The FIA Stewards Speak Out ! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

The FIA Stewards Speak Out !

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by FLATOUTRACING, May 29, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    After what has happened I'd better not read or hear anymore S*** about how FIA favors Ferrari at all !

Also if I was Ferrari I would start bringing up the Launch Control on the Renaults.

2. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    to be honest, i guess everyone here should just accept the whole thing like Ferrari did and move on. no point holding a press conference demanding mosley's signature, etc. don;t get me wrong, i didn;t favour this whole silly situation one bit, as i think MS was punished too harshly. the punishment didn;t fit the crime. but let's all just wait and see how a red tide will sweep the british gp shall we? Ferrari had demonstarted they have an ultimate package at monaco. so let's just see...

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I think FIA (read Mad Max) is so close in bed with Bernie (read entertainment $$$), that their main goal is to keep the show on the road. I'm purely speculating here, but I could imagine that somebody might have asked for a race ban for MS after Monaco and they decided against it because it would have completely ruined the Championship.

I can also imagine (although with the French connection going on that's a bit harder) that if Renault remains dominant in F1, the FIA will get creative with ideas to bring them down again. FIA was clearly against Ferrari with the tire change rule last year (and boy did it work well), but I don't take that as a pro or contra Ferrari stand, but rather as a pro or contra the dominant force position.

Solamente mis dos pesos speculativos. :)

4. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

No, I don't think so. I was not present when OJ's ex wife was slaughtered, so I don't know who did that either. From the evidence made public, there are just too many questions to draw a conclusive opinion. To do so is to make assumptions based on your bias, that allows for multiple conclusions, the truth then being hit and miss.

None of us really know. Even you!!

5. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    Blocking goes on all the time in racing, why would a ban be appropriate in this instance? That's silly overreacting. I think he got caught in unsportsmanlike conduct, and the penalty was appropriate and justified. (As lawyers, we prove deliberate conduct by circumstance all the time...the question is...what is the burden of proof (eg. preponderance of the evidence or beyond a reasonable doubt...either way I think any jury would vote deliberate on this one)). I think F1 is cut throat, too much money at stake, and there is a win at all costs attitude and too much political infighting. It's a joke as a sporting contest. JMHO

6. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    A little pressure on the FIA would do well-GF should have been in the back of the grid with MS. Similar infractions deserve similar penalties; FIA is a joke.

Ferrari sweeping the British GP? Massa is as useless as the rest of the field. MS has no help from anyone....

Baring mechanical failures, it will be MS first, FA second, GF third...

7. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Brian, you're right. It's in the past and regardless of how each of us feels about the penalty, pro or con, this situation will motivate MS to chase FA even harder.

8. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Given the season so far, I'd have to disagree on that one. The back markers are just for show. Passing at Monaco can be a problem, but it gets harder the closer you get to the front.

The top four or five cars are having a contest on their own. Passing the slow 17 cars doesn't really prove anything about the pace up front. Schumi's fast lap doesn't prove anything either, with nobody seriously chewing on Alonso's wing. (And FA had to save that engine for next race.)

Next race, Michael will be preserving his engine and FA will be able to run it out for a quick pace. FIA lightning bolts aside, it could come down to alternating wins until somebody lunches a mill and the leaders get on the same engine schedule.

9. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

thats for sure! MS has a huge point now to prove at the british GP. that's a huge motivation factor now. MS can look in the past and see monaco as a success, so he'll be hungrier than ever, since that potential win was snatched away from him last weekend. renault aren;t pretty impressive at silverstone, are they? sweeping curves, now with the less powerful V8s, fast corners, my money is on MS on this one.

10. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

i'm actually pointing out to the fact, comparing fernando to michael, michael had a better package at monaco. fernando was struggling to hold up kimi, and webber as well. damn, if only that cosworth lasted....

11. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Perhaps this should be a poll.

I think MS intentionally blocked the track. If so, it was an interesting but poorly executed strategy. Found myself wishing he'd banged up the nose a bit - if you're allowed to put on a new one.

I also think the punishment was absurd, and may have ruined the season. How can anyone prove MS acted intentionally? Why impose the death penalty when uncertainty exists?

12. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    so true. been cheating his entire career, finally some punishment and the disgrace he deserves. his face at the interview was so telling and so amusing!

13. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    For what it's worth, I'm with you Jon.

14. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Schumaker and Alonso will both be on the second race with their engines (Ferrari decided to change in Monaco after their penalties couldn't push them any farther back), so both had to be concerned about saving the engines for the next race. FA will have no advantage there (not that there is one with the 2-race rule...either you're preserving your engine for next race or the end of the current one).

Also, Kimi and Webber were seriously gnawing on Alonso's tail, so Schumi's fast lap does mean he was faster than everyone else over a single lap.

15. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Ah. (I was watching Indy on Sunday ... I'll watch the SpeedTV replay of Monaco after FIA figures out if they like the finish as it was or wants to rewrite it.)

Hmm -- From what I heard about DNFs, maybe Alonso was movin' right along. ;)

16. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    James Allen's (ITV F1 commentator) opinion of the Schumacher incident (source: http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?Type=James_Allen&PO_ID=36103 )

17. Andy 308GTB

Andy 308GTB F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Jun 2, 2004
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    Andy M
    It is all becoming clearer.
    Schumacher in an open topped car, lots of spectators on grassy banks and believe it not, the judges took the decision on the 5th floor of the the Monaco Book Store...

18. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
  19. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Jon,

Don't sweat it mate, I also am 100% sure this was a deliberate act. The last time we saw silly sawing at the steering wheel from MS like this was when he deliberately spun at Silverstone in practice to get a better time slot for his single qualifying lap.

As you have said over and over again, those steering inputs simply do not make sense ... even for an amature, let alone somebody at his level. He was trying to fool the idiots that he was out of control ... some have been fooled, but most haven't.

The silly thing is he probably would have won the race as he would have had a front row start ... anyway.

Again you don't stabilise an out of control car with crazy steering inputs like that. We have to remember that at Monaco they run even faster steering racks so all he would have needed was like 1/8th turns to catch anything ... it was all an act. He really is a lousey stunt driver ;)

So shameful ... looking forward to post MS days as all I can see now is a man past his prime looking like a fool. Which is a pity as he can still drive and just needs to do what he can by driving, not fncking about.

Pete

20. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    Fully delibrate move, transparent and shameless. My reaction was, "what type of fools do you take us for?" I have always been one to give MS the benefit of the doubt, but this was laughable. Kudos to the Stewards for doing their job.

21. JOHNCJ8989

JOHNCJ8989 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    John
    He will retire after this season I am sure.

22. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Well he has until tomorrow (June 1st) to make up his mind.

23. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Why is that?

Ferrari extended the deadline to after the last race, if that's what you're referring to.

Apart from that I too believe he'll retire. He lost a lot of fan support in Monaco and the championship battle is not going to get easier. If I were in his shoes I'd take it now race by race, enjoy myself and try to score the occasional win.

24. Dono

Dono Karting

Feb 27, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Don Neumann

Ouch. That hurts!

25. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

JV should just keep his mouth shut and focus on getting his future right first. he speaks like as if he makes no mistakes. he made a rather stupid mistake by overtaking under yellow flags. and don;t forget...he tried to be a hero by crashing into his own teammate at monaco once upon a time. EVEN IDE DOESN'T TAKE OUT HIS OWN TEAMMATE.