The Great Spring Drive--Let's start working on this! | Page 10 | FerrariChat

The Great Spring Drive--Let's start working on this!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by JoeZaff, Jan 2, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DaveFizer

DaveFizer Rookie

Mar 30, 2010
    Landenberg, PA
    Full Name:
    Dave Fizer
    Hello JoeZaff,

Bill Ebert from the FCA-MAR suggested I reach out to members of FerrariChat.com. I'm new to the site but have reviewed the postings on the Spring ride scheduled for April 10th.

Would you and the other members consider changing the starting point of the April 10th ride to a little further South in Earleville, MD? I know I am in no position to request such a thing (especially from a "newbie") but here's the reason I ask:

I am coordinating a June charity event in Earleville to benefit injured veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan and The Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund. The theme for the event is a car rally and it would be great to have pictures of Ferraris and other cars at the property for the charity website, brochures and flyers.

The address of the property is
    314 Grove Neck Road, Earleville, MD 21919

Pictures of the property
    http://www.luxist.com/2006/10/03/bracebridge-hall-estate-of-the-day/
    http://www.bracebridgehall.com/

Breakfast / Dinner
    If the members would consider this, as a "thank you" I would like to provide a pre-ride breakfast, coffee, etc for your members. If your group wants to return at the end of the ride, I would also like to provide a post-ride cookout overlooking the waters of the Sassafras River.

It's not exactly the Iron Skillet but hopefully we could compete with their offerings.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Dave
    Dave Fizer
    302-521-2933
    Landenberg, PA

2. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Hi, Dave....kudos for your work with injured veterans.

How far is Earleville from Elkton? Thanks.

3. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Earleville is probably 20 miles from the start point. I lived a couple miles from this property for a few years.
    Bob

4. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Joe, Give me a call today.

Bob

5. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    #230 captglen, Mar 31, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
    Its probably another 30 minutes maybe a lttle more. I had my boat at Long Point Marina for 10 years and that is in Earleville. A great drive down 213 but only 1 lane.

6. Oakes Detail

Oakes Detail Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2009
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Oakes Detail
    Glenn, will you be riding down with anyone else from the PA area? Mind if I follow you down?

7. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    We have met in the past at Starbucks on Germantown Pike at the entrance to the turnpike. I am assuming we would be doing the same. Following us down is fine with me and I am sure there will be others meeting as well. We will get the time and place settled when the run gets closer. Hope all is well with you Nick. Also I see you are opening your shop on April 1st, Congratulations !!!

8. Oakes Detail

Nov 4, 2009
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Oakes Detail
    Sounds good Glenn, when you guys have an idea of your route down please let me know so I can find a place to jump on! The shop won't be completely ready by April 1st but I already have cars waiting so I have to start getting them in...guess it's a good problem to have haha. Looking forward to meeting again!

9. FerrariMC

FerrariMC Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2006
    Allentown, PA Area
    Full Name:
    Mark C
    What kind of car shop are you opening and where? Just curious, I've been unemployed for a bunch of months now, didn't know if you needed any help? It's quite embarassing to admit, but I've been idle for a while and it's absolutely pathetic!! Maybe we can talk at the "Drive", I'll be joining Glenn who's rather generously offered me a seat to join him. Great guy!! Anyway, let me know about the shop when you can Oakes, your profile is blank, so I didn't know any other info., that's all. Grazie. Ciao!

Mark

10. Oakes Detail

Nov 4, 2009
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Oakes Detail
    Hey Mark,

It is high end auto detailing/light restoration, concours prep and so forth. I am fully staffed however, I wish I could be of help, but there are three of that have been doing this for a while and we're comfortable at the level we're at now. I look forward to meeting you on the drive either way!

-Nick

11. DaveFizer

DaveFizer Rookie

Mar 30, 2010
    Landenberg, PA
    Full Name:
    Dave Fizer
    Hello VGM911 - please let me know if I'm replying to your post/question incorrectly. Again new user to this chat area.

Thanks for the kudos. My friend/client owns the property and asked me to assist in coordinating a charity event at Bracebridge Hall. So we decided to help our injured veterans and the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund. http://www.fallenheroesfund.org

I'm a one-man show putting this event together thus the appeal to the chat community.

Earleville is about 15 to 18 miles South of Elkton. It's a beautiful drive through past Chesapeake City and then take a turn at Cecilton. Hopefully this route may fit in with the original planned route.

Thanks!

Dave
    Dave Fizer
    Landenberg, PA
    302-521-2933

12. DaveFizer

DaveFizer Rookie

Mar 30, 2010
    Landenberg, PA
    Full Name:
    Dave Fizer
    Hello RCraig,

This property was the former MBNA Corporate retreat. Glad you know the area well.

Thanks

Dave

13. DaveFizer

DaveFizer Rookie

Mar 30, 2010
    Landenberg, PA
    Full Name:
    Dave Fizer
    Hello CaptGlen and other chat members,

I am going to be at the property (Bracebridge Hall) in Earleville Thursday (tomorrow) afternoon and possibly Friday as well if the Team Leaders of the Spring Drive would like to check out the property prior to next weekend just to make sure it's a suitable alternative starting point.

Appreciate your consideration.

Thanks

Dave
    Dave Fizer
    Landenberg, PA
    302-521-2933

14. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Dave,
    Thank you so much for your generous invitation. Bob will be calling you shortly to discuss logistics. I will post a new thread with an announcement in this regard, once we can work out the details.

On another note, although this board is very friendly, there are occasional trolls of ill will lurking about. I would probably refrain from posting your phone number in a public thread. In fact, I would probably suggest you PM one of the moderators about deleting it, if it is too late for you to do it yourself.

Thanks again!

15. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Not anymore. If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

16. DaveFizer

DaveFizer Rookie

Mar 30, 2010
    Landenberg, PA
    Full Name:
    Dave Fizer
    Thanks JoeZaff!

17. DaveFizer

DaveFizer Rookie

Mar 30, 2010
    Landenberg, PA
    Full Name:
    Dave Fizer
    Joe,

Thanks for the suggestions on posting info.

Dave

18. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Unfortunately, despite our best efforts we could not make the logistics work regarding incorporating DaveFizer's starting point. Bob, Jon and I, will be working with Dave and look forward to posting news soon. We will be starting in Elkton at the Travel Plaza restaurant as originally posted.

As it stands, I HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD POSTING ALL ESSENTIALS REGARDING THE UPCOMING RALLY. Let's move over to that thread, as it is less confusing for any newbies who may stumble upon it.