The (In)famous 358 rises from the dead! | Page 13 | FerrariChat

The (In)famous 358 rises from the dead!

Discussion in '348/355' started by plugzit, Nov 21, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I already wrecked a 348 racecar at Willow. The chances of wrecking another one on the same track is "nil". I say lets give it a go.

2. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Fixed. ;) :D

You reckon the rest of the corners will be ok then? :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

3. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    If you can pry the keys out of Bruce's hand, I say go for it, but if ya break it, ya buy it. ;)

4. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    You know, Helms, me 'n the good ole boy was asittin' and a jawin' the other day 'bout the Three Five Eight and it comes to us alla sudden that one of us (the good ole boy, ta be spciffick) has a nice 355 TB set up that we never tried in this car. In fact we wuz sittin' an jawin' about the Michelotto race cars and how their motors had these TBs on 'em. So, we said, "Hell, I bet we could just throw those bears on this crate and what'll think it'll do?" Sure as heck won't be no issue tunin' 'em since we got this Motec on it.

We's awondering how fast a couple of Stooges could go in this rod afore we hit the wall on our talents.

We need a track day. :)

We seem to be earning enuff money now that maybe there's a chance that this old dog'll could be hunting again real soon. 'Course, not with either one of us fools at the controls...

5. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    First the talk of getting a Real job.... then this! Yer Killin me.... my personal hero who worked one day every 2 months, living in SoCal on the beach with two red cars in the garage, sippin wine while being fanned by his harem under the shade of a palm tree... WORKING?!

Cant find fault with the thinkin..., there is a set sitting atop the Enduro engine still waiting for me to rid the shop of alligators so I can finish my own cars.

Now that the money is flowing like cheap wine and ALL budget constraints have been lifted from the Red Sled project..... A short time back there was a late 70's Frisbee engine cover with snorkel for sale on Craigslist in LA. Don't worry about not being able to see out the RV mirror, what is behind you is of no concern. Welded steel hog fence on the opening (no worry, the ole boy has worked with that before in a past life) to screen out the small children and pets from getting sucked in at high revs.

Every Spring we return where we left off, "The first liar doesn't stand a chance"... (enter Bruce W) and talk starts about the GFRT reunion. Hopefully one year it will happen, while we are still walking upright.... for the most part.