"The Lamborghini Miura" by Simon Kidston | Page 6 | FerrariChat

"The Lamborghini Miura" by Simon Kidston

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Ronald A. Berke, Oct 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bloomberg

bloomberg Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2011
    GBP 5,500,- for a red sleeved copy from Horton's.

375+ and Rosey like this.
  2. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    What is a 'red sleeved' copy?
    Any difference from the yellow ones, besides the color?

Regards, Alberto

3. stevewak

stevewak Karting

Jul 31, 2006
    UK
    It’s the colour associated with the SV numbers. Yellow for P400s, orange for P400Ss. Same book.

Rosey and 375+ like this.
  4. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Thank you!

Regards, Alberto

stevewak likes this.
  5. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Therefore, in order of perceived book value, the less of a particular model, the less books published.

I may be wrong, and do not have the figures, but how many cars were made of each P400, S, SV?
    So, by my book, if you have an SV, and you wish an SV book, you must pay more, i.e. GBP 5,500,- for a red sleeved copy from Horton's.

Regards, Alberto

6. stevewak

stevewak Karting

Jul 31, 2006
    UK
    If you want the book number to match your car, yes. They all look good, though personally I like the orange 'S' one - 338 examples. Green is P400 (274) and red SV (150). Book no. 1 also had a special gold slipcase for the charity auction we did with Sir Jackie Stewart before Christmas. That car is no more.

7. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    I chose the orange too, only because that was the unofficial launch colour.

To be honest, red, green or orange they are all pretty much worth similar money.

My friend (Carl 888) said the book is more expensive in dollar terms now then the first Miura he ever saw for sale.

8. stevewak

stevewak Karting

Jul 31, 2006
    UK
    I meant YELLOW! Thinking of the Register where P400 pages are green-themed. Been a long project...

Rosey and 375+ like this.
  9. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I thought P400 run in 474 units! If i‘m wrong my book #474 isn‘t matching my intention... :D

10. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Well, as I had no clue, just went random. Yellow it is.

Regards, Alberto

stevewak and Rosey like this.
  11. DeRRis

DeRRis Karting

Nov 6, 2012
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Dennis B
    Rosey and stevewak like this.
  12. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    I have a set of white cotton gloves, that I will use on mine :) Enjoy it for awhile, at least!
    No one will know ;)

Regards, Alberto

stevewak, DeRRis and Rosey like this.
  13. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    It‘s much more a shame not reading one of the greatest carbooks ever made!

375+, Boomhauer, Nembo1777 and 2 others like this.
  14. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Any further Register updates Steve?

15. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Surprising that an Ebook version has not been announced yet when it is so obvious a way to allow many more to read the book without upsetting the speculators. It would allow more income to the originators and alleviate the annoyment of all those who waited over ten years only to be told it sold out.
    Steve Wakefield over to you please.

montagna likes this.
  16. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    I mentioned that back in my post in December and we are still waiting...

17. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Someone does not care, I wonder who...of course he is more interested in VVIP's (his ludicrous expression) and is known for his elitism so to even think of making a E book version for the unwashed masses...but he can prove us wrong....

An owner of the book has offered to scan the whole thing for me and if an E book does not come I will accept...then maybe it will magically reproduce;-)

18. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    As you know I own "the book" but I would really love it on my tablet just if nothing else for the sake of being more convenient and portable to read- as well as the ability for many others to enjoy too.

jm2 and Nembo1777 like this.
  19. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #144 Nembo1777, Apr 7, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    Can't agree more, my most important book, Maserati the Citroen years 1968-1975 is 510 pages, almost four kilos but the digital version is always in my wallet, it comes with the Deluxe version: see here.

Credit card size. Downloads in a minute, yet high Res.

Young Simon: consider this a free lesson in smart publishing:D

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

gt4me and Rosey like this.
  20. ChoroQ

ChoroQ Karting

Jan 20, 2014
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.C.
    Slighty OT, but love your book Marc - and I'm a proud owner of #56/250 :cool:

Nembo1777 likes this.
  21. bloomberg

bloomberg Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2011
    So only for 'speculators' and not available to the 'unwashed masses'?

22. stevewak

stevewak Karting

Jul 31, 2006
    UK
    Hi, a reasonable question! It's going to the proof readers early next week and we hope printers later this month. I know, I know, but believe me, it's been a huge job that has thrown up a massive amount of new information and still does almost on a weekly basis. We have just received some new pictures of a significant Miura in London in the 1960s, for example. Always happy to reply to comments or questions on a civil basis.

23. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hardly.

The standard version was less than a hundred Pounds and is sold out despite NOT being limited however some copies of the Deluxe version remain and they are only a reasonable 175 Pounds, not over 400 like certain other books...and we did not create an Oligarch version with encrusted diamonds or whatever.

http://www.eaurougepublishing.com/publications/detail/maserati-the-citroen-years

24. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #149 Nembo1777, Apr 7, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    Dear Steve the question was posed by Rosey one of the clients who bought the book and me, initial co author who delivered the work after ten months 2007-2008 before I became tired of waiting in 2012 and walked out with a settlement as you know.

So I pose the question again politely enough, not that I owe any politeness to Kidston who last time responded via lawyer, I pose the question for all those who wanted the book and were not able to catch one during the lightning quick purchase window and for those who could not afford 400 plus Pounds for a book: WHEN IS THE DIGITAL VERSION COMING OUT?

You work for him, he is not above us, it is an absolutely legitimate question; get him to answer.

Do I need to ask it via lawyers again?!

SK just sold the pontoon fendered testa Rossa and 250 GTO of Lawrence Stroll actually earnings millions in commissions so don't tell me Kidston SA does not have the tiny budget needed to get this done and to market?!

Oh and as to predicting the readiness of something coming out of the SK ivory tower offices here is a gem I found in my files;-)

Guess what year this advertisement published in Classic & Sports Car is from (note the Register was then going to be a chapter in the book)?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

......it is from.....2009...! Oh and hoohhaa the title is secret, what nonsense, I knew nothing of this ad before hand needless to say, typical. Yes back then already he was saying next year, this year....

Get me and those who want to buy one a PDF/ E version and I will be happy enough and rest my case.

gt4me likes this.
  25. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Thanks for the update buddy. Much appreciated.

Just while I think of it what's the latest with the Jota Special Edition, seems to be shrouded in mystery right from the start.

Any hints when it comes to price, number of copies and the presentation of the book?

stevewak likes this.