of the first superexotics to belong in such an amazing collection.

8. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    You never know...

My take is that there wont be a Fisker coming to the collection; and it is not likely that a MP4-12C will be either. At least not in it's current form. With rumors of a F1 successor with a long name... If I were a discerning buyer, I would wait for that.

There have been numerous F1's offered. Not everybody really falls over for them. Some think that market value on them is +- 4MM. I can tell you that at least one has been offered for a LOT less than that, including federalization.

9. Motorcitydriver

Motorcitydriver Karting

Aug 9, 2006
    Bloomfield, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Graham
    #809 Motorcitydriver, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    #810 nthfinity, Feb 21, 2012
  11. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Isaac, hope all is well. That looks like perfect weather to be doing donuts in the parking lot! Take care.

-Greg

12. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    All is well, thanks!

Blizzard for 2 hours dumping a little over 2"; then 40+ degree weather, it was gone by the end of the work day.

13. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Lingenfelter Performance Engineering has recently launched a new line of pink merchandise in support of breast cancer awareness that is available at www. lingenfelter.com . From each purchase we will donate $5 to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. In addition to the new apparel launch, The Private Lingenfelter Collection will be opening the doors for participants in the Hot Rod Power Tour to visit the car collection in Brighton, Michigan on Friday June 1st, 2012 from 10am – 6pm. Shop Pink Lingenfelter merchandise will be available for sale and donations will be accepted for breast cancer research at the event. www.lingenfeltercollection.com Enjoy the video and please share this post with your friends!!! Let’s help find a cure!!! Shop Pink at www.lingenfelter.com And we hope to see you June 1st.

14. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
  15. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    #815 nthfinity, May 23, 2012
    http://www.thelingenfeltercollection.com/2012/05/events/lingenfelter-collection-open-house-6-1-12/

Share event info with your FB friends
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. jabba

jabba Karting

Apr 22, 2006
    Northeast, OH
    Full Name:
    HR
    I will be be coming from the Cleveland area to join everyone at this event! Have there been any new additions to the collection or any new sales? Has Lingenfelter ever had an F50?

17. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    No F50, but there is a lot of changed metal in the collection. Be sure to let me know who you are when you see me. (I'll likely have a camera or two around my neck, and taking photos of people with the Bugatti/Reventon.

18. jabba

jabba Karting

Apr 22, 2006
    Northeast, OH
    Full Name:
    HR
    Sounds good. Every time I have been to Detroit, I've stopped by Cauley or Porsche on Woodward and there is almost certainly one of Lingenfelter's cars in for service. I've seen the GT2, CGT, 288GTO, MC12 (is that his?). I'm very excited about finally seeing the collection firsthand. I'll be wearing a Challenge Stradale cap.

19. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Certainly the 288 GTO. He sold his 997 GT2 (red/red wheels) a few years back already. :) See you tomorrow!

20. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I look forward to seeing the collection tomorrow. 5am I start driving from MD to MI. Looking forward to Belle Isle as well.

21. jabba

jabba Karting

Apr 22, 2006
    Northeast, OH
    Full Name:
    HR
    Great time at the Charity Preview and a strong turnout from the Hot Rod Power Tour. I was most impressed by the Corvettes represented in the Lingenfelter collection especially the Callaways.

I did note that many of the cars featured on the Lingenfelter Collection website are no longer in the collection (Vanquish, Phantom, SLR, 430 scuderia, GT2) Did Ken sell all of these to make room for new purchases?

What else is on the horizon? What are his plans to add next?

My favorite cars of the collection had to be F40, 599 GTO, 16M, Callaway Speedsters, Carrera GT, Buick GNX, Yenko Chevelle. Looking forward to the next charity event.

defiant likes this.
  22. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    I hope you had a great weekend! I know the Indy race didn't end up going as well as it could have :(

Thanks for coming out! Cars come and cars go. I know he hopes to be on Ferrari's list for the next supercar :)

23. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Just found this thread.... thanks again SO MUCH Isaac for giving me, SoJ and my
    daughter Jennifer a tour in April. That truly was one of the highlights of our trip.

:)

Jedi

24. jabba

jabba Karting

Apr 22, 2006
    Northeast, OH
    Full Name:
    HR
    Isaac,

I am planning my second visit to the collection on April 20 for the open house. Have any new cars come into the collection or have any left?! Looking forward to seeing them again.

Ryan