The Fchat Exit Poll: Who DID You Vote For? | Page 11 | FerrariChat

The Fchat Exit Poll: Who DID You Vote For?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Ferrariguy2, Sep 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

How are you voting in the election

1. Conservative

2. Liberal

3. NDP

4. Green Party

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    That's like the US who voted for Bush, no viable alternative. Look where that got the world.

2. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    #252 GerryD, May 1, 2011
    Last edited: May 1, 2011
    You have to be kidding. Like comparing a dino and an FX. The only comparison I can see is that voting for Layton is akin to having Sara Palin for President

3. Toronto308

Toronto308 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Esteban
    When I listen to the three of them all I can think is "My God, we're screwed". Sure, Harper can talk. He sticks to the script so intensely he goes mute when there's a problem with the teleprompter... for seven minutes! We know he can read. Can he think?
    What we all need to do is see who in our riding has the best chance to take a seat away from the Tories. We've lost enough rights, and money, already under the Harper government. It's time for them to go.

BTW I feel the same way about the Liberal govt here in Ontario. The G8 was nothing short of unforgivable. Harper and McGuinty should be thrown in jail.

4. Ferrariguy2

Ferrariguy2 F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2004
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chief
    As if anyone needed another reason to stop the NDP/Liberals. Harper, while not perfect, is the obvious logical choice.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2011/05/01/bloomberg1376-LKKHAD07SXKX01-4CQ44UMSRPMK25PE92T2II0IE6.DTL

Canadian Dollar Falls on Bets Conservative Majority to Be Denied

May 2 (Bloomberg) -- Canada's dollar slid from almost the highest level in more than three years on speculation the New Democratic Party will deny Conservatives a majority as Canadians vote today.

The loonie has fallen since April 20 against most of its major counterparts amid concern the NDP may end up with a share of power or create gridlock for Prime Minister Stephen Harper's Conservative minority government. At stake are tax reductions worth C$6 billion ($6.3 billion) annually for businesses such as Toronto-based Bank of Nova Scotia, which both the NDP and the Liberals have pledged to reverse.

"The Harper government has been remarkably responsible and successful," said Joseph Trevisani, chief market analyst at FX Solutions in Saddle River, New Jersey. "If you end up weakening or removing a successful government, the success of the replacement government is certainly unproved and perhaps could be worrisome considering its particular political bent."

The loonie, as the Canadian currency is known for the image of the aquatic bird on the C$1 coin, depreciated 0.4 percent to 94.90 cents versus the greenback at 12:10 p.m. in Toronto, from 94.51 cents on April 29. One Canadian dollar buys $1.0537. The Canadian currency touched 94.46 cents on April 29, the strongest level since November 2007.

Polls indicate the likeliest outcome of the election is that Harper, in power since 2006 and leader of his party since 2003, will win his third consecutive minority government. The Conservatives had 37 percent support among decided voters, according to a CTV/Globe/Nanos tracking poll published May 1. That's down from a campaign high of 42 percent on April 4.

5. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    #255 starboy444, May 2, 2011
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
    Going to head out around 5pm today to vote.....NDP is a NO for sure!
    Harper and PC have been great the last few years, keeping the economy from imploding considering the world financial crisis.
    NDP will just end up creating more goverment jobs, and killing the private sector even more. We may be protected in Ontario because we have a Liberal goverment in power, but it will be a **** show if they get together. Aside from the Ehealth, and other money losers, Mcguinty has done a fair job in this province.

I'm not concerned about the Canadian dollar, it would do the entire country better if it went down to $.65 cents again. We've been bleeding jobs and exports because of the high loonie; job and economy growth has been sluggish for the last 5 years because of it.

The high dollar is a result of a stable Canadian economy, and poor US economy. As the US economy starts to ramp up this year and next, we should see some improvement here in Canada.

6. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    #256 Fave, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
    Nothing ? Guess some people are still gob smacked.

7. Ferrariguy2

Ferrariguy2 F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2004
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chief
    A great day for Canada! Watching the coverage streaming over the internet last night was one of those moments that makes me proud to be Canadian and very proud of Canada. Iggy not even winning his own seat was icing on the cake.... scary though, how many seats Jack Layton got. In the end, the right (pardon the pun) guy won, way to go Harper!!

8. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    biggest fear to happen is yet to come.

Bob Rae - leader of the liberal party - can it get any more pathetic.

btw starrboy - a .65 loonie would result in $4.00 a litre gas, and inflation through the roof - it cant happen - its just economics. If we rasied interest rates right now, the $$ will continue to climb .... which, we should do, to ease some inflation - as its started with fuel, hydro, and food , and only going to increase.

buckle up folks, we are in for a bumpy ride still, but at least with a stable recognizable trsuted govenment around the world, Canada will still weather the storm well.

Lets just hope Harper doesnt twist too far right - if he would scrap the planes deal - or cut that order in half, would show more common sense - lets wait and see....but i doubt he will change much .... he knows all too well, he wont win in 4.5 yrs if he ventures to far off.

Lets just pray that the liberals arent that stupid to think Bob Rae would make a great PM

9. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    Hope is not a method. He has already shown his colours, you asked for it and now you are going to get it.

10. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    LETS SEE - so the options were bob rae as finance minister - or a bunch of college students from Mcgill university at 19yrs old in vegas waitressing -

i'll take my lumps with harper then :)

11. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    For sure. Anyone thinking that there was really another viable choice must be living at moms still.

12. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Ive said this before and I will say it again. I aint one to discuss politics. But in my funny way of thinking...Ignieteff was NOT the leader for us Liberal supporters. He shouldnt have been there period!

His poor performance obviously trickled down the ladder and caused alot of surprises in alot of ridings.

Just my two poor cents.