The latest Ferrari Moose | FerrariChat

The latest Ferrari Moose

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Martin Meade, Nov 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Martin Meade

Martin Meade Karting
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2004
    B'ham, WA
    Full Name:
    Martin Meade
    The Volvo XC90 shown at SEMA last week was to announce the new V8 model. It is the same motor as the SHO Taurus made by Yamaha just with two extra cylinders. Aria Group built the car for Volvo and Girodisc did the brake system. We do alot of OEM work. Our employment history is in design studios so we have good contacts to get these kind of jobs. This particular system has Brembo 8-piston calipers in front grabbing 15" floating rotors and 4-piston calipers on 13" rotors in the rear. The parking brake is incorporated in the rear hat.

The moose logo was a joke in the original concept sketckes for this car and it somehow stuck.

We're doing a duplicate system on the new car that has 605hp. Should be a hoot!

2. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    DUDE!!! I love that xc90, and then the v8 intor, i was excited, that body kit looks hot!

3. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    Thats the best looking street SUV I think I've ever seen - very sweet!

4. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    I was pretty sure the engine in the SHO was a V8? Regardless, I doubt the engine in the Taurus made 311hp.

5. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    that's actionable

6. jmuriz

jmuriz Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    First SHO was a 3.0 V6 making 220HP and the second generation had a 3.4 V8 with 235HP. I believe the new Volvo V8 is just an enlarged SHO V8. Stout motor if it can handle up to 600HP though. The question is, the showcar was twin-turbo'd right?

7. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    http://www.swedespeed.com/news/publish/Volvo_News/article_375.html

volvos are not tuned from the factory, and they are very easy to squeeze hp out of, but this new motor may be an issue, as it is not a brick motor.

i'll place an order for that body kit and i'll settle for 400hp, not that 600 quoted when the v8 is out. unless it lives up to the legendary volvo lifecycle.

8. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Another photo of the XC90 is on page 16 in this week's Autoweek. They say that is more then the Ferrari-red exterior and slick body kit and go further to state to check out the shield shaped badge - "Do you see an homage - a long-legged homage - to another well known car company? We'd call this model Rosso Mooseo.

Carol

"moose are cool critters"

9. gentry

gentry Guest

thats actually nice. Looks better than the X5 IMO. Id sport it. Would need some interior work done though.